GWT: PL Matchweek Catch-Up into (mostly) MW18 & MW19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It's always risky in the Premier League to try to build a team around players coming from abroad, especially young players, as all but a select few of them need a season to find their footing. I think getting Werner and Havertz was somewhat of a poisoned chalice for Lampard.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Maybe three or four Leicester players start for Chelsea. Rodgers is simply better than Lampard.

Robbie Mustoe said after the match that 2 Chelsea players would start for Leicester. He said the owner has to be thinking, "They've just got better players than we do"

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Why does everyone say this when talking about Leicester? They are just as good as a lot of teams player to player.

Schmeichel
Castagne Fofana Silva Chillwell
Ndidi
Hudson-Odoi Tielemans Maddison Barnes
Vardy

That's the best 11 of the two teams who started today and most of them are from Leicester.
Look, I'm a huge fan of Leicester's squad and watch them every game and have been talking them up for years, but you've left off some really talented players from Chelsea.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
A sqaud is more than 11 players. After Vardy no real goal scoring options better than Chelski. They have a kid and Evans at CB. Chelsea spent 200 million if they dont get a proper CB thats on them.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
A sqaud is more than 11 players. After Vardy no real goal scoring options better than Chelski. They have a kid and Evans at CB. Chelsea spent 200 million if they dont get a proper CB thats on them.
If you look at Chelsea, how many players can you even say are performing to expectations, or exceeding expectations? Lampard isn't getting enough out of this squad.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I recall at the beginning of the season saying that Frank's job was in jeopardy if they didn't improve with their outlay and got a bunch of pushback from the Chelsea contingent. Seems everyone has come around. I mean, they had only 3 more points at this stage last season, so it's not like they're a million miles off. It's just that they've gotten absolutely zero return for spending a mint.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If you look at Chelsea, how many players can you even say are performing to expectations, or exceeding expectations? Lampard isn't getting enough out of this squad.
Oh I agree the players like Werner deserve a lot of blame but Lampard isnt good enough so far.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Crazy how quickly things have changed this season. Arsenal now only 2 points back of Chelsea with a game in hand.

With the schedule and covid I wouldn't be surprised if we have some more wild turn in the second half.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I recall at the beginning of the season saying that Frank's job was in jeopardy if they didn't improve with their outlay and got a bunch of pushback from the Chelsea contingent. Seems everyone has come around. I mean, they had only 3 more points at this stage last season, so it's not like they're a million miles off. It's just that they've gotten absolutely zero return for spending a mint.
I don't know if it was from you specifically, but some of the talk before the season was essentially "title or bust" which I don't think was realistic. Most Chelsea fans on this board expect a top 4 finish and to have shown some improvement in play to build towards a title run later. The issue right now is that we're way down the table and have actually regressed on the pitch, regardless of points.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I don't know if it was from you specifically, but some of the talk before the season was essentially "title or bust" which I don't think was realistic. Most Chelsea fans on this board expect a top 4 finish and to have shown some improvement in play to build towards a title run later. The issue right now is that we're way down the table and have actually regressed on the pitch, regardless of points.
I said top 3.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Starting 11 I'd like to see for Chelsea next game is:

Mendy
Azpilicueta - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell
Gilmour
Kante - Mount
Ziyech - Giroud - Hudson-Odoi

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Really?

I mean, Vardy is much more proven than anything that showed up tonight for Chelsea. Clearly the back line of Chelsea is finding itself (and they’re not helped by crappy tactics) to be generous. I do know that the midfield of Chelsea without a form Kante is getting run by what Leicester put out there.

sure, on paper Chelsea have more talent. But some of it doesn’t know what they’re doing, don’t know what position they’re playing and don’t fit what they want to do. Throw that in with an inexperienced manager who has never struggled, and they’re where they are. Leicester knows how they want to play, and how players fit. Can’t say that about the club from London.
I think they'r pretty similar level teams, but on paper Chelsea should consistently be the better performers. This game just showed that Rodgers is levels above Lampard and is able to execute a plan that is effective with the players he has.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think they'r pretty similar level teams, but on paper Chelsea should consistently be the better performers. This game just showed that Rodgers is levels above Lampard and is able to execute a plan that is effective with the players he has.

I don’t think Rodgers is that great either, he just knows his style and has gotten a lot of transfers right. It’s just more a reality that Lampard is in over his head.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don’t think Rodgers is that great either, he just knows his style and has gotten a lot of transfers right. It’s just more a reality that Lampard is in over his head.
I didn't say Rodgers is great. I said he's levels above Lampard which is clearly the case.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Look, I'm a huge fan of Leicester's squad and watch them every game and have been talking them up for years, but you've left off some really talented players from Chelsea.

Like who? And I was talking about just the starting 11 of today's game, Chelsea has the superior depth but Leicester is pretty good too with Soyuncu, Pereira and Under on the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad