Phoenix XXIV: How many twists does the scriptwriter have left?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
And another tidbit:

That lends credence to further suggestions from sources who say that before this deal reaches an endgame with the NHL, the would-be owner (Hulsizer) will be asked to top up the transaction -- possibly the shortfall in bond sales -- with his own capital.

Honestly, I think thats all people really want to see... Hulsizer using his own money to buy the team. If someone wants to spend thier own money to buy the Coyotes, then hats off to them. That also shows they are fully committed to the team. When someone spends other peoples money on something, you always have to question thier resolve.

All I could say to the Coyotes fans is that if Hulsizer does get the team, every game from this point on had better be a sellout or close to it, or you will be right back in this situation in a few years IMO.

RECCE

The Dog House
Apr 29, 2010
Margaritaville
So, would it still be as "lucrative" and inviting to MH if he had to pull the moths out of his wallet in order to get some more wampum to put on the table?

Guess we'll see just how "passionate" about hockey he really is...

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Stupid question from the back! *waves hand*

If MH had to "top up" any shortfall as far as monies, would that not require some sort of re-write/amendment to the lease agreement?

Also, if he's just going to cut a check for a few million or 10 or more to make up for it-why didn't he just do this in the first place?

RECCE

The Dog House
Apr 29, 2010
Margaritaville
Stupid question from the back! *waves hand*

If MH had to "top up" any shortfall as far as monies, would that not require some sort of re-write/amendment to the lease agreement?
I'd think that a "jirga" would also have to be held with the other "investors", no? It would be intersting to know where they stand on this. :naughty:

AllByDesign

Who's this ABD guy??
Mar 17, 2010
Location, Location!
That's what the GWI wants to see happen. They want him to assume the risk on the "parking venture".

MH has given no indication at any time that he is willing to assume that risk. I would be utterly stunned if we are hit with the news that MH has decided to finance the parking rights on his own. Maybe not to the point of starting to sell beads at the airport, but...

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
That's what the GWI wants to see happen. They want him to assume the risk on the "parking venture".

MH has given no indication at any time that he is willing to assume that risk. I would be utterly stunned if we are hit with the news that MH has decided to finance the parking rights on his own. Maybe not to the point of starting to sell beads at the airport, but...

are those rights not his to begin with when he buys the team? Can he not finance the team directly instead of monetizing the parking for a down payment?

WpgJets

Dec 19, 2010

He seems only interested in investing into the team. In all the times he spoke he really hasn't given any indication of interest in the arena or the parking other then small remarks of the city. With a 70 million investment why hasn't he called upon his "investors" for help with more cash ??

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
That's what the GWI wants to see happen. They want him to assume the risk on the "parking venture". MH has given no indication at any time that he is willing to assume that risk. I would be utterly stunned if we are hit with the news that MH has decided to finance the parking rights on his own. Maybe not to the point of starting to sell beads at the airport, but...

Ya, thats' out. I really have a problem with the predatory nature of the deal in its entirety however, it is what it is & he's what he is. Phoenix deserves better. If he & Glendale manage to pull this off, my hope is that his tenure will be short-lived and we see some decent (Jerry & Michael Reinsdorf) ownership moving in to take the reins. Talk about Low Expectations. The Man is positively Funereal.Maybe Im' just too long in the tooth to get past my cynicism but really, what exactly is this "Dude" bringing to the table but a front?. And if I do encounter one of his Minions at Sky Harbour, I'll be breaking their fingers ala Alec Baldwin & that annoyance of a Hare' Krishna freak bugging him on the escalator in Miami Blue. :help:

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
you guys ever wonder if killion actually talks how he writes?....he would be a great trivial pursuit partner...would get the brown pie slice every time.

i would love to have a beer with him.

PitbulI

Dec 22, 2010

We must be all so wound up with this.

The parking is the COG's excuse to say that they got something from handing MH 100 million dollars. THAT"S IT !

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
He's a walking cultural encyclopedia ;)

He's the.......
the-riddler.jpg

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
you guys ever wonder if killion actually talks how he writes?....i would love to have a beer with him.

Well, thanks peter. And actually, I tone it down quite a bit here on hf, so ya, pretty..... But you know?. I rarely drink beer, but when I do?..... dos equis.....stay thirsty my friend... :)

He's a walking cultural encyclopedia ;)

of completely useless information..........damn those Alien's.... why wont they just leave me alone?...

Skarjak

Sep 8, 2010
Toronto
Let's be honest. What's the chance that someone who refuses to take on any risk whatsoever to buy this team, will decide to invest the money required to improve the franchise?

MH is a patch at best. I am really skeptical of his commitment to the team.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Let's be honest. What's the chance that someone who refuses to take on any risk whatsoever to buy this team, will decide to invest the money required to improve the franchise?

MH is a patch at best. I am really skeptical of his commitment to the team.

It does seem a curious turnaround-though we'll have to see if he puts his money (and the investors) forward.

Someone, somewhere, in either CoG, NHL, GWI, MH or his investors, SOMEONE probably knows how it's all going to end.

If that person would be kind enough to come forth on the boards, and just say "this is what is going to happen...." and educate us on it, we can wrap this puppy up;)

Dado

Only thing missing from that is Vincent Price with a "Mwahahahahaha..."

AllByDesign

Who's this ABD guy??
Mar 17, 2010
Location, Location!
Amazing how "Some Guy" can place something on twitter and it can take off. Here I thought the OP knew who created this Tweet. Once I saw that nobody had ever heard of this dude, it took me 1 minute to establish it was "some guy".

May I suggest if someone has a tweet to broadcast they just use Google to find out who the author is?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Legal Question - CFD

I have been meaning to get some insights into the CFD arrangement that was previously included in the MOUs for IEH and Reinsdorf.

In IEH's MOU the CFD was proposed to provide $7.5 million to IEH annually to cover their debt financing of the team purchase. Interestingly, the $7.5 million was to come from parking revenues around the Jobing.com. The reason that IEH's first MOU was rejected was that the bank loaning IEH the money insisted that the COG guarantee that they would cover any shortfalls in the CFD funds. The COG insisted that they would not be able to pledge their tax revenues to back the CFD. It all seems a bit quaint now, doesn't it?

The creation of the CFD (June 22, 2010) was to incorporate city-owned land around the Jobing.com arena. What is unclear to me is how would the CFD generate parking revenue if it had not acquired the rights? So how would the CFD acquire those rights, and from whom? Would IEH (the new owner and lessee) have given the parking rights to the CFD? Or would the NHL transfer those rights to the CFD? Or, would those have come from the COG itself, since it was creating the CFD based on its own land, including the parking lots?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So the rumor of Reinsdorf was completely fabricated?

In any case, it looks like GWI is not going to back off any time soon:

http://twitter.com/GoldwaterInst/status/44140669157113856

Yes, I think that the GWI are "all in" on this one, politically, philosophically, personally and reputationally. Unless there is a material change in the agreement between Hulsizer and the COG, I doubt that the GWI will do anything to help this deal close.

The ball is very much in the COG/Hulsizer court. Either the COG has to bite the bullet and pay whatever the market demands to sell these bonds without the GWI's assurances, or Hulsizer needs to renegotiate and give the COG a break on key provisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad