Player Discussion: Brock Boeser | III | Our Boy in College

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
It needs to be acknowledged but Boeser is sole record holder of most goals by freshman on UND, previously held by Zach Parise.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
It's even more amazing when you know that this kid is doing this against grown men up to 24 years old. He is going to be VERY special. He's not going to be another Hodgson or Schroeder. He's got that special something.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
His post draft season was incredible though.

Yes and no. It was quite good but a bit overrated in hindsight. Had a 1.74 PPG which isn't overly high for D+1, plus feasted on PP with Duchene and Grachev. A guy like Dal Colle destroyed that in his D+1 and garnered none of the accolades. Probably a function of a weak year in O plus his "intangibles (leadership, faceoffs, hard worker, etc). Not as good as it was made out to be I think (in hindsight).

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
It needs to be acknowledged but Boeser is sole record holder of most goals by freshman on UND, previously held by Zach Parise.

Nope. Troy Murray had 33 in 38 games in 1980-81.

read what I wrote again.

I believe in the NCHC

Huh? Anyway you cut it, what you said doesn't make sense. The NCHC began in 2013. Parise never played in the NCHC because it never existed when he was in College (2002-2004). North Dakota at that time was in the WCHA.

Boeser's season > Hodgson.
Short memories. Boeser's season is without a doubt impressive but i think you guys are forgetting just how great Hodgson's draft+1 was and the hype around him that year. Hodgson was CHL player of the year, won all awards imaginable in the OHL, played a huge role in Team Canada Gold at the WJC.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Yes and no. It was quite good but a bit overrated in hindsight. Had a 1.74 PPG which isn't overly high for D+1, plus feasted on PP with Duchene and Grachev. A guy like Dal Colle destroyed that in his D+1 and garnered none of the accolades. Probably a function of a weak year in O plus his "intangibles (leadership, faceoffs, hard worker, etc). Not as good as it was made out to be I think (in hindsight).
Much thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad