GWT: PL Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I watched every single Chelsea game, I doubt you have. On what grounds are you claiming Kepa was one of the best goalies in the league last year? He certainly was not, he was average at best statistically and by the eye test.

He sales many shots he should not have. I am basing it on my eye test but you know more about Chelsea so I can concede you being right about Kepa. Agree to disagree, but he is not nearly as bad as you are saying.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Salah takes the penalties because he rockets them by the way. If he puts it on target they are literally impossible to stop because they'd just go through someone's hand. I can't explain why Milner takes them.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
That is true but I just think someone has to stand up for Kepa. He is a great goalie who had a bad run of form. Mendy is not proven at all and definately not highly valued by most clubs so I have a hard time thinking he is better.
I believe the system that would suit Kepa best is one where the opposition do not get any attempts on goal. Bilbao seemed to be decent at shot suppression so maybe he should go back. I don't see any team in the Champions or Europa league, taking him.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
How much is one of the top 4 going to have to pay for Lamptey in a few seasons? Maybe United could combine his abilities putting a ball in with AWB and have a complete package.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I believe the system that would suit Kepa best is one where the opposition do not get any attempts on goal. Bilbao seemed to be decent at shot suppression so maybe he should go back. I don't see any team in the Champions or Europa league, taking him.
Bilbao have a better keeper right now Soo doubt it

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Salah takes the penalties because he rockets them by the way. If he puts it on target they are literally impossible to stop because they'd just go through someone's hand. I can't explain why Milner takes them.
Milner does because he’s calm and assured. He was basically automatic for a while. I think it also eliminates any discussion of who does what on the pitch. You don’t have a Pogba situation. Fabinho has a pretty ridiculous record with them in France supposedly (I don’t know the stats).

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
How much is one of the top 4 going to have to pay for Lamptey in a few seasons? Maybe United could combine his abilities putting a ball in with AWB and have a complete package.
Keeps playing well and developing like he has, and it will be a lot. Look how much AWB went for, and he doesn't have the ball skills Lamptey does, but is obviously great defensively.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It’s now been over three years since Lallana has completed 90 mins in the Prem

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Milner does because he’s calm and assured. He was basically automatic for a while. I think it also eliminates any discussion of who does what on the pitch. You don’t have a Pogba situation. Fabinho has a pretty ridiculous record with them in France supposedly (I don’t know the stats).
Not just in France. 22/23.
Yes, I think Milner is shooting them or at least used to because Salah and Mane fought over one a while back.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Alonso is getting destroyed by a guy ten years younger and a foot shorter and he wonders why we wanted a new LB

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Alonso is getting destroyed by a guy ten years younger and a foot shorter and he wonders why we wanted a new LB
This is embarrassing at this point. They don't even look like they belong in the same league.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

This is a bit old, but it's interesting because it just shows what makes Fabinho a special PK taker : he's unpredictable. He just never shoots it the same way.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It’s now been over three years since Lallana has completed 90 mins in the Prem

The really bad part is that the last time he was healthy for a long time he was great. Liverpool wouldn’t have gotten in the Champions League or started this long run without him.

Reactions: koyvoo

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
no reason for Lamptey to not keep running at him..Alonso needs someone to double up with him as he can't do it on his own.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
At this point I'd rather risk Azpilicueta tham watch Alonso play the rest of this game

Reactions: Blender

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Brighton have the sexiest jerseys in the Premier League, second year in a row

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Trossard scores from deep. Nice job Kepa, didn't even get close to that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad