Value of: Pick #13. BUF looking for top 4 RD

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
The bedrock of getting Andersson is Ostlund and a 1st. Probably would add a B prospect and a roster player too. And that’s if we got lucky.

I imagine Calgary would be gunning for Kulich or Savoie to go with the 1st. Or Peterka.
Yeah that is probably a more fair price rather go ufa or a cheaper target

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That would make a ton of sense for Buffalo. Yeah, Parayko's contract might be heinous at the end, but the cap will be going up and there's always teams to dump a contract/salary on.

Parayko is kind of a perfect fit and is exactly what Buffalo is looking for. Hell, I'd consider pick 13 for Parayko straight-up.
Yup, I think Parayko would be a good fit, though I don't know about cap wise. There should be some worry about trading for a guy with back problems, though. Excellent dman, when healthy, but a bad back can destroy any athletes effectiveness. I would think that STL would move him, considering where the state of the team(beginning a rebuild).

If Parayko is even somewhat healthy he's worth at least a #13oa, if not more. I would call Guerin about Faber, first, though, even though you might get hung up on.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Yup, I think Parayko would be a good fit, though I don't know about cap wise. There should be some worry about trading for a guy with back problems, though. Excellent dman, when healthy, but a bad back can destroy any athletes effectiveness. I would think that STL would move him, considering where the state of the team(beginning a rebuild).

If Parayko is even somewhat healthy he's worth at least a #13oa, if not more. I would call Guerin about Faber, first, though, even though you might get hung up on.

Parayko's cap isn't really a problem for us until we NEED to pay Power/Quinn/Peterka the big bucks. We can kick the can down the line some by bridging those guys (especially Quinn/Peterka/Krebs). Then by the time his cap would theoretically be a problem, Skinner's cap drops off.

The back injury is certainly a concern though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Parayko's cap isn't really a problem for us until we NEED to pay Power/Quinn/Peterka the big bucks. We can kick the can down the line some by bridging those guys (especially Quinn/Peterka/Krebs). Then by the time his cap would theoretically be a problem, Skinner's cap drops off.

The back injury is certainly a concern though.
It's almost like if his back is a problem, you shouldn't trade for him at all, and is it isn't, STL either shouldn't trade him, or he should be more expensive to trade for.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Why wouldn't Buffalo just sign Severson this offseason? He's not old, can play in all situations, and has experience transitioning from a young team to a competitive team. Seems like a good fit. He won't be cheap but Buffalo has cap space and he won't be too expensive. Maybe a five year $6 mil per type deal?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
What do you think it would take? Certainly #13 is in play for him.

I’d be looking for high-end C or RW prospects ready to play within the next year or so. Ideally something like Kulich+13, but I have the sense that that’s an unrealistic ask.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Andersson isn’t a pure offensive defenseman lol. He’s an all situations type workhorse like Dahlin.
The stats say otherwise.
1681753893601.png

1681754014457.png

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I mean, we'd like that but also we have some cap decisions to make in the next two years. Can't re-sign all of Aho, Slavin, Skjei, Pesce, Necas, Jarvis, TT... they all need new contracts either next year or the year after. Burns is also up in 2 years but maybe he retires, maybe he does 1 year deals a la Pavelski.

We have some good young D coming up in Nikishin and Morrow who look to be solid NHLers. Currently, Pesce would be our 4th best D man as Slavin, Burns and Skjei are all ahead of him right now. He's good enough to be a 2/3 but we need scoring forwards. If they are NHL roster players then great. If they are good prospects, also great. If it's a high enough draft pick that we can use to get one.... you guessed it... great.

13th + Rosen + Jokiharju for Pesce? Carolina gets whomever they draft, a player who on many teams would be in their top 2 prospects list (he was our 8th best pre-season but Power, Quinn, Peterka and Levi were also that list) and a young current NHL D at the same position as Pesce.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm a huge JJ homer but Pesche would absolutely have to be on the table for him, though the 13 and JJ is to much so suddenly it becomes a different thread for me entirely.

13th + Rosen + Jokiharju for Pesce? Carolina gets whomever they draft, a player who on many teams would be in their top 2 prospects list (he was our 8th best pre-season but Power, Quinn, Peterka and Levi were also that list) and a young current NHL D at the same position as Pesce.

I can see 13OA + JJ being too much. As for Rosen and Jokiharu, I don't know I mean it's all fantasy and would come down to how the front office viewed them but I'm personally not wowed by them. Admittedly I didn't know much about Rosen until this thread but my inclination is that Canes would want a better prospect/player coming back. I don't think Joker does much for us. I think the fit is there it's just a matter of balancing the value.

Reactions: DJN21

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Sabres won't sign a free agent for 5million plus, and won't trade Savoie/Kulich. These filters eliminate some listed options.

For UFA, Clifton is the right age and should be the right price (less than 4.5).

Olofsson and a 2nd for Connor Murphy maybe? Olofsson could score 35 as a top-6 winger and PP1 and could be flipped at the deadline.

Last edited:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I can see 13OA + JJ being too much. As for Rosen and Jokiharu, I don't know I mean it's all fantasy and would come down to how the front office viewed them but I'm personally not wowed by them. Admittedly I didn't know much about Rosen until this thread but my inclination is that Canes would want a better prospect/player coming back. I don't think Joker does much for us. I think the fit is there it's just a matter of balancing the value.
I'd do JJ and a 2024 1st for Pesche personally. Not sure I'd go to crazy higher than that maybe a blocked B level prospect such as polpatov.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I'd do JJ and a 2024 1st for Pesche personally. Not sure I'd go to crazy higher than that maybe a blocked B level prospect such as polpatov.

If we could work out an extension first, sure.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
If we could work out an extension first, sure.
true, didn't realize he only had a year left.

At that rate I'd hope Johnson signs, sign a stop gap and go big game hunting for Pesce in free agency. Have to admit he is the perfect addition though.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

That's a big overpay for a guy with 1 year on his contract.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Can't speak for everyone but I could probably get on board with that. Ideally we would want to get an NHL ready player that can contribute on the scoresheet now but JJ has a lot of promise and could take off soon perhaps.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Savoie and Kulich were untouchable for Chychrun, so it’s safe to assume they would be for Pesce as well. Ostlund can maybe be sent back in a return instead of Rosen as he’s the better prospect, but he’d (Pesce) would have to come with more contract certainty.

Ideally I’d like to keep Jokiharju and put him on our third pairing, but the team won’t do that. They see him as a top 4 dman, and of the current top 4, he’s the old guy at 23 (turning 24). He also needs to decide what type of dman he’s going to be, because the only thing he really does well is skate. Carolina has a better D corps to learn that from though.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Can't speak for everyone but I could probably get on board with that. Ideally we would want to get an NHL ready player that can contribute on the scoresheet now but JJ has a lot of promise and could take off soon perhaps.

JJP and Quinn are the two forwards on the Buffalo roster who are primed for a breakout on the scoresheet. You could see and feel it coming at the end of the year.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Savoie and Kulich were untouchable for Chychrun, so it’s safe to assume they would be for Pesce as well.

Ehhhhhh, I'm not so sure. Yes, Pesce is a bit older than Chychrun and needs an extension....but he's a picture perfect fit for what we need in a top 4 defenseman. I think the reason you saw those two as no-gos in a Chychrun deal is twofold: Chychrun is very similar in style to Dahlin and Power so would be a bit redundant......and only had 2 years left on his contract and would be no shoo-in to re-up.

With Pesce, I would imagine that we'd be able to talk to his agent to work out a new deal beforehand.....which I think might put Kulich in play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad