Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers - October 17, 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
If it were me, I'd fire AV and bag skate the team until the NHLPA calls.

tednugent693

Oct 17, 2017
I say we Fire Gorton for being so short sighted he didn't realize the glue that kept this team together the last few years is gone.
Girardi-Step- Moore. Pea brain!

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
McDonagh has a top 20 expected goal differential in the whole league and top 5 among defensemen.

But ya trade him or don't extend him because he made one mistake in one game that we won't even remember next month.

Reactions: Chytil

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The guys look exhausted and emotionally drained. It's 7 games in and the guys appear to already be drained. That's not a good sign for an 82 game season.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
McDonagh has a top 20 expected goal differential in the whole league and top 5 among defensemen.

But ya trade him or don't extend him because he made one mistake in one game that we won't even remember next month.

I felt this way about McDonagh last year.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
After making all these mental mistakes and giving up another 4 goals while playing this goofy system.
If anything I give the players credit for the effort but this team is obviously very frustrated.
They're all afraid to make mistakes, trying to do too much and playing nervous so even with the improved effort?
I'm still looking at the man behind the bench!

Reactions: Mac n Gs

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Maybe Bernie Federko was right calling the Rangers peewee hockey during the St Louis game.
A game like tonight was a case of the guys not being able to seal the deal. That is a sign of amateurish behaviour at some level. They have done it a fair bit over the last season or so.
It was still a good game to watch, and when I watch it is about me...I want to be entertained. I was. Plus, the team looked loose and rolling for the first time since the Leafs game.
Still not ready for game starts. Sad to keep seeing. Angrifying is what that is.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
He had the highest on-ice expected goals out of any player tonight, on either team.

And then you boil his night down to one play.

It's not fair.

You can't cite this stat like it's gospel. You trot it out like it's the peer reviewed, be all end all measurement of in game quality and then move on.

Also, that one play, in that situation, with the team off to this start, completely negates everything else he may have done in the game. He'll tell you the same thing.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
David S. best player of the game with one goal +1 assist 5 v 5 even strength goals - it explain how horrific this team has performed since the beginning of this season, except the 1 shutout by Henrik.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
If it were me, I'd fire AV and bag skate the team until the NHLPA calls.
Each player gets a butter knife and they all have to stab AV once, and it goes around the horn again if he is still alive. That way we rid ourselves of AV and the team bond grows stronger because their mutual culpability that they all must now take to the grave will form a hearty trust bond.

Reactions: Crease

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Awful play by Shattenkirk on the Crosby goal. Awful awareness by Hank on the goal as well. Just generally garbage play from McDonagh all night. Gross.

It was awful recognition by Shattenkirk, but Staal gave Shattenkirk a horrible pass which tied him up and I don't think he was able to clear the zone. Either Shattenkirk wasn't able to clear the zone or he BARELY cleared the zone abut the Penguins were all on the line.

I long for the day when AV and Staal are off this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad