Confirmed with Link: Calum Ritchie signs ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
And where are these stories coming from exactly? Anyone can look at the Avs bush league level goaltending and draw conclusions.
Here is the quote "The Colorado Avalanche stand out as a prime potential landing spot for Askarov. Alexandar Georgiev struggled with consistency this past season, and the Avalanche's goalie depth is not particularly strong after him. Thus, they could look to adding Askarov as an answer to their problem".

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
According to who?
Him ... probably!

200w.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Here is the quote "The Colorado Avalanche stand out as a prime potential landing spot for Askarov. Alexandar Georgiev struggled with consistency this past season, and the Avalanche's goalie depth is not particularly strong after him. Thus, they could look to adding Askarov as an answer to their problem".
Source is some random guy speculating on his personal website named "nhltraderumours.me"

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Source is some random guy speculating on his personal website named "nhltraderumours.me"

My speculation is that the Avs have a deal in the works that will swap Nichushkin for Kenny Powers since they both hurt their noses, but Powers can also be used as a substitute gym teacher

Reactions: dahrougem2

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
That quote doesn't say the Avs are after him. It is someone speculating that it could be a good fit. No more reliable than us over here on the forum.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Yes, it is just a speculation. Nevertheless it would be cool if we could get one of the top young goalies in the league who is ready proven instead of Nabokov who is a question mark at this time.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yes, it is just a speculation. Nevertheless it would be cool if we could get one of the top young goalies in the league who is ready proven instead of Nabokov who is a question mark at this time.
He’s played 140 minutes of NHL hockey, Askarov is hardly proven. The play is going to be for Nashville to actually get him in NHL games to build enough of a resume to get near the kind of return they want on him.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
As we get further into the season you could easily write: "The Colorado Avalanche stand out as a prime potential landing spot for Draisatl. Mittelstadt struggled with consistency this past season, and the Avalanche's centre depth is not particularly strong after him. Thus, they could look to adding Draisatl as an answer to their problem".

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I think he has a very solid chance at making the team to start the season, even if it’s only to buy Landeskog, Lehkonen and Nichuskin time to get back into the lineup. Hopefully he gets responsible linemates to start and a sprinkle of offensive time. If we are starting the skeleton crew I could see a good amount of our AHL players getting a shot to start too.

LOC-MacK-Drouin
Ritchie-Mittelstadt-Rantanen
Wood-Colton-Kovalenko
Kelly-Ivan-Kiviranta

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
What do folks think the Avs do with him this season?

They can’t send him to the AHL, is there anything he can still gain development wise in the OHL?

Not sure there would be a ton of development in his game if he’s just playing 10 minutes a night on the 4th line with the Avs.

Play him middle 6 until some guys get back, then we see what he looks like, but then OHL or 4th line?

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
What do folks think the Avs do with him this season?

They can’t send him to the AHL, is there anything he can still gain development wise in the OHL?

Not sure there would be a ton of development in his game if he’s just playing 10 minutes a night on the 4th line with the Avs.

Play him middle 6 until some guys get back, then we see what he looks like, but then OHL or 4th line?
They've rushed guys in the past and it hasn't exactly worked out great. Another year in the OHL wouldn't hurt him and I think the Generals are a team that could make a nice run to the memorial cup.

I think he gets 9 games though especially with Landeskog, Lehkonen and Nichuskin not starting the season on opening night. My guess is how he performs in those 9 games will dictate if he stays or goes back.

He wouldn't be on the 4th line in the NHL though - they'd be way better off sending him back if that's the case. If he stays, I think he's the #3C and Colton gets shifted to the wing.

Reactions: Frenchy

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I'm not really in favor of returning him to the OHL for a 4th season there where he turns 20 years old halfway through the year, but it seems most likely that will be the end result. At least he should play a big role on Canada's WJC team.

9 games and returned to Oshawa. Hopefully we get some bodies back by that point.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
There tends to be more harm than good on forcing guys into the NHL. I don't think it ends up stopping guys from being successful... cream always rises to the top... but it can certainly stunt. A clear example is Mitts. He was brought in at least a year early, it caused frustration and disappointment. Which lead to him falling out of favor and having to earn his role back. He eventually did, but I'd argue his development was stunted.

Will that happen with Ritchie? Who knows. I'm not against giving him a 9 game look or longer if he shows well, but he shouldn't doggy paddle for a season. Not with where the Avs are trying to contend and not with him being one of the most important prospects in the system. It would be much better to marinate for another year in the OHL if he struggles at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad