Value of: PIT's 2023 1st round pick.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I think Burke said something to the affect that they are all in as long as Crosby is still playing at a high level.
While that is consistent with Burke's disdain for all things renewal and rebuild it's going to leave the Pens in a serious hole when Crosby retires.

The 1st round this year will likely be 25-26 once this team is coming out of its rebuild if they are lucky.
They need to keep each and every first round pick moving forward - which means Burke will trade them all. The Pens are wise to choose a player (any player) and hope and pray they can at least contribute when Crosby and his cohort have moved into retirement mode.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Power, Beniers, Sanderson, Byfield, Seider, etc.

Young prospects/players with high potential...we can get and have gotten quantity elsewhere. We're not moving Saros unless a high value asset is coming back and Pittsburgh has none. Maybe a couple firsts starting when Crosby and Malkin retire, but that could be a few years to pay off for us.
I cringe because this is what we could have gotten for Murray at his peak while keeping Fleury. This thread would be in July if so.

Sign me up for Boldy to PIT for 13-15 overall plus next years first.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Minnesota isn't trading a player they just signed for seven years at dirt cheap value.
Who else do they have worth two firsts plus a D prospect like Pickering? We already missed out on Fiala.

Pickering to go with Addison.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Predominantly, yes, but the Preds have been my #2 team for almost as long.

CourageousHighGlowworm-max-1mb.gif

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Markstrom would definitely be an interesting acquisition for the Penguins. I don't think it'd be a first, and it's probably easier to figure out without involving Hanifin, who seems like a poor fit for what the Penguins need in a LHD. He doesn't seem like a natural fit with Letang or Petry.

But Markstrom would be an interesting risk/reward proposition with Pittsburgh's unsettled goaltending situation. As well as their cap mentality of "all in until everyone's old and overpaid". He can be a top-tier netminder. But it's a hugely risky and controversial contract to potentially take on. It'd be one of those trades that either goes extremely well and looks brilliant...or just compounds the problems Pittsburgh already has if Markstrom doesn't really bounce back.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Moving it for either a goaltender or a LD that can play behind or above Pettersson.

Would Calgary be willing to do something around Hanifin + Markstrom for Ty Smith, the 1st, and small cap dump like Ruhwedel or Friedman?

Would Nashville or Winnipeg move Helle or Saros for a package involving it?
I'd do a deal around Helle if we are not blowing shit up.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
We'd need a young impact player/prospect coming back or very high pick(s). We've already got middle firsts from dealing Ekholm and Jeannot and Saros is worth a lot more than that.
You have to remember we have no reason to trade Saros right now with Askarov still needing a year or two in the minors.

hes 2 yrs to UFA. You aren’t getting sny top 10 picks or recent top 10 picks let alone top 3 or top 5 players.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If Hellebuyck isn't interested in re-signing the Jets 100% have to move him with a year left. So he might be available by the draft. He's not the kind of guy to jerk a team around, he will make it clear.

Also didn't realize Barry Trotz posted under so many accounts on here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad