Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers - October 17, 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As one of the most consistently negative posters on this forum, you saying McDonagh is "fine" is particularly head scratching.

Then you need to watch more closely.

People notice turnovers. Here's what goes unnoticed - the next time the Rangers are completely controlling the game (which happened quite a few times tonight) look for 27. He'll be out there.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
McDonagh is fine. Holy ****.

Half you people criticizing AV are just as reactionary as he is.
I'm not ok with our captain having lapses in a game that's as close to a must win as can be this early in the season. He can score 2 goals and assist on another two, but if he makes that error that loses his team the game, then he's a goat, and deservedly so.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not ok with our captain having lapses in a game that's as close to a must win as can be this early in the season. He can score 2 goals and assist on another two, but if he makes that error that loses his team the game, then he's a goat, and deservedly so.

He's made one bad mistake all year and it came at a bad time.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
McDonagh is fine. Holy ****.

Half you people criticizing AV are just as reactionary as he is.

How do you defend that, though? It's blatantly not fine. You have TWO Pens on the forecheck and you go up the middle?! 3-on-3 situation and you don't hold the puck on a line change instead of trying to force the issue with a stretch pass, which results in an icing?!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
That tying goal in the last minute reminded me so much of the Erik Karlsson goal in the playoffs. Your goalie can't let that happen.

We found a way to lose in this one and the team is still making a load of brain dead plays--whether it's early or late goals, bad penalties, players getting caught out of position, giveaways and turnovers in their own end and in the neutral zone.

Maybe they build off the comeback in this one---maybe they don't.

....and yeah McDonagh's not looking very good either.

Reactions: Maximus

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
If you want the team to be better, it does not start with McDonagh...

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Great players make mistakes too. How was Letang on Grabner (i think) goal.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
How do you defend that, though? It's blatantly not fine. You have TWO Pens on the forecheck and you go up the middle?! 3-on-3 situation and you don't hold the puck on a line change instead of trying to force the issue with a stretch pass, which results in an icing?!

He had the highest on-ice expected goals out of any player tonight, on either team.

And then you boil his night down to one play.

It's not fair.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
It's like EHM is it not?
Every lockerrom is ran like the Miracle on Ice team, of course. Ya know, accountability! Like inspiring your Division III JV football team to win the next game!

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
He was hammered! But our good luck charm - he got up and we yelled at him to sit back down.

Also met Fotiu in the box between periods.

Is he not working the broadcasts anymore? I just realized I haven't seen him in a while. It's all Vally now, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad