Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers - October 17, 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Bad mistakes happen, just because the team is in a bad situation standings wise doesn't mean he's going to be perfect. But he's had a great season so far and he was good tonight for the most part but made a couple of awful mistakes.

No way am I expecting anyone to be perfect. I'll settle for competent at this point. He is trying too hard. When it's going bad, simplify and make the sure play.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Is he not working the broadcasts anymore? I just realized I haven't seen him in a while. It's all Vally now, it seems.

I asked and all he said was he wasn't working that night. Was definitely doing the meet and greets in between periods, but not sure if he still does the broadcasts.

Cool guy nonetheless.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Either way, even with how ugly it gets, I better not see any fair weather fans throw their jerseys on the ice like those losers in Edmonton and Toronto did a couple years ago. There's no room for that in this fanbase. The jersey means too much.

Unless its a Lundqvist jersey. I would be cool with that.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
As one of the most consistently negative posters on this forum, you saying McDonagh is "fine" is particularly head scratching.
Ehhhh the eye test / advance stats dispute is in play here for sure.

McDs adv stats = good

Has he played that way? Ehhhhh not so much. Tonight’s Gaffs aside even

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Lundqvist failed us again. Glad we are paying him this much.

landscape-1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.gif

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Do you understand contracts, lengths of contracts, and why someone receives a given contract at a certain previous point in time taking performance at that specific time and previous resume into account?

That’s also an old way of thinking. Rewarding for past performance with little regard for the future. It leads to overpaid players like Lundqvist and others who are not worth their contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad