Player Discussion: Brock Boeser | III | Our Boy in College

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Doesn't make much sense. He's 3rd in overall points and 5th in points/game in the entire NCAA. What's left to prove? Should be in the AHL/NHL next year. Delaying signing also further exposes you to the risk he walks for nothing (although probably low in this case, can't see him sticking around long enough in college for that to happen).

Funny that this management team watched Virtanen's very mediocre D+1 season and felt he needed to be forced into the lineup, but can't come to the same conclusion with Boeser's much, much more impressive season.

You get the feeling Virtanen had issues which is why they wanted him under tighter control, too young to young to the AHL.

McCann made the team because Vey stank the place out so bad they had to demote him to the AHL.

Hutton making the team was a complete shock to everyone.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Financially it makes a ton of sense for Boeser to start his professional career next season. Starting that entry level deal asap will give him more years to earn big money in his prime.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Spare time ?
But we are your priority, WTG

Exam weeks are coming up and I'm planning to go on vaycay after exams.

So basically I got like 1 week of "free time" before I have to study for my exams. Plus, I only got like 20 gigs left on my harddrive since my 3 TB hardrive decided to die after falling over an earthquake. I'm just too lazy to replace my hardrive by sending it in and getting a new one for free. Then I have to collect all the clips and put them together.

That's like 10 hours of work. That's a lot of time to commit that I could spend playing the upcomming dark souls game.

#FirstWorldProblems #LazyPeopleProblems

Desai87

Mar 27, 2008
Of course he wants him to stay one year, they will be gutted without him :laugh:

I think its good Boeser is staying one more year. We will probably tank and WD will be coaching next year as well.

Boeser will also get to play with Jost. :)

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Kind of ironic Canucks have more trouble signing their own college prospects than Russian prospects half-way across the world.

westvandal

Sep 18, 2008
If that's what he wants to do, then cool! I would love to see him next season playing for Utica or Vancouver but another year developing his skating with a world class program can hardly hurt.
He's setting himself up to go straight to the NHL here....

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Brock Boeser is NHL ready. Absolutely unnecessary move, but I doubt it's fatal or anything.

Surprised the Canucks let it happen, he could potentially move some tickets next season.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Aww thats too bad i think hes ready and could easily be in are top 6 deffy Uticas i dont see what else he has to do in college i really hope he knows what hes doing and theres not someome else directing him in a direction against canucks and BBs interests

ness180

Jan 27, 2012
The kid wants to defend the NCAA National Title that his team just won. Can't fault him for that. The tweet also tells me that he'll definitely be going pro once his sophomore season concludes. Don't think there is any doubt in that at this point.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The kid wants to defend the NCAA National Title that his team just won. Can't fault him for that. The tweet also tells me that he'll definitely going pro once his sophomore season concludes. Don't think there is any doubt in that at this point.

I hope so but thatll be a tense year for us fans not knowing 100% which direction hes gonna go in

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I had heard quite a while ago rumours that he wanted to stay for one more year so I can't say I'm very surprised.
Can't blame him. He's a year away from the NHL and had to choose between the AHL and College. After the run they had this year I can see why he'd want to go back and see if he can defend the title.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Boeser and Demko have seen the **** that is here currently and likely don't want a part of it.

Personally I don't think Boeser has much to gain playing in the NCAAs next season rather than in Utica.

Can already picture him regressing without his linemates this year and people freaking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad