GWT: PL Matchweek Catch-Up into (mostly) MW18 & MW19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We'll get into the top 4. We haven't scored since Paul Ince was on the team and we still have the most goals in the league. The offense will heat up again.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I have to disagree with Keane, Pogba had no time nor space to go across the goalie due Fabinho's block. He had to shoot near side. Now if he could have gotten more height on the shot...

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Could have won that, Pogba and Bruno had the two best chances. A point is still a decent result though.

Shaw and Lindelof were excellent. Bruno and Rashford didn't play well.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Henderson thought Liverpool were the better team... :laugh:

I think he's generally right. United had two quality chances and one nearly perfect FK. Liverpool had a good number of half chances.

They didn't dominate or anything, but on average they were likely a bit better.

Ah I think theyre in unless a total collapse happens.

I definitely think they'll make it, but it's not as crazy to they'll miss the CL now as it would have been in September.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Henderson thought Liverpool were the better team... :laugh:
I think Liverpool were the best team for the majority of the game but United had the best ten minute stretch. Hard to saw a draw wasn’t the right result today.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Our front three is a bit stale and he really added exactly what they needed.

Friendly reminder that he got hurt playing in essentially a friendly.
He did, and he was rested the PL game before because he was always going to play that game. Really annoying

Reactions: Machinehead

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Draw was definitely the fairest result. Pogba looked good on the defensive side and put in a good shift, but was very off in his passing today. Bruno and Rashford looked beat and it showed, they were just a little off today.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
But that's what my eyes say. Bruno and Pogba had by far the best scoring chances in the game.

Also xG was pretty much even:

Liverpool 0 - 0 Manchester United (January 17 2021) | EPL | 2020/2021 | xG | Understat.com
Yes, United had the two best chances. And Liverpool had virtually every other look.

A draw was probably fair but it's hardly laughable to suggest Liverpool were better. The second half always sticks in the mind but United barely looked at the ball in the first half.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I mean Paul Tierney ruined LFC’s best chance of the game when he blew the whistle early before halftime. Mane had them dead to rights.
Yeah I'm still baffled by that one. There were 5 seconds left on the clock and that kind of ball into a chance is usually allowed to play out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad