Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Linus Ohlund scratched for Brynas last night. Pointless in the first five games and a -3. He played 39 games for Brynas last year, I would not be surprised if he was loaned to the Allsvenskan.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
D'Orio was neither the starter nor backup for SNB today? Not sure why.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
D'Orio was neither the starter nor backup for SNB today? Not sure why.

Far as i can tell, he just had the night fully off against a weaker opponent. No injury. They play Sat. again.

Lauzon's still out with an injury.
Drozg's team got stomped 7-1. Turned out Even and took 13 draws. He's not very good at winning them. lol
Hall won 5-3. No points. +2
Bellerive, 4-1 win, 1assist, 5shots, 2Pims.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Linus Ohlund scratched for Brynas last night. Pointless in the first five games and a -3. He played 39 games for Brynas last year, I would not be surprised if he was loaned to the Allsvenskan.

And he has just scored for the Brynäs. Perhaps the scratch was just a wake up call and it worked?

Ölund was one of Brynäs' top guys in the Champions Hockey League with 4 goals and 2 assists in 4 games so I doubt Allsvenskan in the cards for him. Just a slow start to the league season.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
In fact Ölund wasn't even scratched, he was suspended. He got two game suspension for this boarding:

He missed one SHL and one Champions Hockey League game due to that suspension.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Well, that makes sense. Saw he didn't play in the SHL and that explains why. Didn't find anything about a suspension but glad he is back playing regardless.

Empoleon877130

Sep 27, 2017
So far on the season:

Bellerive: 1 goal and 5 points in 5 games
D'Orio: 5 games, 1.98 GAA, .940 save%
Hall: 0 goals and 3 points in 6 games, +7
Lauzon: 0 goals and 1 point in 3 games
Miletic: sent down to London as an overager, 0 points in 1 game
Drozg: 1 goal and 4 points in 6 games

D'Orio is obviously having a fabulous start, but I think Drozg, Bellerive and Hall are also having good seasons so far.

NCAA games haven't really started yet. Both Pavlychev and Bjorkqvist went scoreless in their first games. RPI (Will Reilly's team) starts in a week and Brown (Lafferty's team) doesn't start until the end of this month.

Phillips (3rd round pick from last year) had 17 PIM yesterday, he got a 5 and ejected for spearing.

Last edited:
Reactions: deakka

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Birks had a goal in what i think is a regular season game in the NCAA.

I rally hope bjorkqvist can put up some points this year

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Its starting to bother me that Gustavsson is riding the pine so much .

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Its starting to bother me that Gustavsson is riding the pine so much .

Was thinking about this earlier. They (Lulea) seem to be much more reliant on Lassinantti. It would be nice to see them give Gustavsson more games but I think they don't have a schedule that is as condensed as the NHL, so fewer back to back etc. He only played 15 games last year whilst Lassinantti played 39. There's only 52 regular season games so with Lassinantti playing 6 so far, that's over 10% of the season gone. At this rate Gustavsson will play just 7 games. That's not good for the Penguins to see his development. Could they move him if they want or are they basically tied to him riding the pine?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
According to eliteprospects.com he was loaned to the J20 team for a start as well.

Hopefully he starts all the WJC games and their season finishes early enough for him to come to NA and get in some games with WB/S as well.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
D'Orio got lit up tonight. 5 goals against then pulled in an 8-1 loss.
PP goals against, break away goals against. Not much help tonight.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Well, that makes sense. Saw he didn't play in the SHL and that explains why. Didn't find anything about a suspension but glad he is back playing regardless.

We accept your apology.

Yeah, and please don't do that or rain on our parade again. We're expecting him to be the next Zetterberg, and these negative comments really don't help our hopefulness and fragile dreams.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
D'Orio saved 37/39 but once again picked up a loss since his team could only give him 1 goal.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I was checking Sprongs stats, someone who watches tell me if this is correct.

Hockeyreference thru 2 games has him credited with 14 hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad