Playoff Hockey Thread part 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
The Sens have done a great job of drafting and developing key contributors in the later rounds. I think Marcus Foligno (rd 4) is the only player on the Sabres roster drafted after round 3 that can be regarded as a significant contributor. I hope Tim Murray left a few gems like these in the Sabres pipeline.

Mike Hoffman round 5 #130 overall 2009 NHL Entry Draft
Mark Stone round 6 #178 overall 2010 NHL Entry Draft
Jean-Gabriel Pageau round 4 #96 overall 2011 NHL Entry Draft
Chris Wideman round 4 #100 overall 2009 NHL Entry Draft

All these guys were drafted or acquired during Murray's time as AGM. Can't give him all the credit... but it's still impressive... over half the roster...

Karlsson
Hoffman
Turris
Stone
Pageau
Z.Smith
Dzingel
Wideman
Ceci
Methot
Anderson
Claesson
Baroweicki
Harpur

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Yeah I was reading about that just now.

Gotta love the lawyer/cavemen that run this league. :shakehead

I'd seriously like to see the study results. It would be interesting to see if in Daly's context the "boards" literally mean the dasherboards only, or include the glass. I assume it includes glass. I imagine the number of board/glass-head contacts are easily 50-100x higher than ice-head contacts, which would allow the board-head contacts to be sorted and binned further, to dasherboard contacts, glass contacts, etc., and likewise binned to include orientation of the head on impact, estimated speed at impact, etc.

I saw the Crosby incident as it happened while watching and have no opinion as to whether Crosby should have been removed from the game temporarily or permanently (both the collision itself and Crosby afterwards didn't look good).

But I'm most surprised (saddened, actually) for NHL to claim player removal couldn't be mandated. The inference in Daly's statement is removal was possible / optional, just couldn't be mandated. I don't know if he (Daly) intended for his remarks to be interpretted that way. I hope, for the players' sake, Daly was not implying a player can't be evaluated (period) if his head contacts the boards - only if his head contacts the ice.

edit: reading the protocol JimBob linked, I agree with JimBob's interpretation. It's clear the NHL is not mandated to evaluate Crosby in that situation, but nothing prevents them from doing so.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/justin-williams-mr-game-7-time-arrived-171434300.html

08d7995e9a2002145c3dc9a425a36c88

When the Washington Capitals signed Justin Williams as a free agent in July 2015, it was a seemingly perfect match. Here was a team that couldn’t win a Game 7, signing a player who never loses one.

Williams is 7-0 in Game 7s. He has seven goals and seven assists in those games. It’s earned him the moniker “Mr. Game 7,†which he’s not fond of, but he really doesn’t have a say in this because a guy who has 14 points and is 7-0 in Game 7s is pretty damn well “Mr. Game 7.â€

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Honestly if Ovechkin pulled a Kovalchuk it could be the best thing for Washington as a franchise. Build around Backstrom.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Honestly, it's kind of sad watching a mentally weak team lose to a mentally strong team.

The weak team can carry the play, outwork them, be desperate, but when they get their chances, they just can't do the automatic thing and bury it, and the strong team just eats up the moment, doesn't need any particularly excellent chance to put it away.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Ovi and holtby with the choke combo there.
Dammit, really wanted to see the pens knocked out but unless Ottawa pulls off an upset, they're gonna be back in the SCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad