Value of: PIT's 2023 1st round pick.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I actually like that trade maybe add Poulin to make more incentive for Calgary. That’s a lot of cap they are shedding getting out of Markstrom is huge.

Imo it makes zero sense to not trade that 1st with Crosby, Malkin and Letang still there.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
wow this does make sense.

@Zegs2sendhelp what do you think??
I imagine the trade is a bit bigger…. We prob have to take money back.

But I don’t hate the idea, dostal is ready for ducks we can take back a goalie, to split starts with dostal.

Pick is in a good area for us to find another solid asset to build around…. I don’t think Henrique or gibson are part of the long term plan so why hold on to them

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Gibson and Henrique (with retention) to the Pens for the 1st plus something else makes a bit of sense.
You guys would really have to help us out by taking cap back. Granlund and Carter at the very least.

Tough sell.

How about Swayman from Boston?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I imagine the trade is a bit bigger…. We prob have to take money back.

But I don’t hate the idea, dostal is ready for ducks we can take back a goalie, to split starts with dostal.

Pick is in a good area for us to find another solid asset to build around…. I don’t think Henrique or gibson are part of the long term plan so why hold on to them

I could probably be talked into doing the 1st straight up for Gibson and Lundestrom and throw in Desmith no retention.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Moving it for either a goaltender or a LD that can play behind or above Pettersson.

Would Calgary be willing to do something around Hanifin + Markstrom for Ty Smith, the 1st, and small cap dump like Ruhwedel or Friedman?

Would Nashville or Winnipeg move Helle or Saros for a package involving it?
Torrey Krug is your man. You can have him straight up for your 1st.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
What would it cost?
Depends how much $ we took back. If we didn’t take back someone like granlund I think cost would be minimal. If we took back his crappy contract I would want maybe 3rd?

The last thing PIT needs is 30+ year olds.

I honestly don’t think there is anything on St Louis that we can afford I’d want outside of Schenn.
I don’t think we want to trade Schenn or Faulk. I expect anyone else over 27 is very available.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You're better off making that pick and trading it at the deadline, if required when the Pens have a better idea of what's required next season.

Summer deals like this are premature. And I don't think Pittsburgh has a good idea of what they're missing considering a handful of their guys probably had bad years that aren't necessarily repeated.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Why would Pittsburgh trade it's 1st round pick after missing the playoffs? They're better off keeping it and using it to help start the process of building a new future.
Only thing that matters for us right now is the next 2 or 3 years, after that it's tanksville. No use drafting an A prospect only for them to peak during our upcoming bottom-feeder years.

We should absolutely trade the 1st but I'd like to get better value than Vejmelka if possible.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Because Tampa is desperate as are the Oilers in going all in. Be grateful you got that. You won both trades. Doesn’t mean you’d win a third.

Owen Power?
How do you know NSH won both trades ? Ekholm has been great for EDM. TBL has a good track record of overpaying for cheap contracts and winning cups. Some fans would prefer having 10 1st rounders rather than actually winning a cup…

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
This pick and next year's 1st will be used to trade for JT Miller lol.
That might actually be smart for PIT to get Miller, they are one of the teams which don t care what happens in the last 5 years of that contract. Have no idea about the value though. Also VAN seems to want to contend as soon as possible and they traded Horvat so most likely they d keep Miller

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Makes no sense for the Ducks. They probably can get a 2nd+ at the least for Henrique at the deadline. I’m hoping I don’t need to explain that Gibson is not some cap dump. And if you do think he is then why do you want him?

Cap dump might be harsh but he’s certainly a reclamation project with some upside who’s worth pursuing as long as the price makes sense.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Would Nashville or Winnipeg move Helle or Saros for a package involving it?
I think the Penguins would have a better shot at poaching Askarov from the Predators than Saros with that 1st round pick.
They're better off keeping it and using it to help start the process of building a new future.
Lmao. How is a mid 1st round suppose to help build a better future when the Penguins are all in right this minute while Crosby, Malkin and Letang are still star players? It's a crime against humanity that they still own that pick.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Yes, a top 5 goalie in the league in his prime on a 5m contract we aren't looking to move is worth more than a mid first mediocre prospects and plugs.
Well see there's the problem, YOU don't dictate what goalies are worth, the market does, and no goalie (even Roy in his prime) get's a blue chipper. Goalies are far to sporadic with their play, and every NHL GM knows that. If the Preds were willing to move him you would be very very very disappointed with the return.

Before you come back with Schneider as evidence of the contrary, keep in mind that bad trades are not viewed as a precedent, only as bad trades that won't happen again. Which is exactly what that trade was.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
And how often are goalies like Saros available? Schneider got a top ten pick and he had about a hundred less wins than Saros and zero top ten Vezina finishes.
MAF fresh off of winning a Vezina got traded for a no namer, guess that means Saros will be too, I mean that's what MAF got............

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad