Playoff Race Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Huge loss for the Panthers. cancels our stinker against the rangers. Win tommorrow and satourday and pray for a Panthers loss and weve made up 3 of the 4 points we were behind going into the all star break. Thank God the Panthers play the pens who will probably look for a win after they probably lose to the bolts.

Don't forget that inbetween, the Panthers also lost to the Blue Jackets but got the loser point there. Well at least now they are only 1 point ahead of us with only 1 game in hand.

Looking at Philly and the Panthers tonight, I guess we are not the only team that get embarrassed when playing for their playoff lives (we just lost 2 games by a score of 4-3, these 2 got embarrassed tonight). Let's hope this new blue blood from LA can get us back in the win column.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Since Toronto is getting Anaheim on a back to back hopefully that will help. However on Saturday Toronto is on the second night of their back to back and Montreal will be rested, which sucks because their previous two games against the Canadiens the Leafs played the night before and Montreal did not.

Habs just lost Weber long term, I think they should now certainly be done, but they definitely tend to step up when playing the leafs regardless of how good or bad the team is

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Well, Florida exposed as the frauds they are in a 7-2 beating and Philadelphia loses huge which is good.
Florida is a different team without Barkov in the lineup. That should be up on the board when the Leafs play them next. Put somebody on Barkov like glue and limit him as much as possible. Jeez kadri is gone lol. We really need a shut down line again. I don’t know if anybody ever remembers the concept of it ha. We need one

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
ouch our worries are nothing compared to the sabres fans they ought to be totally pissed.... dont blame them, Jack will want out soon too.

My heart isn’t bleeding pints of purple panther p!ss for them either.lol I’m kind of rotten today maybe i should go watch a movie ha. I said earlier I’m glad Ceci is injured and i dont care because its not life threatening ;). Worst part is I’m feeling it. I hope every team chasing or ahead of us crumbles in a dusty waste

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Florida is a different team without Barkov in the lineup. That should be up on the board when the Leafs play them next. Put somebody on Barkov like glue and limit him as much as possible. Jeez kadri is gone lol. We really need a shut down line again. I don’t know if anybody ever remembers the concept of it ha. We need one
Maybe Kyle Clifford can go up against Barkov if you put him on the Tavares line.

Reactions: glue

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Let's bring Shane Corson out of retirement...:sarcasm:

Reactions: Burnie97

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
All in our hands from here. If we can’t beat out Columbus, Florida, Philly and Carolina from here then what’s the point in being in the play offs anyway.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Well, Florida exposed as the frauds they are in a 7-2 beating and Philadelphia loses huge which is good.

I was at this game last night, rooting for Vegas obviously.
Bobrovsky let in a stinker that just seemed to deflate the Panthers.
Sound familiar?
They actually dominated the first, but couldnt keep it up.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I was at this game last night, rooting for Vegas obviously.
Bobrovsky let in a stinker that just seemed to deflate the Panthers.
Sound familiar?
They actually dominated the first, but couldnt keep it up.
I was just scoreboard watching with a grin like a cat that swallowed a canary haha. I enjoyed it. I hope they implode for a bit

Reactions: Macallan18

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
All in our hands from here. If we can’t beat out Columbus, Florida, Philly and Carolina from here then what’s the point in being in the play offs anyway.

I think they should only focus on the Panthers for 3rd in the Atlantic, let the others fight for the WC spots. It's great that after the Panthers beat us, they have lost 2 straight and we have lost one after that. 4 points in these 2 nights will be a huge boost for us.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Maybe Kyle Clifford can go up against Barkov if you put him on the Tavares line.
Kadri would do that all day. Can Kerfoot do it? If so what wingers does he get? Kappy and Clifford?

Clifford/Kerfoot/Kapanen for a shut down line? Are they the guys that can do it, I don’t know but i would think they wouldn’t have to worry about playing physical with the big red dog on the left side.

Maybe keefe should do it. Show a wrinkle and get that defensive first mojo going in the locker room by implementing it. I wouldn’t have much confidence in doing so before Clifford arrived. Spezza could be the center also doing it.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
No need to worry about this every day. 2 wins this weekend and everything changes again. I hope we can go on a 7 game heater and give ourselves a little headway.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
My heart isn’t bleeding pints of purple panther p!ss for them either.lol I’m kind of rotten today maybe i should go watch a movie ha. I said earlier I’m glad Ceci is injured and i dont care because its not life threatening ;). Worst part is I’m feeling it. I hope every team chasing or ahead of us crumbles in a dusty waste
haha this response is simply how I felt after the last 2 games at times, its not good but its the way I feel when the leafs are on the skids, hoping for a great weekend 4 points would make me smile!

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Wake me up when its April and Leafs are out of the playoffs for good and Dubas is fired.

I never cheer against the leafs. I just can't. I am not a fan of Dubas either, but his failure is an overall failure. I do appreciate him making attempts at improving the team and give him credit for that. I just don't welcome his demise like you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad