Confirmed Trade: [PIT/WPG] Rutger McGroarty for Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
On paper, the real winners are the Jets. They get a top prospect for another prospect that didn't want to sign with them.

Now who will be better in the NHL, nobody knows, time will tell.

And McGroarty is only 10 months older, so i'm not sure about the immediate impact even though he seems to be more NHL ready.

Bold move from the Pens and it makes it interesting in a historically boring month of august
Physically McGroarty is 2 years ahead and ready to play now. That's what is attractive to the Pens.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
It seems like people on these boards think GMs want to screw the other GMs in a trade as much as possible while the NHL GMs just want to make moves to improve the organization. Those who want the GM to screw over the other GMs are unhappy with the Penguins for not trying to extract maximum value and lowball Winnipeg for Rutger. Those who just want their team to improve seem to be happy with the Penguins side of the trade because Yager seems to be a slightly lower tier of prospect than Rutger at this time.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Not a chance. Drysdale was a glass body and a bad move by Philly
I think McGroarty is the superior prospect, like I thought Gauthier was superior to Drysdale at the time of the trade.

2.0 in the sense a team had to downgrade because their USNDP prospect didn't want to sign with them.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I think this works for both teams pretty well. Players themselves are pretty comparable. Pens get a guy who will likely play for them this season, Jets get a solid C prospect in return for someone who wanted out.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Helps Crosby today and makes the Pens suck harder after he retires, can’t be too unhappy.

McGroarty-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
DOC-Glass-Hayes
Acciari-Eller-Puljujarvi
Puustinen, Ponomarev

It’s still ass but it will be more fun to watch than I had feared.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
The whole "wow he got value even when the player wanted out" is way overplayed. Jets would be losing his rights July 2026. It's not like there was any rush.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad