GWT: PL Matchweek 10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
With Auba and Lacazette they should have more than 10 goals in 10 league games. Clearly the team is underperforming and Arteta needs to take some of the blame. Only the bottom four have scored less than them.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Maguire would still be arguably your best defender :dunno:

Gabriel is better, and probably Saliba too but we can’t see that because our psycopath manager refuses to use any Emery signings because of stubborness. Pepe never starts, Torreira exiled and loaned out despite being our best midfielder last season, Guendouzi loaned out, Sokratis never plays, etc.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Maybe having the kit man giving speeches to the team works better in Spain. Also the fact he couldn't communicate well at Arsenal also has something to do with it.
Maybe signing rejects that rivals didnt want wasnt such a good idea? Maybe having 2 midfielders with the turning radius of an 18 wheeler wasnt a good idea?

Reactions: robertmac43

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Gabriel is better, and probably Saliba too but we can’t see that because our psycopath manager refuses to use any Emery signings because of stubborness. Pepe never starts, Torreira exiled and loaned out despite being our best midfielder last season, Guendouzi loaned out, Sokratis never plays, etc.
Amazing

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I probably sound like a broken record at this point; Arteta can you play Nelson ahead of Willian.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
What he’s done at Wolves over the past 3-4 years is remarkable

Not really. Backed hugely with class players in the transfer market, yet his team plays a dull, boring defensive style. I would never like a defensive manager at Arsenal, I simply couldn't stand that. The results have been good for Nuno but Rodgers, Hassenhuttl, Bielsa or even Potter are doing better jobs with small clubs I think.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Will be interesting to see where Hassenhuttl goes next. Could see him doing like Pochettino at a club like Arsenal - if he was given the license to clean things out completely.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Nuno has done well, but he needs to show he can manage a team that can play in more than just one way.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Not really. Backed hugely with class players in the transfer market, yet his team plays a dull, boring defensive style. I would never like a defensive manager at Arsenal, I simply couldn't stand that. The results have been good for Nuno but Rodgers, Hassenhuttl, Bielsa or even Potter are doing better jobs with small clubs I think.
The results have been much better than decent. What exactly would the threshold for success be after promotion? They’ve had fantastic finishes. He may be a pragmatist first, but he is an opportunist and lets his horses go, when he deems fit. This team has scored some great goals since promotion. The first half of this game being the most recent example of him encouraging attacking play when he’s the sees the opportunity for it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The results have been much better than decent. What exactly would the threshold for success be after promotion?
For sure. When you get up the first couple years the goal is survive. If you are able to do that than maybe you get the chance to build something.

Getting to Europe is insanely good work.

Reactions: koyvoo

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bellerin is the worst player on the pitch by far, keeps getting outpaced constantly by Neto. That Willian sub makes no sense, he was the only one providing good enough crosses in the box.
As a United fan I hope you keep Arteta as long as possible.
You can't keep your trigger finger happy and turn into the Sabres. Arteta probably sucks, but you gotta have faith until the point we're in the relegation zone. Plus aiming at the manager for all the problems is such a piss-poor excuse.
but maybe just maybe Arsenal are crap?
I mean we finished 8th last year for a reason and majority of those players are currently losing to Wolves right now so maybe you're onto something!

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
The results have been much better than decent. What exactly would the threshold for success be after promotion? They’ve had fantastic finishes. He may be a pragmatist first, but he is an opportunist and lets his horses go, when he deems fit. This team has scored some great goals since promotion. The first half of this game being the most recent example of him encouraging attacking play when he’s the sees the opportunity for it.

With the huge amounts of money they have spent, the results have been good but nowhere near exceptional. My main issue is his pragmatic style of play. A high pressing, offensive style would suit a top team with our players a lot better.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bellerin is the worst player on the pitch by far, keeps getting outpaced constantly by Neto. That Willian sub makes no sense, he was the only one providing good enough crosses in the box.
Ceballos was the worse player for me, so many stray passes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad