GWT: PL Matchweek Catch-Up into (mostly) MW18 & MW19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah I'm still baffled by that one. There were 5 seconds left on the clock and that kind of ball into a chance is usually allowed to play out.
I’m not going to cry conspiracy theory but I am going to say he is a lousy Ref.

I am also going to say that all the highlight packages I have seen have deleted the replay of that, and no one is talking about it.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think we'll get the offense going again soon. The trouble is that City are gearing up to that shit where they don't lose for six months. You can sit it coming.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think we'll get the offense going again soon. The trouble is that City are gearing up to that shit where they don't lose for six months. You can sit it coming.
Absolutely. This season is almost like 13-14 all over again. Man Utd are like the Rodgers LFC team that overachieved ahead of schedule and Man City are waiting in the wings with their games in hand.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Absolutely. This season is almost like 13-14 all over again. Man Utd are like the Rodgers LFC team that overachieved ahead of schedule and Man City are waiting in the wings with their games in hand.
Oh shit, that makes us Chelsea.

755M.gif

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The league might be a tall order without Virgil (not counting us out but it's gonna be a fight) but I think we're honestly right there in the Champions League.

We can still beat anybody on any given day and the small sample is going to be better for a team with injuries. It's also a bit of a clean slate mentally.

Reactions: robertmac43

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The league might be a tall order without Virgil (not counting us out but it's gonna be a fight) but I think we're honestly right there in the Champions League.

We can still beat anybody on any given day and the small sample is going to be better for a team with injuries. It's also a bit of a clean slate mentally.
I mean this is going to come down to another league that we should have won but it’s the most digestible. LFC should have won in 08/09, 13/14, 18/19 and obviously 19/20. I’m kind of at peace with this being a lost season with all the injuries. The third title challenging season in a row is always the toughest and this season everything has gone wrong. It is what it is.

I don’t think there is any silverware LFC has a chance at if they can’t start scoring. They need to make moves in January to save their season. We haven’t scored since Boxing Day.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean this is going to come down to another league that we should have won but it’s the most digestible. LFC should have won in 08/09, 13/14, 18/19 and obviously 19/20. I’m kind of at peace with this being a lost season with all the injuries. The third title challenging season in a row is always the toughest and this season everything has gone wrong. It is what it is.

I don’t think there is any silverware LFC has a chance at if they can’t start scoring. They need to make moves in January to save their season. We haven’t scored since Boxing Day.
Oh yeah, we definitely need to get the offense going.

But the thing about the CL is that you can steal it. It's more accessible to a team that has overwhelming injuries with the sample size. And we don't actually play there for awhile so maybe we'll be cooking by then. I saw good signs today versus the West Brom or Southampton matches that were just impossible to watch.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oh yeah, we definitely need to get the offense going.

But the thing about the CL is that you can steal it. It's more accessible to a team that has overwhelming injuries with the sample size. And we don't actually play there for awhile so maybe we'll be cooking by then. I saw good signs today versus the West Brom or Southampton matches that were just impossible to watch.
I am more encouraged that RBL isn’t exactly lighting it up right now either. LFC might not be flatlined but they are close.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I missed today’s match to get a dog. My record of usually missing catastrophic or uneventful matches continues.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The one that's gonna keep me up is that Firmino shot. He had Robertson to his left with so much grass ahead of him he could have run to Goodison.

That's gripping your stick a little too tight as they say in hockey.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I can live with his constant manipulation of situations, diving and lack of pace, but really hope we will sell this lying "#%"#"% come summer.

Kane insists players and NOT Jose responsible for Spurs' defensive tactics

“It’s never been the manager saying that [we should sit back], it’s been us on the pitch having a mentality where we want to drop and hold on to the win.
“The most important thing is us as players to go and take responsibility, and we did that today."

What is next? Harry Kane for Prime Minister?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
She is a beagle/Jack Russell terrier mix named Lola

My friends just got a Border Collie named Lucky and the next day I was walking with them and as we were approaching a guy with an almost identical Border Collie, his dog perked up it's head and started to approach us, so he called it back: "Lucky, c'mere!" and I was like WHAT and as we walked passed and my friend's dog was lingering my friend said "Lucky, come on, boy" and the other guy was like WHAT

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
My friends just got a Border Collie named Lucky and the next day I was walking with them and as we were approaching a guy with an almost identical Border Collie, his dog perked up it's head and started to approach us, so he called it back: "Lucky, c'mere!" and I was like WHAT and as we walked passed and my friend's dog was lingering my friend said "Lucky, come on, boy" and the other guy was like WHAT
We think we chose a unique name - haven’t run into any other Lolas yet :D

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
One of those double important games for me today. Arsenal winning is great in it's own right but it also improves Brighton's situation. So please and thank you, win this game Gunners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad