Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers - October 17, 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
What are you talking about? Blame the players. It was the most anti-AV plan I've seen in a long time. They did not turtle and were still pressuring until Sully took Murray out with 2 minutes to go. And that goal is on Hank. McD then decides to lose the game for us.

Or, you know, they once again got into a hole less than a minute in and took 30 minutes to realize they were playing a game.

That hasn't been a consistent problem under AV, though. Clearly.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Kind of a bummer that McDonagh stopped developing after the Finals trip. He was firmly in the top 10 defensemen for a while and looked to stay there. Short-lived success it now looks like.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Hank was excellent tonight. GTG was lucky as f***.

McDonagh gave the game away in OT.

Shitty result, but you win and lose as a team.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I don't really blame AV for this season, or nearly as much as others seem to hate the guy. But, at this point, how much worse could it get? The team just looks unprepared in every 1st period; there seem to never be any new wrinkles or changes in practice/plays/style - it is only ever shuffled lines and different names on the backs of the jerseys. Something needs to give to get these guys going - because the current direction in garbage. We don't lack for talent.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Kind of a bummer that McDonagh stopped developing after the Finals trip. He was firmly in the top 10 defensemen for a while and looked to stay there. Short-lived success it now looks like.

I'd seriously consider trading him, not because of this game, because I think from 30-36 may be an adventure with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad