Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] F Sidney Crosby signs extension with the Penguins (2 years, $8.7M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pens fans must be happy, or as happy as they can get given the state of the team. I would bet that they wouldn't begrudge Sid at all if he asked for a trade in near the end of his contract if the Pens are not competitive.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Sid legacy is important to him. But I do think he gave Dubas a deal here to help the cause. Pens are getting somewhat younger and the farm system is much improved with trades, draft picks and more picks coming. Pens are not giong to blowe it up and never intended to do so. Crosby, Rust, Rakell back healthy, Geno, Bunting who fits well with Malkin and DOC can still be a nice top 6.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
Pens fans must be happy, or as happy as they can get given the state of the team. I would bet that they wouldn't begrudge Sid at all if he asked for a trade in near the end of his contract if the Pens are not competitive.
By state of the team, do you mean having won 3 Cups in the cap era while retaining the franchise hall of famer who is chasing the points totals of the top players in history?

Cause as a Pens fan, I’m psyched and would do it all over again.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
eh really hard to be mad at the current roster or team personally - they were unlikely to be good when Sid and co were 37.

I direct my angst at the mismanaged 2018-2023 stretch. Had an excellent cap structure in June 2017 and butchered it. Despite always “going for it” they won a single round since the cups.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
three more 80 point seasons puts Crosby about 100 short of Jagr for #2 all time. I wonder if he could manage two more 50ish point seasons on top of that in his 40s to take the silver medal.
I don't know. 80 points might be hard for him to achieve.

1726517590963.png

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
eh really hard to be mad at the current roster or team personally - they were unlikely to be good when Sid and co were 37.

I direct my angst at the mismanaged 2018-2023 stretch. Had an excellent cap structure in June 2017 and butchered it. Despite always “going for it” they won a single round since the cups.
I'm with you. Forgot all the moves they made, but it seems like they could have made better ones, and had better coaching and GM's during that period. Crosby is basically a dream player for any franchise, and Malkin and Letang are pretty damn good themselves.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He has already won multiple cups. I think that a greater boost to his legacy would be to stick it out with the Penguins and mentor their next wave of players.

I doubt he is going anywhere, but the term of this contract does give them the option to move on if that is what he wants to do.
There is no next wave of players.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
He has already won multiple cups. I think that a greater boost to his legacy would be to stick it out with the Penguins and mentor their next wave of players.

I doubt he is going anywhere, but the term of this contract does give them the option to move on if that is what he wants to do.
Yea he has longest tenured captain (yzerman at 19 years, Crosby currently at 18) and most points with a single franchise (Howe at 1809, Crosby currently at 1596) within his sights.

Reactions: pi314

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
By state of the team, do you mean having won 3 Cups in the cap era while retaining the franchise hall of famer who is chasing the points totals of the top players in history?

Cause as a Pens fan, I’m psyched and would do it all over again.
Who cares what they have done. The contract is for the future when they will be dead wood.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
As this shows, he got full market value on his first non ELC contract.

If Bedard signed at the same cap hit % in 2025 it would 5 x $14, 076,000
Also shows he's been on a sweetheart of a deal since 2013. And Bedard is nowhere near the player Crosby was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad