Phoenix XXIV: How many twists does the scriptwriter have left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalfoot

Karlsson!
Dec 21, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
Well, it appears that things really are galvanizing here. Gotta ask, am i the only one hearing echoes of the following song in the "bonds are too damn high" claim?

GWI. CoG. Showdown at dusk. Should be good.

BigBadBread

Shi Shi Shawww
Dec 4, 2006
So its up to Goldwater at this point? They sue its over in Glendale and if they don't the deal goes through?

Sound about right?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
So its up to Goldwater at this point? They sue its over in Glendale and if they don't the deal goes through?

Sound about right?

Yep and they don't have to do a thing. Just maintain their current position. Go on vacation, work on other stuff, they don't have to lift the phone, or answer it.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/03/...nding_coyotes.html?blockID=432578&feedID=3702

Scruggs said of the deal — and the watchdog Goldwater Institute's threats of a lawsuit that have held up the completion of financing thus far — "We are now at a point where time has run out."

Scruggs and Glendale spokeswoman Julie Frisoni declined to specify, saying only that neither the NHL nor Hulsizer has issued a deadline for the sale.

Scruggs is asked about a deadline and says there is none, yet during her speech she says time has run out. Sounds like there is a deadline immediately or very soon. Maybe the mayor is getting a little flustered and let the "run out" comment slip.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Title = Meh

Anyhow lets start a pool as to when everybody thinks the NHL will pull the plug on this sad state of affairs.

I call March 11th.....late in the afternoon!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Scruggs is asked about a deadline and says there is none, yet during her speech she says time has run out. Sounds like there is a deadline immediately or very soon. Maybe the mayor is getting a little flustered and let the "run out" comment slip.

Over a long enough timeline, time always runs out. With consideration to how long this entire process has taken, she chose the appropriate words.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I had a long, long, long day. Recap?

Here's what we learned today:

Sienfeld was a sitcom circa 1990. One of the principal characters was a short bald man named "George". It seems his key contribution to the show was the phrase "Yadda Yadda Yadda"

He famously invoked said phrase while in an automobile during what appeared to be a date with a retro-styled female.

When situations become cumbersome, it is appropriate to utilize the phrase "Yadda Yadda Yadda". Some members of this forum even campaigned for the phrase to become the title thread. Their attempt did not yield the desired result.

You're up to speed.
CF

WpgJets

Dec 19, 2010
I'd think Glendale would have a back up plan in place in a situation like this like get an AHL team to relocate to glendale to get atleast some profit going for the Job. I don't think any city can run a Arena like Job without Plan B and C ready to go.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Here's what we learned today:

Sienfeld was a sitcom circa 1990. One of the principal characters was a short bald man named "George". It seems his key contribution to the show was the phrase "Yadda Yadda Yadda"

He famously invoked said phrase while in an automobile during what appeared to be a date with a retro-styled female.

When situations become cumbersome, it is appropriate to utilize the phrase "Yadda Yadda Yadda". Some members of this forum even campaigned for the phrase to become the title thread. Their attempt did not yield the desired result.

You're up to speed.
CF

What ticks me off is I was saying "Yadda Yadda" years before Seinfeld hit the air. Yet when I used it I had friends get on me for copying Seinfeld-no I was saying it first!

And no I don't have a link;) (So I guess it "didn't happen")

As for what happened today-I think we are maybe, finally, beginning to see the end game here....

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.
I'd think Glendale would have a back up plan in place in a situation like this like get an AHL team to relocate to glendale to get atleast some profit going for the Job. I don't think any city can run a Arena like Job without Plan B and C ready to go.

Mayor Scruggs has publicly stated that the city has no Plan B if the Coyotes leave.

GHOST

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad