Playoff Hockey Thread part 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/282574512/binary-file/file.pdf

Here is the concussion protocol for the 2016-17 season.

If any of the following symptoms or signs occurs after a direct blow to the head
(including secondary contact with the glass, boards and ice) or an indirect blow to the
head (such as a blow to the body that causes acceleration/deceleration of the head), the
Club shall remove the Player from the playing environment for an acute evaluation

I don't see that spotters can not suggest a player get pulled for a check because they only hit the boards.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The spotter did not have the authority to pull Crosby because his head hit the boards and not the ice. Really.

Yeah I was reading about that just now.

“Depending on the mechanism of injury, ‘slow to get up’ does not trigger mandatory removal,†NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told USA TODAY Sports. “The protocol has to be interpreted literally to mandate a removal. ‘Ice’ as compared to ‘boards’ is in there for a reason. It’s the result of a study on our actual experiences over a number of years. ‘Ice’ has been found to be a predictor of concussions -- ‘boards’ has not been.â€

Gotta love the lawyer/cavemen that run this league. :shakehead

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I doubt Ottawa can get past whoever wins tomorrow, but I'm glad they advanced. They've been pretty fun to watch.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The Sens have done a great job of drafting and developing key contributors in the later rounds. I think Marcus Foligno (rd 4) is the only player on the Sabres roster drafted after round 3 that can be regarded as a significant contributor. I hope Tim Murray left a few gems like these in the Sabres pipeline.

Mike Hoffman round 5 #130 overall 2009 NHL Entry Draft
Mark Stone round 6 #178 overall 2010 NHL Entry Draft
Jean-Gabriel Pageau round 4 #96 overall 2011 NHL Entry Draft
Chris Wideman round 4 #100 overall 2009 NHL Entry Draft

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
The Sens have done a great job of drafting and developing key contributors in the later rounds. I think Marcus Foligno (rd 4) is the only player on the Sabres roster drafted after round 3 that can be regarded as a significant contributor. I hope Tim Murray left a few gems like these in the Sabres pipeline.

Mike Hoffman round 5 #130 overall 2009 NHL Entry Draft
Mark Stone round 6 #178 overall 2010 NHL Entry Draft
Jean-Gabriel Pageau round 4 #96 overall 2011 NHL Entry Draft
Chris Wideman round 4 #100 overall 2009 NHL Entry Draft

Re hire murray as a scout?!

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Re hire murray as a scout?!

Would anyone on this board not do this? But in the real world I can't see how that possibly happens LOL

Btw, wasn't he the driving force behind drafting Karlsson too or am I mistaken? He is definitely on the draft picture with Erik :laugh: Taking the best D in the league in the mid first round is also quite a coup for Ottawa.

I was personally quite impressed with his drafting compared to previous years even if few have yet impacted the first team roster. Still can't believe he shot himself in the foot with defending and accepting Bylsma's antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad