Value of: PK Subban at the deadline with double retention.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think we can all agree that PK is getting traded but he's making 9 million dollars, I think he's getting double retention to bring him down to 2.25 million.

At 2.25 million I think PK will have some value, I'm not sure how but I believe he can help some teams.

I'm intrigued by what she might get.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
lol no its not they are in need of a player with grit and they have hamilton and severson on rd so pk is expendable. not only that majority of nj fans cant wait to get rid of pk

That's awful NJ gets no picks, no prospects, they take on salary for 2 years after this it's just awful

Reactions: Owenay

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
That's awful NJ gets no picks, no prospects, they take on salary for 2 years after this it's just awful
What are you talkimg about pk have negative trade value even at 4.5m so your assessment of what hes worth is wrong. Theres no way he gets that. Sure if toronto wants him they can over pay as per usual but other teams wont for pk

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What are you talkimg about pk have negative trade value even at 4.5m so your assessment of what hes worth is wrong. Theres no way he gets that. Sure if toronto wants him they can over pay as per usual but other teams wont for pk

I have him at 2.25 million with double retention also Kassian has no value either

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I have him at 2.25 million with double retention also Kassian has no value either
A vet rhd who has been to a finals has more value than ZK and a third. It wont be the same return for sure but look at Ristolainen last year. RR was going to be resigned by philly, and PK is most likely a rental so there is difference tgere too. The dbl retention makes it much more interesting. A prospect a rhd and a 2nd rd pick is probably the ceiling, and fitz has done well. I expect (hope) he is moved just before or early in tdl. He has played well lately.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
A vet rhd who has been to a finals has more value than ZK and a third. It wont be the same return for sure but look at Ristolainen last year. RR was going to be resigned by philly, and PK is most likely a rental so there is difference tgere too. The dbl retention makes it much more interesting. A prospect a rhd and a 2nd rd pick is probably the ceiling, and fitz has done well. I expect (hope) he is moved just before or early in tdl. He has played well lately.

I agree with you that what I'm saying his proposal was awful

Last edited:

Dooman

Mar 8, 2006
You know double 50% retention isn't a thing, right?

50% is the max retention on a contract. Two teams can do 25, or 40/10, but the total can not exceed 50%.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I think we can all agree that PK is getting traded but he's making 9 million dollars, I think he's getting double retention to bring him down to 2.25 million.

At 2.25 million I think PK will have some value, I'm not sure how but I believe he can help some teams.

She?
Not much he's been done for some time now

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
You know double 50% retention isn't a thing, right?

50% is the max retention on a contract. Two teams can do 25, or 40/10, but the total can not exceed 50%.
Pretty sure 2 teams can both do 50 percent. It’s happened with a few players recently. 1 off the top of my head was Foligno last year with Toronto and San Jose. Columbus ate half and San Jose ate half. Unless I’m not understanding what you’re saying.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Pretty sure 2 teams can both do 50 percent. It’s happened with a few players recently. 1 off the top of my head was Foligno last year with Toronto and San Jose. Columbus ate half and San Jose ate half. Unless I’m not understanding what you’re saying.

They can

It happened with Foligno, it happened with Savard

It's happened multiple times

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
They can

It happened with Foligno, it happened with Savard

It's happened multiple times
Maple Leafs trade for Foligno; Blue Jackets get picks; Sharks involved

Maple Leafs receive: Nick Foligno (at 25-percent of his salary) and Stefan Noesen.
Blue Jackets receive: Maple Leafs’ 2021 first-round pick and 2022 fourth-rounder. Blue Jackets retain 50-percent of Nick Foligno’s salary (according to reports, including that of Cap Friendly).
Sharks receive: Maple Leafs’ 2021 fourth-rounder for absorbing another portion of Nick Foligno’s salary in the trade.

Savard trade breaks down as follows:
Columbus receives:
2021 first-round pick (from Tampa Bay), 2022 third-round pick (from Tampa Bay)
Detroit receives: 2021 fourth-round pick (from Tampa Bay)
Tampa Bay receives: David Savard (from Columbus), Brian Lashoff (from Detroit)
Here is how the three teams got to that point:
Columbus initially traded Savard to the Red Wings for Brian Lashoff and retained 50% of Savard’s remaining salary.
The Red Wings then sent Savard to Tampa Bay for a fourth-round pick and retained 50 % of his remaining salary from the original move with Columbus.
Tampa Bay then sent the two draft picks to Columbus for Lashoff.
All of that maneuvering means Tampa Bay is getting Savard at just 25% of his salary cap hit for the remainder of the season. Given how close they are to the salary cap, that is very important.

Devs have 3- 4th rounders this upcoming year, their own, Isles from Palmieri trade, and Edmonton's from Kulikov trade. Its like Fitz planned on this scenario!

Forgot about Savard getting a 1st!

Last edited:

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
At this point I can see two thirds, a third to NJ and a third to a team to eat 25% happening. I'd be surprised if it even happened though, seems like too much to give for Subban's recent on ice play. I'd be happy if NJ did something like the Vatanen for Kuokkanen swap, basically NJ lands an older cost controlled tweener talent and gives him a chance to make their team.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

Make sense for the Sabres who need a RHD and a opportunity for PK to play with Malcolm.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

youthinksome team will retain without getting something fir thst?

devils aren’t going to get anything for him

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
At this point I can see two thirds, a third to NJ and a third to a team to eat 25% happening. I'd be surprised if it even happened though, seems like too much to give for Subban's recent on ice play. I'd be happy if NJ did something like the Vatanen for Kuokkanen swap, basically NJ lands an older cost controlled tweener talent and gives him a chance to make their team.

I know he's not what he once was but 2 3rds seems low

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad