Player Discussion: Brock Boeser | III | Our Boy in College

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.

giphy.gif

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Shouldn't Canuck fans on Hockeysfuture be "pumping Benning's tires" a little more?

Shouldn't Canuck fans on Hockeysfuture be "pumping Benning's tires" a little more?

Say what you will about Benning and some of his signings (i.e. Miller, Sbisa, Dorsett, Sutter, etc.......the signings that the anti-Benning crowd vehemently despise), but Boeser and Demko look like absolute gems.

Time will tell obviously if it actually translates to the NHL level, but why aren't more posters giving Benning credit where credit is due?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Say what you will about Benning and some of his signings (i.e. Miller, Sbisa, Dorsett, Sutter, etc.......the signings that the anti-Benning crowd vehemently despise), but Boeser and Demko look like absolute gems.

Time will tell obviously if it actually translates to the NHL level, but why aren't more posters giving Benning credit where credit is due?
Sam old same old

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

most "anti-benning" people (myself included) do give him a ton of credit for the boeser and demko picks.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
How much more credit can we give the Boeser/Demko picks? A ton of us think they're going to be absolute stud first liners/future starters.

We're not pumping Benning's tires specifically because the godawful trainwreck moves combined with these types of home runs result in an overall mixed reaction (with the negatives overwhelming the positives right now because they're guaranteed negatives and Benning is directly to blame because they make no sense, whereas the draft picks are still just hopefuls that are tracking exceedingly well and could possibly be attributed to other things-- We simply don't know).

Last edited:

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Boeser has a great shot but I was most impressed with his ability to make plays down the stretch and in the playoffs when teams were focused on taking away his shot.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
The way Boeser developed really made me realize that I want a Matthew to get him the puck instead of having another winger in the Finnish duo. I want us to get 1 or 4th for Dubois, but of course I'll be happy with 2-3 too.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Hopefully Vancouver doesn't sign him.

It would be way more beneficial to stay one more year and have Tyson Jost as his linemate and develop with some elite talent

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
The way Boeser developed really made me realize that I want a Matthew to get him the puck instead of having another winger in the Finnish duo. I want us to get 1 or 4th for Dubois, but of course I'll be happy with 2-3 too.

McCann can feed him the puck

particularsolution

Mar 17, 2009
From John Shannon:

JSportsnet: Interesting to note that Jim Benning did not meet with Brock Boesser after North Dakota's win last night. Benning has returned to Vancouver.

JSportsnet: Told by a Canuck source:"Boesser just finished his freshman year, so unless he tells us he wants to come out he will go back next year."

particularsolution

Mar 17, 2009
Doesn't make much sense. He's 3rd in overall points and 5th in points/game in the entire NCAA. What's left to prove? Should be in the AHL/NHL next year. Delaying signing also further exposes you to the risk he walks for nothing (although probably low in this case, can't see him sticking around long enough in college for that to happen).

Funny that this management team watched Virtanen's very mediocre D+1 season and felt he needed to be forced into the lineup, but can't come to the same conclusion with Boeser's much, much more impressive season.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
If Jimbo has gone back to Vancouver without having tendered an offer to Boeser, what does that say about our odds of signing Stecher and Caggiula? Not meaning to chicken little here, but now I'm curious.

EDIT: Welllllllllllllllll Stecher and the NoDak boys were busy with what appears to be a legendary bender after the game. Maybe it's nothing worth speculating about. :laugh:

Last edited:

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Would love to see him in the AHL, but this ok too, most high end prospects play two years in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad