Value of: Pick #13. BUF looking for top 4 RD

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Can't speak for everyone but I could probably get on board with that. Ideally we would want to get an NHL ready player that can contribute on the scoresheet now but JJ has a lot of promise and could take off soon perhaps.
JJ put up double digit goals this year with 13 mins a game of icetime. I think you could expect an uptick in those points especially not playing on "kids" line in Carolina. You guys have the ability to stagger line depth better than we did this year.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Honestly rather target a legit starting goalie with our 1st and get a d-man like mayfield or severson in free agency and we could then flip joki for other assets or trade him and some picks for a bottom six lhd making stillman number 7

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Pesce would be a perfect fit in terms of need for the Sabres. I'd be willing to trade 13OA 2023 plus more. I wouldn't really want to move Peterka for him, or Savoie / Kulich. But I'd be fine with basically any other draft pick, Rosen, any other prospect, etc. If Pesce would re-sign, something close to what Edmonton paid for Ekholm is what I'd move.

2023 1st, 2023 2nd, Jokiharju, and Rosen.

Reactions: elchud

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Ehhhhhh, I'm not so sure. Yes, Pesce is a bit older than Chychrun and needs an extension....but he's a picture perfect fit for what we need in a top 4 defenseman. I think the reason you saw those two as no-gos in a Chychrun deal is twofold: Chychrun is very similar in style to Dahlin and Power so would be a bit redundant......and only had 2 years left on his contract and would be no shoo-in to re-up.

With Pesce, I would imagine that we'd be able to talk to his agent to work out a new deal beforehand.....which I think might put Kulich in play.
Pesce is not a picture perfect fit. He’s the same kind of D-man as Chychrun.

32B50363-9D3F-4DA3-A7D0-69B7725E61BB.jpeg
30C4E124-54F6-46D7-B03F-2F6CC6DFDC05.jpeg

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Xerloris.. you would not make this trade?

I would in a heartbeat. Gives us a future stud on the back line. Frees up a lot of money and gives us another top 15 pick.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Parayko's cap isn't really a problem for us until we NEED to pay Power/Quinn/Peterka the big bucks. We can kick the can down the line some by bridging those guys (especially Quinn/Peterka/Krebs). Then by the time his cap would theoretically be a problem, Skinner's cap drops off.

The back injury is certainly a concern though.
There is no concern. His back is fine.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens move Petry for a 13th pick in the draft. . Buffalo gets a player with 2 years left that may fit the improvement on the right side with no real long term contractual issues. Experienced RH shot and can play PP well is an asset that will improve Buffalo's back end. Plenty of cap room for this. Pens with new GM wants to get prospects in the system and revamp the back end.

• Haha
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Pens move Petry for a 13th pick in the draft. . Buffalo gets a player with 2 years left that may fit the improvement on the right side with no real long term contractual issues. Experienced RH shot and can play PP well is an asset that will improve Buffalo's back end. Plenty of cap room for this. Pens with new GM wants to get prospects in the system and revamp the back end.
Petry for a 1st ain’t happening; and I like Petry.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Buffalo doesn't need a rhd d-man that can play on the power-play we need a shutdown guy that can pair with power a tanev type

Reactions: Chainshot

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Buffalo if it wants to move up here, Petry is a fit for that. Yes it seems like a mid first pick is too high. But finding a RD with a RH shot who needs time to develop vs a veteran who can play the next couple and solidify the RD will be more costly than that pick. RD who can bring size and good shot and PP with no real long term risks has merit. Letang blocked Petry on the first PP but he looked good when he did play. Those guys are not cheap

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Faber's very competent play so far in the NHL makes me wonder if his d partner, Johnson, might not be ready as soon as next fall. Faber was a better college player, but not by a lot. They have similar games. Both steady, two way types, with excellent skating, and decent puck skills.

He's a LHD, though.

Reactions: Chainshot

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Buffalo if it wants to move up here, Petry is a fit for that. Yes it seems like a mid first pick is too high. But finding a RD with a RH shot who needs time to develop vs a veteran who can play the next couple and solidify the RD will be more costly than that pick. RD who can bring size and good shot and PP with no real long term risks has merit. Letang blocked Petry on the first PP but he looked good when he did play. Those guys are not cheap
We don't need a pp d we have dahlin and power while running 4f-1d setup would rather use our first for a goalie

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I wonder if he'll get blocked on the PP in Buffalo with (2) 1OA young defensemen that QBed PP1 and PP2 all year...

Adams will only pay a premium for a defensively responsible, long term solution. If a guy thinks he's going to rack up PP points, he'll be unhappy and not a long term solution.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Faber's very competent play so far in the NHL makes me wonder if his d partner, Johnson, might not be ready as soon as next fall. Faber was a better college player, but not by a lot. They have similar games. Both steady, two way types, with excellent skating, and decent puck skills.

He's a LHD, though.

We're not even sure that Johnson is signing with us.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Hr is thr last player buffalo needs. He’s due to fall of a cliff any day now.

buffalo has PMD/PP D in power and Dahlin.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
oof... forgot about that.

Rumour is that he was going to sign, but wanted to play a game and burn a year. Sabres wanted him to sign an ATO with Rochester and the contract starts next year. After they got eliminated, they should have relented. He woulda played two games, but they would have only had to pay him for one, as the final game against Columbus was after the season was over and nobody got paid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad