GWT: PL Matchweek 10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Holy smokes. Moutinho is the 2nd highest all time capped Portuguese international? Makes sense, but still somewhat surprising.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Holy f*** I just watched it. I have the LOTR soundtrack on fairly loudly on my computer and I could still f***ing hear that. Really really really hoping both are alright in the long run

Reactions: robertmac43

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Not to wade too deep into the concussion protocol thing, because at the core I agree with what's being said, but in this case the lengthy stoppage at least presumably gave the doctors a longer time to evaluate Luiz. It's not one of those cases where they want to get the guy back into the game asap and give the guy a wave and send him on his way.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Great cross and nobody picked up Gabriel

Edit-
Actually they were all over him. Lol. He did really well there.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This rubbish finished 8th last season, why are we playing the same rubbish that is at best 8th place? Luiz inability to play in a back four is just insanity as well, he's so effin' bad at it and keeps chasing players leaving others open. His youth coaches did a terrible job with him.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Ferguson and Wenger did not have overly systematic approaches yet they are maybe the two best managers ever. The biggest overacheivers this season, Villa and Everton, rely a lot on natural dynamics and letting the players play freely. Football can be simple. Stop overcomplicating things with restrictive patterns of play that you make the players stick to Mikel!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Someone needs to be clearing the rebounds..
I was going to blame Leno, but it clearly went off of Bellerin's back and changed the direction on that rebound. The defenders aren't picking up opposing players, but I gotta give credit to Wolves there because that was brilliant pick up by Podence and fantastic three-sixty by Adama to pretty much destroy the entire midfield by one pass. The entire Arsenal team making it so easy for them though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I was going to blame Leno, but it clearly went off of Bellerin's back and changed the direction on that rebound. The defenders aren't picking up opposing players, but I gotta give credit to Wolves there because that was brilliant pick up by Podence and fantastic three-sixty by Adama to pretty much destroy the entire midfield by one pass.
The skill was nice by Podence, but there cannot be 5 guys standing still in the box...again.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's a good development league and has been for a long time.
That's a mistake though.
You think of Thiago Silva, Edouard Mendy, Cesar Azpilicueta (didn't start today, but often does), Serge Aurier, Hugo Lloris, Moussa Sissoko, Ngolo Kante, Tanguy Ndombele, and Kurt Zouma or prospects who played until age 21 in France?
That's nor what happens. Plenty of those played during their prime in France. Kante exploded in the EPL, but was known quality in France (no, we're not going down that road again), Silva spent his best years here, Mendy is 28 and just signed, Aurier spent his best years with PSG, Lloris reached the CL semis with Lyon, etc...
Zouma was young when he signed. Ndombele too, but he was huge with Lyon already. Those I give you.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And among the 6 subs :
Giroud had his wonder year in France. He lead an average side to the L1 title.
Lo Celso was never given much of a chance with PSG.
Lucas was never really good enough.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That's a mistake though.
You think of Thiago Silva, Edouard Mendy, Cesar Azpilicueta (didn't start today, but often does), Serge Aurier, Hugo Lloris, Moussa Sissoko, Ngolo Kante, Tanguy Ndombele, and Kurt Zouma or prospects who played until age 21 in France?
That's nor what happens. Plenty of those played during their prime in France. Kante exploded in the EPL, but was known quality in France (no, we're not going down that road again), Silva spent his best years here, Mendy is 28 and just signed, Aurier spent his best years with PSG, Lloris reached the CL semis with Lyon, etc...
Zouma was young when he signed. Ndombele too, but he was huge with Lyon already. Those I give you.
I didn't say it is only a development league, just said that it's a good development league. I think L1 is clearly the 5th best league in Europe, so it's just a product of that for many players to either go there earlier in their career and move on in their prime or end of their prime (i.e. late twenties to earlier thirties), or to have started there and to move on in their prime. Especially when L1 has such a massive gap between their best team and the next teams below it in stature and wage structure.

Reactions: Peen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad