Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
At this point it is actually worse than under Torts.

Before Torts, under Torts and after Torts Rangers have trouble scoring on good goalies. Give us Emery or 1st game MAF and the board would draw an appreciation threads after each game.
Just come down, Lundqvist plays the way we want him to, defense is tired and forwards never had a talent needed. That sums it up. Therefore we can win the series if:
1. Lundqvist continues
2. Defense get a rest
3. Forwards make PIT defense tired

LGR!!!

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
I think zucc's line is successful because pouliot plays aggressive to the net and is good on the boards. Zucc can get out muscled in the boards but he is exceptional finding the open guy and brass is actually pretty decent digging out pucks with excellent passing skills as well. No surprise they are best pp option at this point as well.

Kreider's value to Nash and stepan is obvious. They are soft as hell save the few shifts Nash decides to be aggressive. Kreider bangs the body and makes defenses caugh it up or make bad plays. That line is currently horrific on the forecheck.

The reaccurring theme is that the lines lacking physical component have struggled more in playoffs.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
What do you guys want as a number 1 center? A young player with potential? Like a 23 year old 60ish point two way player?

Nope. A mystical 90 point player, that's under the age of 25, that makes every player better, that scores every goal the Rangers can't, that will only cost Hagelin + J. Moore.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
To say the power play stinks is to give it far too much credit,

The previous NHL record for futility was 0 for 30. We are at 0 for 33 and counting. AV or whoever runs the power play deserves some blame, too. Putting out the wrong guys at the wrong time.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
What do you guys want as a number 1 center? A young player with potential? Like a 23 year old 60ish point two way player?

1c needs to be able to skate, snipe and create. The good ones have an element to their games that's elite, nobody can do it all. A guy like stepan is a good 2 but he isn't elite in any area. It's not his fault but it's hard to take your game to another level when you don't have one. Stepan needs a power forward.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
1c needs to be able to skate, snipe and create. The good ones have an element to their games that's elite, nobody can do it all. A guy like stepan is a good 2 but he isn't elite in any area. It's not his fault but it's hard to take your game to another level when you don't have one. Stepan needs a power forward.

His hockey IQ is outstanding, if not elite.

How else can a player that's as bad a skater as Stepan rack up points?

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
His hockey IQ is outstanding, if not elite.

How else can a player that's as bad a skater as Stepan rack up points?

His IQ is very good but it doesn't seems to translate to a playoff atmosphere/ratcheted up intensity. He is an excellent #2 in a #1 role who is playing like ****. Richards, who is actually playing decent due to easier matchups has fallen way short of the mark so stepan gets more scrutiny.

We need a 1c, we sold the farm for a 1rw instead.....

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Still laughing at the fact that MAF has shut us out twice in a row. Guy's barely moved in the net during those two games. He's probaly laughing at us too. What the **** are we doing out there.

This team's so ****ing inept at times. It's sad.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
The Powerplay rarely gets set up in the opposing zone, and when it does, the point shots either don't get through or miss the net completely . Also why is it they don't have any one stand in front of the net to screen and disrupt Fleury.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
[/B]

This is where Kreider comes in.

Agreed and he can also track the puck down if they decide to dump and chase on powerplay. He is physical and quick enough to retrieve puck and then head to front of net with his size. I don't think we have anyone else with that ability. Nash would never sacrifice himself physically like that.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
The Powerplay rarely gets set up in the opposing zone, and when it does, the point shots either don't get through or miss the net completely . Also why is it they don't have any one stand in front of the net to screen and disrupt Fleury.

Nash,stepan,Richards,msl = no net front presence. It's not just pp, name another playoff team whose top four paid Fwds are even close to this soft? Crosby is more physical than any of those guys. It is what it is.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
short and sweet. i watched entire game. tired, tired team. did i say they looked tired ?

playing at home getting shut out is inexcusable against that team. defensively, they arent that good. and we got blanked 2 in a row. no excuses.

the pp is beyond abysmal. its single handedly killing us. all season we said this. fix the pp and were as good as anyone. we didnt. we arent. the pp will end our season early. fix it.

i saw lots of running around, lots of pressure with no results and lots of shots with no shot at going in. yes, we had some quality chances but like all year, we cannot score a slam dunk goal and wide open nets go off the post, crossbar or wide. over and over. we are pretty much inept at all forms of goal scoring. dont be fooled, lots of pressure with no real chances doesnt mean ****. really.

the passing was at times unwatchable and the inability to handle passes in stride was almost nonexistent. lots of guilty players last night. passing kinda matters.

the "flower" played out of his mind but he just isnt this good. he really isnt.

win wed night and its a 3 game series. were still ok if we can somehow figure out how to score a goal or two.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
49489739.jpg

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
These last two games have been absolutely painful to watch.
I can barely bring myself to read the boards, let alone post.
:cry::cry::cry::shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The problem with the powerplay is that we never adjusted after going 0-for-10 or something. The difference between a good powerplay and a great powerplay is the ability to enter the zone in different ways. Richards and Girardi are just standing there and there is nobody screening the goalie. Only Pouliot does a good job at that, but then we just keep passing to statues Girardi and Richards.

Our PP needs more energy.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The problem with the powerplay is that we never adjusted after going 0-for-10 or something. The difference between a good powerplay and a great powerplay is the ability to enter the zone in different ways. Richards and Girardi are just standing there and there is nobody screening the goalie. Only Pouliot does a good job at that, but then we just keep passing to statues Girardi and Richards.

Our PP needs more energy.

Its this. Its keystone cops out there when the opposition stacks the blueline -- this rings true on the PP and at even strength.

Not only are the dump in's usually garbage, but in the rare instance of a good one, theres zero puck support -- mainly because half the forwards have no interest in getting their nose dirty.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The best thing that ever happened to the perception of Kreider's abilities has been missing playoff games. He might have been real good, but boy has he been inconsistent this season.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

Are you insinuating that Stepan is a first line center? If so I'm gonna need somebody to help me off the floor after I die from laughter.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
Are you insinuating that Stepan is a first line center? If so I'm gonna need somebody to help me off the floor after I die from laughter.

Well the fact that he ranked 26th out of centers in points technically means he IS a first line center, ofcourse the point could be made that he is not an ELITE first line center and that I would absolutely agree with.....and I would also agree that he hasn't had a very good playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium