Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish - Part IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Imagine the lels Farnham-Laps-Downie would bring. I would literally HATE lining up against those guys. But no, for the same mysterious reasons DB had for keeping guys in the lineup, MJ is following suit.

Problem with this is that Downie's statistically the second-best offensive threat at right wing right now (assuming Perron ever goes back to his natural position) and you've got him on the fourth line.

And I love Farnham's spirit, but he makes our size problem worse than what you get with Sill. Finishing bodychecks is not the only advantage big bodies provide you. Best way I can put this is that if Eric Fehr sets a pick on Sid, Sid's going to be held up for a few seconds. If Farnham sets a pick on OV, he's probably getting swatted away like a gnat with OV never needing to break stride.

Over the span of a game, when it's 15 or 16 guys losing those types of battles for 60 minutes, that cascade failures into a blowout.

Shero collected obsoletes at forward. Collecting all those college guys that can either not skate, are too small or both just killed us. It's going to take a while to fix, unless there's an 06 style obstruction crackdown (don't hold your breath for this).

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
One is amazed that such superior analysis can be combined with biting provocative humor. Thank you for taking the time to share your extraordinary gift. The challenge now (for all who are endowed with the ability to pass on such profundity) is to disseminate with vigorous clarity your scholarly effort so that it may be spread across the masses with a propriety worthy of its inherent value.

Someone found daddy's thesaurus.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Shero collected obsoletes at forward. Collecting all those college guys that can either not skate, are too small or both just killed us. It's going to take a while to fix, unless there's an 06 style obstruction crackdown (don't hold your breath for this).

I never understood the strategy behind those picks of Shero's. As a collective group, the forwards he picked were never a]supremely skilled, b]fast, or c]big and bruising. They were all kind of average at all three things.

He'd have been better off if he'd taken guys who were longshots, but who at least was high-end in one of those categories (preferably skilled and big/bruising). Instead, it was like he was trying to build a stable of 6'0 tall, bottom six forwards.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I never understood the strategy behind those picks of Shero's. As a collective group, the forwards he picked were never a]supremely skilled, b]fast, or c]big and bruising. They were all kind of average at all three things.

He'd have been better off if he'd taken guys who were longshots, but who at least was high-end in one of those categories (preferably skilled and big/bruising). Instead, it was like he was trying to build a stable of 6'0 tall, bottom six forwards.

I would be thrilled if we had a single ELC guy contributing on any line, let alone top 6. When your best young contributor at F has 3 goals and 5 assists in 20 games, you're not going anywhere in a cap world.

The reason we are paying 2.2m for the Spalings of the world is that we have nothing to show for a lot of our F drafts.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Is this the right place to complain about the Genie Slim Jeggings commercial? It just made me throw up.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
B84w3-TIMAI3b59.jpg

hahahaha

penguins2946*

Why would Crosby care if he wasn't named captain of a freaking all star team? That just seems like a load of bogus.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Bogus. Guy wanted to give up the Team Canada "C" to Toews. It doesn't mean THAT much to him.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why would Crosby care if he wasn't named captain of a freaking all star team? That just seems like a load of bogus.

I can take solace in it. Being the face of the league and all.

You know had Gretzky or Mario had been there they'd be a captain 100%.

Leagues been snubbing Sid for awhile now. I praise Crosby if there's any inkling of truth to it.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
"bring up scott wilson pencil him in beau bennets spot and buy bennett a ticket out of pittsburgh. he couldn't be any worse that beau, what a waste of a first round draft choice."

Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad