Series Talk: Playoff Qualifier Series: Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks (VAN wins 3-1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Blues fan in peace- really hope you guys get that top pick. The team and fans deserve it.

While this is a nice sentiment, I’m not going to play the part of a bleeding heart Minnesota sports fan.

We deserve a change, sure, but I’m not expecting (as if we deserve it) the #1 pick. We’ll see what happens :).

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Good luck at the draft, Laf would look good in green and red, also you guys deserve it more than the Pens or Oil.

I can always appreciate a hard fought series, I knew you guys wouldn't disappoint.

Reactions: Nsjohnson and Lapa

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Dumba did what he does best. Being a dumbass. Did not block the puck, did not remove the screen, just skated past Stalock. Win the lottery and trade Dumba and this franchise might have a fast turn around.

Reactions: victoriacanucker

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
We just have a very long way to go to before being seriously competitive. Seriously, 11 seconds. It's numbing.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It’s a hard call. Dumba is one of my favorite players but he hasn’t been good for a while now

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Gained an absolute ton of respect for the wild.
Tough series, my god.
Just battled, both teams like crazy.
You guys deserve Laf, good luck in the lottery,
As a huge fan of him, I hope he stays in the west.
Cheers moving forward.
Good game:cheers::cheers:

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
The Good:
Brodin - Absolutely elite. Our best d-man and you can make a good argument for the best player for the Wild all series. He started in the defensive zone 33% of the time and finished 2nd in xGF%, 1st among qualifying d-men, with the 3rd best HDCF%, 1st among d-men.
Hartman, Koivu, Sturm - These guys played well in all phases of the game. Was pleasantly surprised by their performance tonight, and Hartman and Koivu's performance all series long.
Fiala - Picked up where he left off in March. Unfortunately, once VAN honed in on him and focused on shutting him down, nobody else stepped up.

The Bad: These guys had flashes for a game but were otherwise non-factors.
Kunin
Foligno
Spurgeon

The Ugly: Complete trash all series. We should all hope that at least 4 of these guys aren't on the roster next year.
Hunt
Zuccarello
Suter
Galchenyuk
Donato
Parise
Greenway

Anyone I didn't mention didn't play enough to warrant being talked about.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
If we can go into next season with our roster looking something like this I wouldn't be mad:

XXX - XXX/Staal - Fiala
Kaprizov - Staal/XXX - Donato
Foligno - Ek - Kunin
Beckman - Sturm - Hartman

Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Addison
Belpedio - Menell
Pateryn

Kahkonen
Stalock

I'm thinking trading away Dumba, Parise, Greenway, the additions of 1.1/1.9, and any acquisitions we make in Free Agency or via trade should more than pump out a top 6 that we can be happy with.

Last edited:

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
The Good:
Brodin - Absolutely elite. Our best d-man and you can make a good argument for the best player for the Wild all series. He started in the defensive zone 33% of the time and finished 2nd in xGF%, 1st among qualifying d-men, with the 3rd best HDCF%, 1st among d-men.
Hartman, Koivu, Sturm - These guys played well in all phases of the game. Was pleasantly surprised by their performance tonight, and Hartman and Koivu's performance all series long.
Fiala - Picked up where he left off in March. Unfortunately, once VAN honed in on him and focused on shutting him down, nobody else stepped up.

Kunin
Foligno
Spurgeon

The Ugly: Complete trash all series. We should all hope that at least 4 of these guys aren't on the roster next year.
Hunt
Zuccarello
Suter
Galchenyuk
Donato
Parise
Greenway

How was Suter complete trash all series?

Reactions: Wild11MN

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
How was Suter complete trash all series?
He had the 2nd worst xGF% on the team behind only Zuccarello and the 4th worst HDCF%. Whenever Suter was on the ice, the team was noticeably worse and realized a significant deficit in the Shots For vs. Shots Against department.

He was pretty much the defensive version of Zuccarello all series.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
He had the 2nd worst xGF% on the team behind only Zuccarello and the 4th worst HDCF%. Whenever Suter was on the ice, the team was noticeably worse and realized a significant deficit in the Shots For vs. Shots Against department.

Okay. Maybe I wasn't just paying close enough attention to him since I can't remember him being that bad, on the contrary I thought he held his own. I thought the synergy was completely off with him being out.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008

They didn't exactly look better without him though...

Can't believe this team has ten more years of Parise and Suter, four more of Zuccarello, two more of Rask! Already starting to feel Spurgeon's deal will be a disaster.

Still believe Guerin can make some magic happen though. Certainly wouldn't mind any trade other than Brodin.

WhoseLainesItAnyway

Sep 20, 2014
The Good:

Kunin
Foligno
Spurgeon

Hunt
Zuccarello
Suter
Galchenyuk
Donato
Parise
Greenway

Where’s Dumba?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They didn't exactly look better without him though...

Can't believe this team has ten more years of Parise and Suter, four more of Zuccarello, two more of Rask! Already starting to feel Spurgeon's deal will be a disaster.

Still believe Guerin can make some magic happen though. Certainly wouldn't mind any trade other than Brodin.
Pretty sure it's down to 5 years.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I'm ok with not winning the pick just give us a chance at Rossi please. If BG has the chance and he doesn't pull the trigger I pray everyday day for Khovanov.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Isles fan here, hoping you guys win the lottery. Always had a soft spot for the Wild.

Also, is there anyway you guys buy out Parise? I was bummed when the trade didn’t happen at the deadline because the two sides ran out of time but now with the cap staying the same and our cap situation I can’t see the trade still occurring unless you guys take someone like Leddy or Leo along with Ladd. Rumor has it Bellows and Aho were in the deal too. Anyway, if he does get bought out I think he will sign with the Isles

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Dumba is not the same player pre-injury. Not sure why/what/how but he is not the same....not nearly the same. To the point that I wonder what they could get now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad