Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish - Part IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He looks like Johnny Depp from secret window.

Lock your windows and doors, here's Johnny!

considerate_knockbathroom.gif

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
You know how Madden says that if the Penguins **** the bed in the playoffs again they need to consider trading Malkin? Today he made a comment about if the Penguins **** the bed in the playoffs again that the Penguins should consider trading a superstar, but that he "now isn't sure which one."

He's always been much harder on Malkin than Crosby, but lately I think with Crosby struggling and his supposed desire to always play with a fading Kunitz Madden seems irritated with Crosby at the moment.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
You know how Madden says that if the Penguins **** the bed in the playoffs again they need to consider trading Malkin? Today he made a comment about if the Penguins **** the bed in the playoffs again that the Penguins should consider trading a superstar, but that he "now isn't sure which one."

He's always been much harder on Malkin than Crosby, but lately I think with Crosby struggling and his supposed desire to always play with a fading Kunitz Madden seems irritated with Crosby at the moment.

Stockholm syndrome.

Pens org has only themselves to blame for Crosby's attachment to Kunitz.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Stockholm syndrome.

Yeah, and being that Crosby has been in the NHL 10 years now, I think he needs to get over his resistance to change. At some point when you keep doing the same things with the same linemates it gets stale. Of course maybe Crosby would have gotten over it if the Penguins weren't run by idiots over the last 5 seasons.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX · 2h 2 hours ago
Crosby "injury" update on tomorrow's show. Legit news. @1059thex #3pm

Putting injury in quotations has me awfully curious. Had no idea he actually went as far as to imply that MAYBE Crosby should be traded.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Stockholm syndrome.

The more I think the more I come in peace with an idea that Sid had just bad luck never to be exposed to a real coach ever since he entered the league. Eddie O, MT, DB and now MJ. Sid (and part of that were injuries) never reached that ceiling that was drawn only for him,

if I were him I would just like in tennis, hire a proven coach to analyze his game, to see what he doeas worng. I understand that this is a teamm game, that its hard to play with garbage on your both wings, but why, why does he have to stop on a rush three time to float that trailer to Rob friggin scuderi or bortuzzo....

Remember the stories how he prepared himself that season prior to the concussion, in the offseason he shot fanatically, than came and ripped the league apart until he got hurt. He has two-three tops years to try to reach that ceiling, better not waste it with some gibroni wingers and coaches

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah, and being that Crosby has been in the NHL 10 years now, I think he needs to get over his resistance to change. At some point when you keep doing the same things with the same linemates it gets stale. Of course maybe Crosby would have gotten over it if the Penguins weren't run by idiots over the last 5 seasons.

Can't incarcerate a guy for ten years and expect him to come out normal.

I blame the man.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The more I think the more I come in peace with an idea that Sid had just bad luck never to be exposed to a real coach ever since he entered the league. Eddie O, MT, DB and now MJ. Sid (and part of that were injuries) never reached that ceiling that was drawn only for him,

if I were him I would just like in tennis, hire a proven coach to analyze his game, to see what he doeas worng. I understand that this is a teamm game, that its hard to play with garbage on your both wings, but why, why does he have to stop on a rush three time to float that trailer to Rob friggin scuderi or bortuzzo....

Remember the stories how he prepared himself that season prior to the concussion, in the offseason he shot fanatically, than came and ripped the league apart until he got hurt. He has two-three tops years to try to reach that ceiling, better not waste it with some gibroni wingers and coaches

Therrien wasn't a real coach?

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Until I hear actual proof that Sid makes these demands and it's not just conjecture or taking a quote about being "comfortable" playing with certain guys out of context, I won't believe it he's the one calling the shots.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Until I hear actual proof that Sid makes these demands and it's not just conjecture or taking a quote about being "comfortable" playing with certain guys out of context, I won't believe it he's the one calling the shots.

It's happened under two different coaches. I don't have Sid on speed dial, but I think it's a bit more than conjecture at this point.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The only way I see Sid breaking the shackles is by JR doing this team another solid and moving Kunitz.

That really needs to happen. Even if the Penguins lose the trade on paper, it needs to happen badly.

Now if Kunitz getting traded results in Crosby going into the tank because his buddy is gone, then the Penguins have REALLY BIG problems. But I tend to think that won't happen.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The only way I see Sid breaking the shackles is by JR doing this team another solid and moving Kunitz.

This team won't even scratch ****ing Adams for ONE game, let alone move Kunitz from the Get Along Gang.

Not trying to **** around...

Can you give me a legit hockey reason he keeps ending up with Crosby no matter how ass he plays?

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
The MT stuff has to stop. I'm begging the lot of you. That was a different mix of players in a far tighter officiated league where the Pens were simply the class of the Eastern Conference.

Ya he was a bit harder on guys, but he could afford to be with Sid and Geno still basically teenagers.

He's as puzzling as ever in Montreal, especially with his adoration for certain players and his thick headedness of refusing to put the right players with the right players based on tenure or some bizarre vision he has.

And in the end, that team is all about Price this year. I watch enough of their games to say that unequivocally.

Valarukar

Jul 20, 2011
Pittsburgh
Madden and Savran were both talking about going to the lengths of trading Kunitz to get him away from Sid if necessary. Also, both said Perron is obviously better on the left wing and that Perron-Sid-Honrqvist is the obvious way to go.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX · 2h 2 hours ago
Crosby "injury" update on tomorrow's show. Legit news. @1059thex #3pm

Putting injury in quotations has me awfully curious. Had no idea he actually went as far as to imply that MAYBE Crosby should be traded.

you of all people know how much he loves Sid, it was all show today so when Sid comes back guns blazing he can take credit for it, it was almost comical listening to him arguing with others (that moronic producer and Savran) who were defending Sid by saying if Sid is not playing well he is hurt, knowing damn well that that was what Madden wanted to hear. All show...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
That really needs to happen. Even if the Penguins lose the trade on paper, it needs to happen badly.

Now if Kunitz getting traded results in Crosby going into the tank because his buddy is gone, then the Penguins have REALLY BIG problems. But I tend to think that won't happen.

letting kunitz go for nothing would addition by attrition at this point, it would make them try to fill that spot with a legit top six player

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
This team won't even scratch ****ing Adams for ONE game, let alone move Kunitz from the Get Along Gang.

Can you give me a legit hockey reason he keeps ending up with Crosby no matter how ass he plays?

I can't. I really can't.

But then I look at Craig Adams and how two different regimes find him indispensable, and I just wonder if the answer is simply that the coach sees something we don't.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Well it's either that or Johnston is too enamored with his "forward tandems" idea and refuses to move away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad