Confirmed with Link: PLD TRADED TO WASHINGTON for Darcy Kuemper

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
So many thoughts.

1 - why does this sort of shit happen when I'm working?

2 - yes, good on him for correcting a mistake. But he turned a gold ring into a turd. And we're celebrating he turned a turd into a paper clip.
Yeah, well when that turd is so big and stinky, the paper clip looks like a bar of gold.

Reactions: King'sPawn

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Washington is PLD's last chance IMO.

It's the last time a franchise will be gullible enough to be enticed by his physical attributes.

Very curious to see how he plays next year.

Reactions: David Lunch

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
And Durzi plus the Columbus debacle for the cap...

Which will promptly be wasted on Mantha, re-signing Roy, then trading Spence, Kaliyev and the first for Chychrun.

Or something equally absurd. It's one thing to get excited about the short term news, but if you step back and widen your eyes you can see that this is just another turn on the same express lane to nowhere.
I mean, what could he do to make you happy at this point? You have to continue to go for it while Doughty and Kopitar are still here.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Oh it's better than that

So the trade tree becomes

Outgoing
Vilardi
Iafallo
Kupari
MTL 2nd
Durzi
Walker
Grans
Petersen
LA 2nd
PLD

Incoming
2 million+ of Provorov's salary
Hayden Hodgson
Kevin Connauton

AND Kuemper the goalie you waived to start the cycle above

#masterclass
Oh my god, it's even worse than I remember. How the hell does Blake still have supporters???

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
I still want Blake fired immediately but I have to respect his willingness to admit his mistake and cut bait on a horrible contract and player. I didn’t think he had it in him.

Reactions: ru4reals

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If anything this confirms how shortsighted Blake is/was.

They just want another Cup with Kopitar and Doughty. If Quick had played half a good as he recently has in his last year here, he'd still be here too. Same with Brown if he didn't retire.

They're not trying for the long term. They haven't since they took over. Flawed as it may be, it's always been about getting another Cup with those guys still here. Their mini-rebuild was clearly to get some assets to throw at winning another Cup with the old guys.

That's the plan, and yes it is shortsighted. They have the rest of time to truly rebuild once those guys are gone. Whether they will or not, who knows, but they're simply and desperately trying to win another Cup with the old crew. It's year by year. Move by move. Idea by idea. I might even bet that they themselves know it's not going to work, other than a miracle run. A more fundamentally crazy run than the 2014 playoff tournament.

Reactions: tbrown33 and Sol

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Was going to wait until the off-season until getting back into hockey, but Blake taking care of business early! Cleared Cap & landed a starting goalie even after Todd tanked PL's value all year!

Now sign Lewis!!!

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I feel way better about giving up Vilardi/Iafallo/2nd for nothing than having to pay PLD $8.5M for another 7 years, which would have hamstrung the org massively.
Pretty much. It's a huge relief to have this waste of space off this team and away from the youth. Guy just sets the worst example and is a complete no show. Trading for and extending him before proving anything is going to haunt Blake forever.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
To those of you celebrating this, just remember you don’t want to see Blake with capspace. You don’t want to see North Korea with Nukes, but most importantly you don’t want to see Blake with cap space.

He is the same dude who hired McLellan despite McLellan being the most disgraced coach in modern NHL history.

He extended McLellan when he had no reason to.

He gave Kopitar an extension when Kopitar has done nothing for the Kings in the playoffs for an eternity.

And he traded for PLD when PLD was more toxic than drinking water in Chernobyl.

Matt Roy is getting a huge contract and we’re gonna be ready to end it all in a couple weeks again.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
So did Blake just nuke the rest of the front office and trade Luc and Marc’s Francophone young star for someone that he was familiar with?

For some reason I still want to believe this was Blake crawling out from under Luc’s mistake.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I still want Blake fired immediately but I have to respect his willingness to admit his mistake and cut bait on a horrible contract and player. I didn’t think he had it in him.

On the plus side, Blake does not subscribe to sunk-cost fallacy - it's his best feature.
On the negative side, he keeps increasing those sunk-costs.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I like Roy, but he's an no. 4 defensemen at best. He's going to want around 6 mill a year. Just let Clarke take his spot.
We need a LHD - look at how well Florida has done with theirs. I'd be down for Forsling but he's prob getting a huge raise.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
With Luc in charge, I'm expecting an announcement that the Kings are trading a slew of picks and prospects for the services of Kevin Stevens and Josef Stumpel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad