Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish - Part IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
i would rather have suter leading this d-corps than letang.

So would I. I don't know if you were attempting to be provocative like you usually are, but you basically just said you'd prefer to have a top 5 dman leading the D core over a top 10 guy.

Last edited:

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
The point was made that Parise threw Bylsma under the bus at the Olympics.

Not sure Crosby didn't do the same thing in the playoffs.

Just not verbally.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Profile on Farnham:

The Ivy Leaguer who fought his way to the NHL

What he does has its admirers.

“He brings energy to the game and energy to your team,” says Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins head coach John Hynes. “He’s very difficult to play against, because he has a very persistent and relentless work ethic, so he’s a very good forechecker. And his number one asset is his speed.”

Hockey has been changing over the past two decades or so, Farnham explains as his eggs and hash browns cool. The game is faster now, opened up by rule changes, yes, but also by players just learning to skate more efficiently.

“You can’t do that clutching and grabbing, the old time hockey with all the big guys,” Farnham says. “It used to be that every team had a couple roster spots for seasoned tough guys, but now the game has changed.”

“You can never take those ten NHL games away,” he says. “I got my foot in the door. I was here. It was something I always dreamed of, and it was something I always said when I was down in the AHL: ‘I’d love to just play one game.’ So now I’ve played ten, and I just … I just want to get back here.”

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Love Farnham. The dude has so much desire. That is what you want in a 12th-14th forward. Adams doesn't really have that anymore which is why many of us have a problem with him in the lineup every night.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
DK used to be a voice of reason, now he's click-happy.

He didn't even use to be that. He just got out in front of the Bylsma/Shero train wreck first. He's always been an idiot that couldn't take one lick of criticism or differing opinion.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Founds this look at goalies and how they perform depending on the quality of competition.

On Fleury:

Then there are goalies like Marc-Andre Fleury of the Pittsburgh Penguins, who have relished playing against the League's top teams. Fleury's .917 win percentage against the top third was the highest among all the goalies looked at, and his .927 save percentage against the top third put him among the best of the group.

It's pretty arbitrary in the selection when it comes to teams in the top 10, in the bottom 10 and in between, but still an interesting look at how some goalies perform against top teams vs bottom teams. Halak, Crawford, Price... so interesting numbers.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
As much as we hate Rossi, i thought he was pretty funny in this:

I may follow him again on twitter just because of it...

Naw.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Not a Pittsburgh article, but Logan Couture wrote something on some of the top Cs in the league - mostly guys he's played quite a bit against and Sid.

It’s not just about his speed, but how he can use his lower body to protect the puck in the corner. When he takes the puck through the neutral zone, he’s a nightmare to defend because he seems to explode and take it to another gear as soon as the puck touches his stick. Watch how he splits the two defensemen here.

Crazy right? It’s even more impressive if you watch his feet this time. He takes one stride to explode past the D.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/best-centers-in-the-nhl/

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
The gif where datsuk dekes Couture out of his jock.. what the hell is Boyle doing in front of the net? :laugh:

Watch how Abdelkaider reaches down to clutch at where he thinks Boyle's arm would be. He was going to grab it, dive (like he always does), and try and buy a hook or hold. Boyle has his arms up to prove that Abdelkaider is full of **** when he tries it.

Really smart play, actually.

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
Watch how Abdelkaider reaches down to clutch at where he thinks Boyle's arm would be. He was going to grab it, dive (like he always does), and try and buy a hook or hold. Boyle has his arms up to prove that Abdelkaider is full of **** when he tries it.

Really smart play, actually.

You could be right; I saw it a little different though. Looks to me like Abdelkaider's stick is behind him, the blade near Boyle's mid-section. Boyle is (smartly, as you similarly noted) keeping his hands up so that he doesn't get called for "holding the stick," but also knowing that if he simply keeps body position, in that case, he has Abdelkaider's stick effectively tied up without holding it...

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
You could be right; I saw it a little different though. Looks to me like Abdelkaider's stick is behind him, the blade near Boyle's mid-section. Boyle is (smartly, as you similarly noted) keeping his hands up so that he doesn't get called for "holding the stick," but also knowing that if he simply keeps body position, in that case, he has Abdelkaider's stick effectively tied up without holding it...

Either way, Abdelkaider was about to dive, lol.

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013
You're Home Town Sports Stationâ„¢ host Andrew Filiponi
"...anyONE sayING, um, um that KAAANG will, um, um be a, um, um BUUSSTT just beCAAUUSE he is a KoREEaaann is a RACIST.."

Holy flying leap of a Straw Man Argument Batman....no one has said that!
Had to mute it when he started screaming about Neal Walker asking for too much.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
You're Home Town Sports Stationâ„¢ host Andrew Filiponi
"...anyONE sayING, um, um that KAAANG will, um, um be a, um, um BUUSSTT just beCAAUUSE he is a KoREEaaann is a RACIST.."

Holy flying leap of a Straw Man Argument Batman....no one has said that!
Had to mute it when he started screaming about Neal Walker asking for too much.

93.7 gonna 93.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad