Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers - October 17, 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
He had the highest on-ice expected goals out of any player tonight, on either team.

And then you boil his night down to one play.

It's not fair.

I get it. But it's not one play, as you keep insisting. And his errors are unforced, not your garden-variety type of mistakes.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
McDonagh has a top 20 expected goal differential in the whole league and top 5 among defensemen.

But ya trade him or don't extend him because he made one mistake in one game that we won't even remember next month.
One mistake? I love Mac but your wearing blinders, right after kessel scored their first he passed the puck right to Crosby in the slot. His passing so far this season has been beyond terrible. His horrific decision in overtime only made it worse. He literally shot the puck right into kessel with two rangers streaking up the ice for a 2 on 1 that is horrible decision making. This guy is a top 20 dman in the league but he sure as hell hasn’t been playing like it

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Waiting to see how the Henrik defenders spin the tying goal.

Vally broke it down very good in the post game. Henrik was setup in RVH, and his mistake came when he got back up too early and during the transition back to his feet, Crosby knocks the puck directly off him and goes into the net.

Terrible timing for that to happen, and Crosby makes his own luck with plays like that because he sees things others don't.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
You can't cite this stat like it's gospel. You trot it out like it's the peer reviewed, be all end all measurement of in game quality and then move on.

Also, that one play, in that situation, with the team off to this start, completely negates everything else he may have done in the game. He'll tell you the same thing.

In fact, he did, in his locker room interview.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yeah, MSG! Just what fans want to see, clips of what each Penguins player did with the Stanley Cup in the off season.

FOH.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
How do you defend that, though? It's blatantly not fine. You have TWO Pens on the forecheck and you go up the middle?! 3-on-3 situation and you don't hold the puck on a line change instead of trying to force the issue with a stretch pass, which results in an icing?!
Bad mistakes happen, just because the team is in a bad situation standings wise doesn't mean he's going to be perfect. But he's had a great season so far and he was good tonight for the most part but made a couple of awful mistakes.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
David S. best player of the game with one goal +1 assist 5 v 5 even strength goals - it explain how horrific this team has performed since the beginning of this season, except the 1 shutout by Henrik.

Pumpkins?
poster%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u3.jpg

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
SIde note why was the icing waved off on the tying goal by Crosby? Staal from where I was seated seemed to clearly be ahead of the Pittsburgh player

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Either way, even with how ugly it gets, I better not see any fair weather fans throw their jerseys on the ice like those losers in Edmonton and Toronto did a couple years ago. There's no room for that in this fanbase. The jersey means too much.

Reactions: Siddi

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
It was awful recognition by Shattenkirk, but Staal gave Shattenkirk a horrible pass which tied him up and I don't think he was able to clear the zone. Either Shattenkirk wasn't able to clear the zone or he BARELY cleared the zone abut the Penguins were all on the line.

I long for the day when AV and Staal are off this team

I long for the day Lundqvist stops giving up goals from behind the net. He's done it since he was a rookie.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Either way, even with how ugly it gets, I better not see any fair weather fans throw their jerseys on the ice like those losers in Edmonton and Toronto did a couple years ago. There's no room for that in this fanbase. The jersey means too much.

Don't worry about it. The financial execs who are the only ones who can afford lower bowl seats don't own jerseys anyway.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I mean we've been bad but f*** can't get a break right now

infuriating

win the next two and 3-5-1 doesn't look awful?

doesn't help that metro teams rack up points every night. "worry about your own team" is a bunch of garbage.. what every other team is doing matters alot.. it's why the 3-7 start didn't kill us a few years ago.. rest of division was average.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I mean we've been bad but **** can't get a break right now

infuriating

win the next two and 3-5-1 doesn't look awful?

doesn't help that metro teams rack up points every night. "worry about your own team" is a bunch of garbage.. what every other team is doing matters alot.. it's why the 3-7 start didn't kill us a few years ago.. rest of division was average.

I said all summer the East will be drastically improved and it will continue to get better and better in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad