Confirmed with Link: [PIT/OTT/VGK] Brassard/Dunn/Lindberg/3rd for Gustavsson/Cole/1st/3rd for Reaves/4th | VGK ret. 40%

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Has anybody heard anything regarding Brassard being in the lineup tonight versus Florida?

I already mentioned about 5 times throughout the threads. Immigration paperwork needs submitted. Multiple examples of this taking time. There is ZERO percent change paperwork is filed and good by tonight.

No way. We will be lucky if he's ready for the next one. He also needs time to meet the coaches, go over the system, practice, etc.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I already mentioned about 5 times throughout the threads. Immigration paperwork needs submitted. Multiple examples of this taking time. There is ZERO percent change paperwork is filed and good by tonight.

No way. We will be lucky if he's ready for the next one. He also needs time to meet the coaches, go over the system, practice, etc.

Phaneuf got sorted in under 48 hours though.

Acquired on a Tuesday. Figure the paperwork was submitted on Wednesday. Good to go by end of business on Thursday for LA's game against us.

NOW, nobody is processing paperwork on the weekend. SO, figure this gets started Monday morning.

IF the Phaneuf timeline holds, then Brassard should be good to go for a game the following evening.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^^ Remember that was during the week. I would imagine, like you said, processing starts Monday morning. I'm sure immigration doesn't give a shit that Brassard needs to play hockey. It's the weekend. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
^^ Remember that was during the week. I would imagine, like you said, processing starts Monday morning. I'm sure immigration doesn't give a **** that Brassard needs to play hockey. It's the weekend. :laugh:

And Phaneuf was traded on a Tuesday night. Paperwork didn't start until Wednesday morning. It was approved for him to play the next evening.

Brassard was traded on a Friday evening. Paperwork won't start until Monday morning. IF the Phaneuf timeline holds, it will be approved for him to play the next evening.

Not a guarantee, because each case is different. BUT, in terms of the time frames, this is EXACTLY the same as when Phaneuf was traded . . . the paperwork needs to be approved within 34 hours.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Or it could be no one wants to fight a guy that they know that they'll lose to. Reaves' 6 fights with the Pens actually put him on a pace to eclipse his previous two seasons (6 last year and 4 the year before).

Pretty much no one left for him to fight. How many teams have a legit heavyweight these days? I count Wilson, Kassian, McLeod, Lucic, Chara, Simmonds and Haley (not a heavyweight but psycho enough to fight anyone).

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
so I get tickets to a game or two every year from work. I got tickets to the Tuesday game vs the Devils. But now I will be out of town for work, so I can't go. Part of me (the jerk part :laugh: ) hopes Brassard doesn't debut with us that night just because I'd be extra annoyed I can't be there :cry:

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks the Pens may have overpaid for Brassard? If we reverse the Reaves trade we get:

1st 2017, 1st 2018, 3rd 2019, 4th 2018 (VAN), Gustavsson, Sundquist, Cole for 3rd 2018, 2nd 2017 (STL), Lindberg, Dunn and 40% Brassard.

In other words, it's two 1sts, a 3rd, a 4th, Gustavsson, Cole for a 2nd, 3rd, and Brassard.

I like Brassard and excited about our depth, but that is simply TOO much for a 50 point center that's not even known for his defense or PKing.

I am sincerely hoping someone proves me wrong/convinces me otherwise.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
There's always one out there. That's for sure. Read the thread for crying out loud before just spewing negativity for negativity sake. You should be proving everyone else wrong, not 99.9% proving your thoughts incorrect.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@ColePens, acknowledged in another thread: One difference between Phaneuf and Brassard I forgot. Phaneuf had an approved visa and was in the country. Just needed to get it amended. Brassard is out of the country. New application.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Am I the only one who thinks the Pens may have overpaid for Brassard? If we reverse the Reaves trade we get:

1st 2017, 1st 2018, 3rd 2019, 4th 2018 (VAN), Gustavsson, Sundquist, Cole for 3rd 2018, 2nd 2017 (STL), Lindberg, Dunn and 40% Brassard.

In other words, it's two 1sts, a 3rd, a 4th, Gustavsson, Cole for a 2nd, 3rd, and Brassard.
no it's not, because you can't undo the Reaves trade. We traded Reaves for Brassard, not a 1st. I mean, we did trade a 1st, but you know what I mean :laugh:

Reactions: Peat

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
@ColePens, acknowledged in another thread: One difference between Phaneuf and Brassard I forgot. Phaneuf had an approved visa and was in the country. Just needed to get it amended. Brassard is out of the country. New application.
What do you mean by "he was in the country"? I presume then that Brassard's visa from his NYR days has expired.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Phaneuf got sorted in under 48 hours though.

Acquired on a Tuesday. Figure the paperwork was submitted on Wednesday. Good to go by end of business on Thursday for LA's game against us.

NOW, nobody is processing paperwork on the weekend. SO, figure this gets started Monday morning.

IF the Phaneuf timeline holds, then Brassard should be good to go for a game the following evening.

48 hours is about right if you have some good, expensive lawyers and connections.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
What do you mean by "he was in the country"? I presume then that Brassard's visa from his NYR days has expired.

His work visa would be through his employer anyway, so when he changes clubs, he'd need a new one.

Don't get me started on the stupidity of immigration laws. :laugh:

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh

I like Brassard and excited about our depth, but that is simply TOO much for a 50 point center that's not even known for his defense or PKing.

I am sincerely hoping someone proves me wrong/convinces me otherwise.
It's not.

Boom, convinced.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
no it's not, because you can't undo the Reaves trade. We traded Reaves for Brassard, not a 1st. I mean, we did trade a 1st, but you know what I mean :laugh:
This is true, but even if you factor in Reaves, the value is we gave up is close to what we gave up for Kessel. And Kessel is twice the player Brassard is.

I guess I was just expecting the Pens to give up less for a 50 point 2nd line center. Not to mention that, from what I read, he isn't all that great in his own end.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
This is true, but even if you factor in Reaves, the value is we gave up is close to what we gave up for Kessel. And Kessel is twice the player Brassard is.

But the Kessel trade was a damn steal. Phil's NMC made us the only option for Toronto to move him. It's not a fair measuring stick because they were forced to sell him for pennies on the dollar.

I guess I was just expecting the Pens to give up less for a 50 point 2nd line center. Not to mention that, from what I read, he isn't all that great in his own end.
He's not a selke candidate, but he's a good defensive player.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Killswitch7187

Winter is here
Jun 29, 2009
State College, PA
It's still surreal the Penguins got Brassard.

I was mostly lurking around the time of the "Penguins are interested in Pageau" rumors - and the general census was how cool it'd be if the Penguins could get Brassard instead.

And it happened. Not to mention, he now has a cheaper caphit than Pageau, too. (Albeit, slightly.) :thumbu:

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad