Confirmed with Link: [PIT/OTT/VGK] Brassard/Dunn/Lindberg/3rd for Gustavsson/Cole/1st/3rd for Reaves/4th | VGK ret. 40%

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
and a playoff beast up to this point in his career.

The nickname "Big Game Brass" says it all.

I knew he was good in the playoffs, but I didn't realize how good until I checked out where he ranked over the last 5 years. Incredible to be able to throw out a guy like that on our 3rd line - with Kessel and Guentzel yet!

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
“It makes a lot of sense for both parties to part ways,” he said. “I grew up around here and I’m going to have the chance to say when I’m done playing that I played for hometown team and it was really special and we were really close to winning it all last year. I’m going to remember that for the rest of my life.”

“I feel life is too short, careers are too short and I want to play for the next five to six years and I want to have the chance to win the Cup, but I also believe in Ottawa’s future with all the young guys coming up. The people in Ottawa deserve a good team and they just have to be patient. If I had a couple of years left, I would feel different.”

Big game Brass excited to join Pittsburgh Penguins

Classy exit.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
The nickname "Big Game Brass" says it all.

I knew he was good in the playoffs, but I didn't realize how good until I checked out where he ranked over the last 5 years. Incredible to be able to throw out a guy like that on our 3rd line - with Kessel and Guentzel yet!
you make it sound like he'll be playing with trash

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Kreider would cost more. A bit more I'd think.
Probably, but I don't think we'd be far off with something like Sheary, Sprong and a pick/prospect. Don't know though. Fun to think about. :laugh: Kreider is a guy I've wanted on this team for years.

Reactions: KIRK

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Funny, I'd think Zuccarello is perfect for Sid's RW with Simon on the left side.

Ya, I've heard he's not happy about the constant rotation on his wings, but Malkin made more than due with all his cast offs...

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I mean, not really though. That wasn’t a favor...

Wouldn’t GMGM owe every other GM as well if that were th case?

The favor would be that JR stuck to the agreement Jr and Gm made in Feb, even after MAF went on a run showing everyone that he's still a #1 goalie. MAF had to waive his NMC for the ED for LV to pick him. But that didn't mean that JR couldn't have moved him elsewhere for actual assets... or tried to re-neg on having to give up a 2nd to "convince" GM to pick him.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Pen's cap hit for Brassard is identical to Sheary's ($3M). Sheary's production has been cut in half since last year (53/61 vs 22/59) and RW remains deep even with Reaves gone, he's gotta be being shopped around by GMJR.

If the Penguins made this absurdly complicated deal to get Brassard rather than just including Sheary in the package, what makes you think JR wants to trade Sheary?

Reactions: Riptide

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If the Penguins made this absurdly complicated deal to get Brassard rather than just including Sheary in the package, what makes you think JR wants to trade Sheary?

Well, the same logic that says the complicated package was necessary because Ottawa is run by Flintheart Glomgold. :laugh:

I don't doubt Sheary was dangled, but I think OTT wanted to save as much cash as possible, hence the shell game.

Reactions: Selfish Man

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The favor would be that JR stuck to the agreement Jr and Gm made in Feb, even after MAF went on a run showing everyone that he's still a #1 goalie. MAF had to waive his NMC for the ED for LV to pick him. But that didn't mean that JR couldn't have moved him elsewhere for actual assets... or tried to re-neg on having to give up a 2nd to "convince" GM to pick him.
Yep, keeping your word is important and in this particular instance that seemed to pay off. That's how such things should be handled. You help your team but do so with integrity and professionalism, unlike the reprehensible methods of that piece of shit Sakic.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Well, the same logic that says the complicated package was necessary because Ottawa is run by Flintheart Glomgold. :laugh:

I don't doubt Sheary was dangled, but I think OTT wanted to save as much cash as possible, hence the shell game.

Sheary could have been traded elsewhere, though. I just don't see a way the Penguins trade Sheary, especially after they just lost 2 pieces from their roster. I just think it would be a bad idea to have that much roster overhaul when you flat out don't need to.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Sheary could have been traded elsewhere, though. I just don't see a way the Penguins trade Sheary, especially after they just lost 2 pieces from their roster.

Perhaps. Or perhaps GMJR had another deal for him in mind if Ottawa didn't bite.

I'm not saying there's any real chance of this, by the by, just spitballing and gaming out the logic. Both options seem equally as likely to me at this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad