Confirmed with Link: [PIT/OTT/VGK] Brassard/Dunn/Lindberg/3rd for Gustavsson/Cole/1st/3rd for Reaves/4th | VGK ret. 40%

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Just looking over rosters for D:

Gorges
Jordie Benn? meh.
Oduya? Nah.
Barbario? Currently listed on IR and can't find anything about if he's practicing or? Looks like a solid defensive depth D-Man tho looking at his numbers.
Schenn. Big shot blocker. Not totally against it but probably prefer the other bolded more.
Connauton.
Bartkowski. Likes to block shots as well. Seems to never play there in CGY.
Davidson. Nah.
Benning. Likes to block shots but not a relied on defensively.
Auvitu. Nah.
Folin? Would he be available?
Beiga? Meh?

Bolded would be my preferred pick ups.
I think Oduya is the best name listed due to his experience. And unlike Gorges, who’s mostly a healthy scratch or barely plays when he is in the lineup, Oduya is still a regular.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
It will be interesting to see what Sully does now on the PK.

Its either play Sid on the PK every game, or play Rowney at wing so he can be used on the PK.

I'm not crazy about either option.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

Its either play Sid on the PK every game, or play Rowney at wing so he can be used on the PK.

Penalty killing isn't a hard skill to learn.

Sheahan, Kuhnhackl, Rust, and Hagelin. Rust knows how to PK. He just not a regular.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
i wonder if sullivan will use crosby in a slightly more defensive role going forward. let malkin/brassard take the offensive matchups

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

ask ourselves a question: who would PK if Rowney gets hurt?
you have 62, 17, 15 and they need a fourth guy: if Kuhn is there that could be hime (much to my chagrin)
if not, they better make one of the other forwards learn quickly, I would try anyone who is fast (Sheary?)

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Sheahan, Kuhnhackl, Rust, and Hagelin. Rust knows how to PK. He just not a regular.

Somebody has to take the faceoffs on the PK, those faceoffs on special teams are very important.

You need 2 centers to kill penalties.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

we have plenty of PKers. What we don't have is a 2nd PK center. We obviously could give someone PK time who hasn't typically gotten it. That's an option. But Sully does seem to value PKing, I think we've seen that with Kuhn and Rowney both.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
ask ourselves a question: who would PK if Rowney gets hurt?
you have 62, 17, 15 and they need a fourth guy: if Kuhn is there that could be hime (much to my chagrin)
if not, they better make one of the other forwards learn quickly, I would try anyone who is fast (Sheary?)

I'm not worried about having enough forwards who can kill, Jake can kill, ZAR as well.

I'm just worried about who can take face offs besides Sheahan.

Reactions: Riptide

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I went to bed last night reading many different Pens sites and the one thought I saw repeated over and over was "tee hee, thank god Reaves is gone".

Interesting. I noticed our Captain seemed very disconnected last night, did anyone else notice? I also have read that our Captain was very tight with Reaves.

Night in and Night out, Sid has bore the frustration from the league's mindset that it's simply unfair that the Pens have the 2 best Centers in the league on the same team. More so than any other player he routinely is targeted for borderline and sometimes outright dirty play by the opposition. That constant abuse seemed to take a toll on Sid's love for the sport, the same way that it did for Mario. I think JR saw this, especially after the nasty dirty shot to the head by Niskanen.
His response, Reaves; and a certain large % of the fanbase howled in protest. I will also make note one time of this fact, SID's ABUSE TOTAL WAS DRASTICALLY LESSENED THIS SEASON! Granted these complaints were mostly from a younger demographic who own the social media space, but their "opinion" became a mantra that a player like Reaves no longer serves a purpose to a team built on skill and speed. Well.... opinions differ. I accept that you may laugh at my opinion, call me outdated and out of touch, I mean who cares. My opinion is worth the same as any of yours, nothing. But I do wonder what is the opinion of our Captain now that Reaves has been traded??? Does anyone care about that???

On paper, yesterday was another HUGE day for the franchise. It's really hard to complain about a roster that now on paper looks to be the best in the league. But as we all know, it's only on paper.

One thing I can guarantee is that the jealousy of the Pens grew 10 fold yesterday. Team will play nastier against the Pens and yes, the mostly Canadian Refs (who probably are among the biggest trolls here on HF) will once again eat their whistles with that ole Canadian ham & egg'r mindset, "you have to expect to get what you got".

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I'm not worried about having enough forwards who can kill, Jake can kill, ZAR as well.

The only other one right now is Crosby, which has been something I have been concerned about since the first rumors about Brassard. A Cullen like center we could put on the wing would be perfect right now.

turd

Feb 1, 2013

Isn’t Guentzel a natural center? Have him do it. I don’t want Rowney anywhere near the starting lineup.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
i wonder if sullivan will use crosby in a slightly more defensive role going forward. let malkin/brassard take the offensive matchups

Malkin’s line is our best defensive line though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I dojn't know if this got mentioned, but something else good about this trade: the Penguins got Ottawa's 3rd round pick this year, which is basically the equivalent of where their 2nd round pick will be. That's actually pretty nice, they'll have 2 picks in the 55-65 range most likely.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad