GWT: PL Matchweek Catch-Up into (mostly) MW18 & MW19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
As much as people will say the second goal means the absurd no-call on the first doesn't matter as much, the defender was only scrambling to get back because Villa had pushed further up the field to get an equalizer. Without that, they've got an extra body or two in the box.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Alright.
Pogba: Joined Le Havre from Torcy in July 2007. Left for Man United in July 2009. Total time: 2 years.
Kane: Joined Arsenal in 2001, left in 2002. Total Time: 1 year.
Mahrez: Joined Le Havre from Quimper, where he made 27 appearances with their senior team, scoring a goal.
E. Mendy: Joined Le Havre at the age of 13, in 2005. He stayed there one season before leaving to join a lower level team, CS Municipaux Le Havre, where he stayed for 5 seasons, before joining Cherbourg. Total time: 1 year.
F. Mendy: I will correct myself, I meant he spent two years in Le Havre's youth academy before graduating, a la Bellerin at Arsenal. Joined the youth academy in 2013 and graduated in 2015. He spent the vast majority of his youth career at PSG, a la Bellerin at Barcelona.

Anything else you need me to do for you?

Like I said, happy to discuss. Pogba to Gnabry are similar levels, at least over the last couple years. Mahrez joined as a young senior player, so let's compare to Fabregas or RvP. E. Mendy was there one year before dropping to a lower level. Just like Kane. I'll take Kane. F. Mendy compares to Bellerin or Szczesny. Then it's B. Mendy and Payet vs Saka, ESR, Nketiah, Nelson, AMN, Willock, Iwobi, etc.
Again, you're wrong.
I already told you about E. Mendy so no need to repeat.
Mahrez joined in 2010 and left in 2014. Any way you sliced it, that's 4 years.
Ferland Mendy spent 4 years in Le Havre.

So rather than using the Kane at 9 year old or Van Perie as a 21 year old pro (3 pro seasons under his belt in fact), you should get a better look at those players and realize all of them are vastly superior to most of what Arsenal has REALLY produced.

Also why compare with players who are not even active? Did I bring Lassana Diarra?
Why bring up youngsters with 10 games uner their belt? Did I bring up Pape Gueye?

I used a time frame that is quite simple : those players I named were all world class or close to world class at some point in their career. All are internationals playing for the biggest teams in the world. Pogba, Mahrez, Mendy x3, Mandanda, Payet.
Even if you want to count Gnabry, that's FAR from enough.

It's OK, you mocked me before even realizing what you were talking about (Le Havre academy). It's OK, it's not the first time you do it. You don't have to know where those guys come from, it's fine.
Just next time do some research before mocking me because I thought the all mighty Arsenal.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Getting ahead here

7E0248A2-72D2-4367-A9B6-AEC33D5FC58F.jpeg

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Aston Villa is legit. They will be in the mix for European games until the end of the season. Game said more about them then it said about City.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
You guys love me. I am very flattered.
I didn’t watch today. Can’t comment. Apparently someone was offsides but Mings played it on? But I don’t know, didn’t watch. Just heard Villa looked great from a friend who supports City

lol I didnt' see it either. just saw twitter go nuts.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I didn’t watch today. Can’t comment. Apparently someone was offsides but Mings played it on? But I don’t know, didn’t watch. Just heard Villa looked great from a friend who supports City
Basically Rodri was offside and came back to take the ball off Mings.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Rodri was offside (literally 30 yards offside). City midfielder headed it back towards the Villa side (basically as a clearance). Goes to Mings and he takes it on his head. Before the ball even touches the ground Rodri was challenging Mings for it but the officials magically decided that because Mings touched the ball it was a difference phase and it can't be offside.

Reactions: Blender

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Post game show making the obvious point. If it's a new phase when the defender touches it, just stand offside, wait for the defender to do anything, and challenge him as soon as he does but before he has proper control of the ball.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Dean Smith with a good interview. Called it pathetic numerous times.

He'll probably get fined for saying that other managers wouldn't get sent off, but if what he said was accurate, it's pretty pathetic to get sent off for it.

I can understand the yellow, but to get a straight red for saying "maybe you should have applied the rules of the game earlier" is peak Jon Moss.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Rodri was offside (literally 30 yards offside). City midfielder headed it back towards the Villa side (basically as a clearance). Goes to Mings and he takes it on his head. Before the ball even touches the ground Rodri was challenging Mings for it but the officials magically decided that because Mings touched the ball it was a difference phase and it can't be offside.
VAR has been so terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad