Confirmed with Link: PLD TRADED TO WASHINGTON for Darcy Kuemper

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
I thought this was a troll until I saw it was from the Kings. I can’t believe it but I’m still too pissed it ever happened to get overly excited about this. Glad he’s gone though, absolutely no hope with that guy on this team.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Digging these back up!
1718826323706.png

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I mean it's how you should look at things. The Kings are in a worse position now than they were a year ago. The Kings needed a goalie last year. They still need a goalie. And now they also have 4 assets gone that they could've used to trade for one.

No, you shouldn't. That's not the trade that was made then, and not the trade that was made today. It's a non-existent trade. Two separate trades, which aren't connected. If it was a 3 way trade on the day of, yes, they can be connected. But it wasn't, so you can't. Or you can, but you shouldn't.

Do you know of any goalie back then that would've been had for that combo? Do you know of any actually good goalie that you could get today for a 0g Kupari, 30 year old 11g Iafallo, and yet again injured Vilardi?

Reactions: Sausages

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
If you bridge Byfield, you have a shit ton of cap space to work with.

Fiala-Byfield(4.5M)-Kempe
xxxxx-Kopitar-xxxxxx
Moore-Danault-Lafreriere
Turcotte-Thomas-xxxxx

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
xxxxxxxx-Spence
Englund

Kuemper
Portillo/Rittich

Provorov 2.025M
Richards .7M
Overages: 1.85M

CAP SPACE ESTIMATE = 16M

I like:

Moore-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Byfield-Reinhart
Stephenson-Danault-Lafreriere
Turcotte-Thomas-(BIG NASTY FAST)

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Dillon-Spence
Englund

Kuemper
Portillo/Rittich

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
I was so worried this absolute bum of a hockey player was going to be infesting this team for years to come. Obviously I wish it never happened and we still had Vilardi, but props to Blake for finding a solution to a huge mistake he made. I don't want to say I'm excited for the Kings, but I'm no longer in the darkest deepest depths of darkness now that asshole is gone.

Reactions: 123slam and jtalton

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
This is the type of move a new GM makes. Not one who made the mistake and was allowed to keep their job. The fact that Blake made this move proves that he should’ve been canned.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
The team is still in Hell, but at least they're not in the constantly-getting-eaten-and-pooped-out-by-the-Devil-in-the-frozen-9th-Circle of Hell.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Crazy, last thing I expected to see today. PLD has negative f***ing value so I'll take it, even tho it hurts to give up that many assets for such a shit player. The guy is an absolute cancer and black hole, so getting him away from this team is a big win.

Better than a buyout as well cuz at least we get a goalie.

Reactions: The Pale King

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
3 years of Kuemper at $5.25m is obviously better but what a f***ing shit show. Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, and a first for f***ing Kuemper.

Oh it's better than that

So the trade tree becomes

Outgoing
Vilardi
Iafallo
Kupari
MTL 2nd
Durzi
Walker
Grans
Petersen
LA 2nd
PLD

Incoming
2 million+ of Provorov's salary
Hayden Hodgson
Kevin Connauton

AND Kuemper the goalie you waived to start the cycle above

#masterclass

Blake better not use this cap space to re-sign Matt Roy

Oh you betcha, he's signing Roy and trading Spence

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, and a 2nd.
And Durzi plus the Columbus debacle for the cap...

Which will promptly be wasted on Mantha, re-signing Roy, then trading Spence, Kaliyev and the first for Chychrun.

Or something equally absurd. It's one thing to get excited about the short term news, but if you step back and widen your eyes you can see that this is just another turn on the same express lane to nowhere.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
It's a win to move PLD without retention or adding picks and prospects. Also, about $3m in cap space and losing 4 years off the contract. It's an overall lose because what LA had to move to get PLD and the cap space to sign him and Gavrikov, but I'll take it for now.

The next issue is what Blake does with the cap space and to fill the roster. It could turn out even worse. He could sign Roy to block Spence or Clarke or go after a crazy expensive winger

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Kuemper Buyout Next offseason

2025-26 $3,458,333
2026-27 $4,208,333
2027-28 $708,333
2028-29 $708,333
i was thinking about that too, didn't do the math but kuemper's contract is basically a wash with a 1/3 PLD buyout, but definitely saves dollars over a 2/3 and is definitely an LTIRetire candidate? plus a theoretical kuemper buyout which is definitely real dollars saved

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad