Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Its nice that we finally have a couple guys in the CHL to follow. Atleast one in each league as well which feels like we've never had in the longest time.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Opening night in the CHL:

-Connor Hall with 1 assist and a +1 in Kitchener's 5-3 loss.

-Zachary Lauzon with zero points in the Huskies' 4-2 win.

Bellerive got an assist in the Hurricanes game too.

Ohlund playing today. Losing 4-1 to Malmo. Lulea play later. Gustavsson could play.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Ohlund playing today. Losing 4-1 to Malmo. Lulea play later. Gustavsson could play.

Lassinatti playing for Lulea again. Gustavsson waits.

Saint John play again tonight. As are Lethbridge, Rouyn and Kitchener

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I forgot about Bellerive. I'm not used to the Pens having so many CHL players. They usually seem to have 95% of their better prospects in US college.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Lauzon with an assist on the powerplay tonight in the Huskies' 4-1 win. Hopefully that means he'll be getting PP time this season. It'll be interesting to see what he does with it.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Just noticed Bellerive only took 1 face off in Lethbridge's 4-0 loss last night. Not exactly what we want to see from a centre prospect.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
D'Orio stopped 31/33, but got little help, so it was s loss.
Got named 2nd star.

TheSlave

May 22, 2009
Praha, CZ
I don't see any mention here so...

Niclas Almari had his first goal (and point) this season couple of days ago. Stats so far:
7 1+0 +2 4pim and 17:38 average ice time.

The goal can be seen here (starting at 3:11 if the link works):
or click here

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Almari's getting PP time?

Also, HPK has cheerleaders?

Actual sensible question - is HPK playing a very defensive style? I looked and their GF-GA are both really low for the league - fluke, or just how they play?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
D'Orio with a stellar game tonight in a 2-1 OT loss saving 46 shots.
Wasn't for him, this game is not even close.

ETA: See Lauzon and Drozg also played yesterday. Both pointless.
Lauzon was -1 in a 4-2 win and Drozg was -2 in a 3-2 loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
D`Orio seems to get no help at all from his team. 2 games in a row where he only let in 2 goals while facing 30+ and 40+ shots. 2 losses to show for it.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Yep. That is how Patrick Roy became a legend. His junior team was epically bad.

There's two sides to the Q. Most people focus on the stats and while that tells a part of the story, a league that is so high scoring like the Q, it tells you the smallest part of the story possible if you are a goalie, I would look at his games like this and his abilities more so than his numbers, the guy is sound with his positioning and the mechanics of being a goalie, it's why I can see why Buckley liked the kid and probably saw the potential in him as well as the scouting staff.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
There's two sides to the Q. Most people focus on the stats and while that tells a part of the story, a league that is so high scoring like the Q, it tells you the smallest part of the story possible if you are a goalie, I would look at his games like this and his abilities more so than his numbers, the guy is sound with his positioning and the mechanics of being a goalie, it's why I can see why Buckley liked the kid and probably saw the potential in him as well as the scouting staff.

His numbers aren't actually bad, though. A .927 SV% is nothing to sneeze at, and neither is a 2.62 GAA in a high-scoring league. It's not his fault that his team is hot trash.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Lauzon has an upper body injury and didn't play last night in a 4-2 win.
Drozg, no points/even in a 3-1 loss. Looks like he's playing center for Shawinigan. Took 11 draws last night.
D'Orio had the night off last night. STJ lost 6-4.
Bellerive had 1g1a in a 7-6 loss.
Hall had an assist/+1 in a 4-3 OT loss.

Reactions: deakka

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Less encouragingly, Olund has started the SHL season with no points and a -4 in 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad