GWT: PL Matchweek 10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

think we were a bit unfortunate to not grab one. werner's offside goal, lloris big save on mount, and not being able to get the better of one of the crosses were the ones that stick out.

oh well

Reactions: Blender

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Højbjerg summarised that well. Should have been slightly better with the ball. Excellently organised defensively though.

Sissoko. Man. What an effort. I wish he was 5 years younger. Mourinho is making a defensive beast out of him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Højbjerg summarised that well. Should have been slightly better with the ball. Excellently organised defensively though.

Sissoko. Man. What an effort. I wish he was 5 years younger. Mourinho is making a defensive beast out of him.
Sissoko is is match made in heaven for Mou.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Sissoko is is match made in heaven for Mou.

Really impressed with how Sissoko has developed tactically under Mourinho. He always had the energy, but now he is using it so much more effectively. Still useless in possession though - unfortunately. No team is perfect, but it is hurting Spurs in possession with Sissoko and Højbjerg centrally. Not much happening.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Both managers were driven primarily by a desire to not get caught out. I think it's a much better result for Spurs though.

Spurs know they got a fixture list from hell from City until about 2021. They just got to stay somewhere close to at least top 4 when 2021 comes. Not losing gets you there - and obviously beating City helps massively.

Arsenal is always tough for Spurs. CP away isn't easy. Liverpool is obviously extremely difficult - even with the injuries. Leicester love to counter attack on Spurs. Wolves are not as good as last season, but still a very difficult away game. Add City and Chelsea and Spurs could have easily ended up with only a handful of points from those games - even playing well. Now they already got 4. And looked very solid defensively. Must it last.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Some notes:

Fair result.

Ndombele looks better and better every week.

Rodon needs to work on his decisionmaking a bit, otherwise I was impressed. I'd hate to try reaching the end of a cross against him and Dier.

Kane and Son were both very wasteful on the ball.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Wolves were playing really well, and not to diminish any possible injury to Luiz, Jimenez looks messed up. Tough to keep up concentration after seeing that happen to a teammate.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Wolves were playing really well, and not to diminish any possible injury to Luiz, Jimenez looks messed up. Tough to keep up concentration after seeing that happen to a teammate.
Tough for everyone really. Hard to will yourself into a hard aerial challenge after seeing something like that.

Reactions: Rob

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Not watching because I'm currently writing - how bad did Jimenez look afterwards? I still occasionally am reminded of the Gary Cahill-Ryan Mason collision and get shivers.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
One of the worst I have ever seen :(

Really really hope it isn't as bad as this can be.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That was a brutal collision.

Not watching because I'm currently writing - how bad did Jimenez look afterwards? I still occasionally am reminded of the Gary Cahill-Ryan Mason collision and get shivers.
They carried him off the field, so he didn't look good.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Luiz should have been subbed off... Concussion spotter has to pull him there.

So strange in football. Still remember Lloris. You would have thought that would have changed things a bit, but I guess not.

Luiz looked completely fine, but I don't get why anyone would risk it.

Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad