Confirmed Trade: [PIT/WPG] Rutger McGroarty for Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I like McGroarty as a fit for PIT, they needed another dirty goal winger who will stand in front of the next and take abuse after losing Hornqvist a longggg (jeez I'm old) time ago and then more recently Guentzel.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Hockey NIL deals are nothing. Logan Cooley signed one with Chipotle that gave him a free meal a day.

I had read that many 1st round guys at top programs are into the 6 figure range.

Top that off with covered housing, meals, etc. as part of a scholarship, and that's almost all take home money, as opposed to an AHL contract in the 5 figures where you still have to pay your own way.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
So are Jets fans arguing that rather than having the kid praise and say nice things about Winnipeg they would have preferred that he piss on them from the start? Because that seems to be the message.
Understand this: Most Jets fans couldn’t care less about the guy. He didn’t want to play there and now he is gone. Good riddance. Only a few posters here think that it is important to give a damn about him.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I had read that many 1st round guys at top programs are into the 6 figure range.

Top that off with covered housing, meals, etc. as part of a scholarship, and that's almost all take home money, as opposed to an AHL contract in the 5 figures where you still have to pay your own way.
Where have you read that? Genuinely curious not being argumentative.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Man your hockey acumen is lacking. Plenty of results to look at what the issues are in Toronto and no its not Matthews and Nylander. Treliving is actually addressing the teams weakness's he has identified a team that needs veteran players with a physical presence and winning pedigree.

Tre was put into a corner everyone knows they should have traded Marner for an elite D man and not handed out those contracts. Dubas did that.
Gotta agree with you there, all of Tre’s moves basically are like total opposite of what Dubas would do lmao

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Worst rumor I’ve heard in a minute

low 6’s would be 100000000% public, and not a “trust me bro” source

Not even a head count sport
Why nobody takes McMahon serious and schlossman who is 100x better at his job even called this out on air.
Low 6’s and 2nd round picks :biglaugh:

Last edited:

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone

Why nobody takes McMahon serious and schlossman who is 100x better at his job even called this out on air.

I dunno, I may not believe 150k, but the top prospects are absolutely getting something more than a pittance. I guarantee you they're not feeling comfortable turning down pro contracts because of free Chipotle.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I dunno, I may not believe 150k, but the top prospects are absolutely getting something more than a pittance. I guarantee you they're not feeling comfortable turning down pro contracts because of free Chipotle.

And I guarantee you that claim of that much money for a sport that isn’t a head count sport, and has stadiums that hold 5,000 people ain’t getting near any of those numbers mentioned while there being zero public knowledge of said deals.

Reactions: TS Quint

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
And I guarantee you that claim of that much money for a sport that isn’t a head count sport, and has stadiums that hold 5,000 people ain’t getting near any of those numbers mentioned while there being zero public knowledge of said deals.
Hockey NIL money.....now thats a good laugh. What is it 500 bucks a week?

Reactions: Breakers

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Hockey NIL money.....now thats a good laugh. What is it 500 bucks a week?

exactly, that exposure isn’t there. NESN and ESPN bump hockey from broadcasts in major media markets for regional women’s volleyball and gymnastics.

College hockey is not that popular.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
When Snuggerud stayed in college, it was first announced through their NIL collective, and they said they put together a package for him to return. Almost assuredly there was money involved, and it ain't minimum wage. You really think he's turning down pro money for scraps?

What these guys are getting, yes it's likely small money compared to star football or basketball players, but it also doesn't take much to beat out an AHL salary.

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
Oh no! People have life experiences and let there employers know short term!

The horrorrrrr!

Jesus christ.

The Canadian complex on this shit is insane.

He didn't want to play for you. You got a comparable prospect back. Who gives a shit?
Yop…this. Whenever a girl broke up with me, she was dead to me from that very second on. Never looked back or reconciled….lots and lots of fish in the sea.

Not like the pens saddled us with an ankle burner who can only stop left…lol

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
Yeah that Laine fella worked out great for them
He worked out pretty good. We got him, he sold so much merch…scored at a fierce pace. Then we traded him. Look at the trade tree and tell me that we arent better from the trade. Sometimes you buy something and use it until it is broken and you throw it away (or induct into HOF) and other times you put it on Kijiji.

I'm glad the Jets traded McGoarty. He's a brutal skater. And a crybaby.
Revisionist history. He is a good prospect. We got a good prospect back. After enough times with Chevy winning trades, I will wait for Yager’s D+2 to see which prospect is better at that point.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

I can see some of the very very top guys at big programs getting around 6 figs if they leverage for it. Like maybe 3-5 guys in all of college hockey.

Tweet is out to lunch though claiming that level of scale.

However, it’s real easy to imagine good players can make 10k-30k quite easily which people do forget is a cushy life style at school (assuming parents/scholarship paying room&board, tuition).

Especially compared to the grind of the AHL.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I'd assume that amount meant including the cost/value of the scholarship and all living expenses over the course of 4 years, rather than a yearly "salary" of $150k.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I'd assume that amount meant including the cost/value of the scholarship and all living expenses over the course of 4 years, rather than a yearly "salary" of $150k.
well NCAA hockey is a head count sport. So their scholarships are monitored like a pie for instance, so you slice the pie as there is only so much to go around.

NIL is about using one likeness to make money, and the money just isnt there to justify $600k. The point of NIL is for it to be public so the whole premise makes zero sense of what that claim is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad