GWT: PL Matchweek Catch-Up into (mostly) MW18 & MW19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
What beautiful combination play. Gonna be close on VAR. Looks good. Nice for Auba to get a brace. Hopefully this sets him on his path

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Smith-Rowe is an old-school number 10, a playmaker between the lines. He initiates combination play around him which is conducive to breaking down low blocks. Amazing off ball movement as well.

Brilliant game from Partey as well. So, so good.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Right so he should rush a young player that has a history of injuries and no pre season right into the 1st team.
Rush? If he was healthy he could have made some sub appearances earlier, especially with how he's performed.

Gilmour got back to making appearances quicker than Smith-Rowe did despite having a serious knee injury compared with a shoulder injury, so I'm going to assume it was more of a tactical decision than a fitness one.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Rush? If he was healthy he could have made some sub appearances earlier, especially with how he's performed.

Gilmour got back to making appearances quicker than Smith-Rowe did despite having a serious knee injury compared with a shoulder injury, so I'm going to assume it was more of a tactical decision than a fitness one.

He got some appearances in the Europa League and was worked in slowly. He's had several miscellaneous injuries throughout the years so it's right to be cautious on his fitness.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
It's January 18th lol. Thats more than enough time to work him in.

Right. All this coming from people that never even heard of ESR before this month.

I mean the point I guess is Arteta was dumb for not playing him earlier but is also making a smart tactical decision to play him now but Arteta is still dumb?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am seriously late, but I got caught up with all the matches from the last two weeks...and the biggest WTF moment is can seriously some one please tell me how West Brom's third goal was a penalty against Wolves? There is contact between each player, but that has to be one of the weakest penalties I've ever seen in my life to date (and no that is not a hyperbole).

Also that Ndombele goal was simply sensational, we spent 80 million on a bloke who looks like he's high in half of the matches when we could've had him. Just piss-poor man management there. Can you lot picture a Gunner midfield of ESR, Nombele, and Partey? That's CL title contenders easily.
Mount has been very good today to be fair
To be fair, I think Mount has been one of the most consistent EPL players thus far this season in the entire league. He's seriously becoming an Aaron Ramsey clone.

Arteta needs to start playing Martinelli over Lacazette. Martinelli is more intense and direct in his actions than Aubameyang on the left and Auba, the best goalscorer, can play closer to goal
I don't know what coach decided to think it was a good idea to put Lacazette as a #9 during his youth years. He plays the game like a BXB, just look at - I believe - Saka's goal where he's next to Xhaka in the midfield of the pitch while Smith-Rowe and Saka are running at the Magpies defence. He loves tracking back to the point that maybe we should just play him as a false nine? :dunno:

- Also people seriously underrated Partey on this board, the bloke is effin' amazing and worth every penny. I don't think he's a destroyer by any means, but he's like what Xhaka should've been. Can play at both ends of the pitch and has seriously good long ball passes and tackling skills. Definitely a Yaya Toure-lite impactful player.

- What can you say about ESR? He's been unbelievable and thinking he's just twenty blows my mind. His play on the Saka goal was Xavi-esque, putting that bloke in a hypnotic trance going back and forth in his blind spot shows all the signs of a world class footballer in the making.

- Being next to Thomas and Emile, you can tell that Xhaka doesn't really belong on this club and it was even more apparent when El Neny and Willian came on the pitch as well (all three way below where Arsenal should be at).

- Tierney might not be the most talented, but you can make a great argument that he's the most important on the Arsenal. You can tell the level of potency that Arsenal are with him in the line up versus when he isn't (e.g. Crystal Palace).

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad