GWT: PL Matchweek 10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Arteta shouldn't be allowed to have new anything. At this rate he shouldn't make it to January. Their squad isn't great, but come on. 14th place.

Reactions: AB13

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I didn't say it is only a development league, just said that it's a good development league. I think L1 is clearly the 5th best league in Europe, so it's just a product of that for many players to either go there earlier in their career and move on in their prime or end of their prime (i.e. late twenties to earlier thirties), or to have started there and to move on in their prime. Especially when L1 has such a massive gap between their best team and the next teams below it in stature and wage structure.
Not really. Not more massive than in the other leagues.
What L1 needs is quality coaches. We have very few, french of foreigners. Or to correct myself, we have some good ones, but all are in the youth coaching ranks and never given a shot at the biggest jobs because the mentality here is lame when it comes to innovative coaching.
This year, it seems to change with Brest and Lens playing some nice football with progressist coaching.
But as long as you have former players with zero coaching ability like Vieira, proven failures like Villas Boas or Garcia taking the biggest jobs in France, we can't move up the league rankings.
I absolutely believe than in terms of player's quality, L1 is much more than 5th.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not really. Not more massive than in the other leagues.
What L1 needs is quality coaches. We have very few, french of foreigners. Or to correct myself, we have some good ones, but all are in the youth coaching ranks and never given a shot at the biggest jobs because the mentality here is lame when it comes to innovative coaching.
This year, it seems to change with Brest and Lens playing some nice football with progressist coaching.
But as long as you have former players with zero coaching ability like Vieira, proven failures like Villas Boas or Garcia taking the biggest jobs in France, we can't move up the league rankings.
I absolutely believe than in terms of player's quality, L1 is much more than 5th.
PSG has the highest reported payroll in France at £289 million, which is similar to all the top wage clubs in Europe (Barca, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea Bayrern Munich, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Juventus). The 2nd highest in L1 is Monaco which is reported to be £114 million, which is comparable to Leicester City and Crystal Palace. Serie A is the other league with a similar gap, but it is still smaller.

Reactions: koyvoo

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arteta is among the top 5 worst managers in Premier League history. I don’t think that is a stretch.

Reactions: King Makar19

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Ferguson and Wenger did not have overly systematic approaches yet they are maybe the two best managers ever. The biggest overacheivers this season, Villa and Everton, rely a lot on natural dynamics and letting the players play freely. Football can be simple. Stop overcomplicating things with restrictive patterns of play that you make the players stick to Mikel!
Well the thing with SAF is that he made sure to get versatile players so he didn’t pigeon hole himself into playing one way. *cough cough Pep.

Reactions: AB13

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
If Arsenal were smart, they’d go after the coach who is managing their opponents today.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Weren't you the one that also said Sheffield United was more TALENTED than Arsenal?

And how many trophies has Ole won in England as a manager?
Have you not seen my multiple posts talking about how I’m not surprised Sheffield is doing far worse than everyone expected this year?

I mean the FA cup is more than Ole has done that’s valid. But other than that Arteta has looked horrific at Arsenal. I mean 14th? Lol

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Emery is currently a point off 1st in La liga. Yeah he wasnt good enough for big teams but maybe just maybe Arsenal are crap?

Maybe having the kit man giving speeches to the team works better in Spain. Also the fact he couldn't communicate well at Arsenal also has something to do with it.

Have you not seen my multiple posts talking about how I’m not surprised Sheffield is doing far worse than everyone expected this year?

I mean the FA cup is more than Ole has done that’s valid. But other than that Arteta has looked horrific at Arsenal. I mean 14th? Lol

Man U has a grand total of ONE more win than Arsenal.

And amazing you are trying to still justify that Sheff Utd is more talented.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arsenal have looed dreadfully poor this year I'm not blind to that. I have been willing to give Arteta extra time because of the circumstances of the last year which I think is fair. That patience is starting to run out.

Also before a flock of United fans come at me for my last comment about the trophy cabinet. It's in jest. Third place is an accomplishment, especially when you have Maguire as your main CB ;)

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Maybe having the kit man giving speeches to the team works better in Spain. Also the fact he couldn't communicate well at Arsenal also has something to do with it.

Man U has a grand total of ONE more win than Arsenal.

And amazing you are trying to still justify that Sheff Utd is more talented.
Where the f*** have I said that? I’ve literally never said Sheffield is more talented than Arsenal.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Arsenal have looed dreadfully poor this year I'm not blind to that. I have been willing to give Arteta extra time because of the circumstances of the last year which I think is fair. That patience is starting to run out.

Also before a flock of United fans come at me for my last comment about the trophy cabinet. It's in jest. Third place is an accomplishment, especially when you have Maguire as your main CB ;)
Maguire would still be arguably your best defender :dunno:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I’ll take 5 points off 1st with a game in hand instead of a team very clearly trending down after a cup win.
Cup win was fun, gave us something to celebrate. Don't think either United or Arsenal will have much to celebrate when this season is all said and done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad