Phoenix LXXX: Is there another way out?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC
Drank one of those puppies last pay day. Thank to your fricken' picture, now I'm going to have to sink another eight bucks into a bottle of beer tonight. Haha. I just have to remind myself that it's 750ml just like a bottle of wine, about 10% ABV which is comparable to a bottle of wine, and it's much cheaper than a drinkable bottle of red.

I like the way you think

Oh thats real Classy manisback. Steel Reserve? Why not
Colt 45? Why dont you just give poor rt your recipe for...

information-about-jungle-juice.jpg

Sort of reminds me of birthday celebration at the junior ranks mess of CFB Wherever.

Last edited:

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
I imagine the league could get away with maintaining the May 31st illusion due to the late start this season. It's an imaginary deadline, for us.

So since the league is 2 weeks behind on the playoff schedule this year because of the lockout... that allows them to delay a relocation decision for two weeks? :help:

There has to be ZERO chance that the NHL delays it any further... right? It HAS to be settled 2 weeks before the draft and before the Stanley Cup Finals start... right?

I wonder where the NHL gets it's supply of straws...

nelina

May 28, 2013
Saguenay, QC
Whenever they make a decision not really important. Damages already done.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but being reduced to the point to be ready to finance the sale of one of its own franchise, NHL create a precedent in all major sports leagues.

ahplk

Sep 25, 2011
So since the league is 2 weeks behind on the playoff schedule this year because of the lockout... that allows them to delay a relocation decision for two weeks? :help:

There has to be ZERO chance that the NHL delays it any further... right? It HAS to be settled 2 weeks before the draft and before the Stanley Cup Finals start... right?

I wonder where the NHL gets it's supply of straws...

Who knows...

"As the relocation of the original Winnipeg Jets franchise to Phoenix was not official until nine days after the draft, selections of the future Phoenix Coyotes team were made under the Jets' name." -1996 NHL Entry Draft

mmajeski06

Mar 24, 2010
Cary, NC
For all we know the deal could be done (May 31st deadline says nothing about when the league has to make it public) and all parties have been sworn to secrecy.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
For all we know the deal could be done (May 31st deadline says nothing about when the league has to make it public) and all parties have been sworn to secrecy.

The team has been sold and moved next season
is the debut of the Tuktoyaktuk Mukluks to play in the NHL's new Arctic division:naughty:

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010

Can't keep a secret forever, and the more people that know, the harder it is to keep that secret. If they have to keep that secret, then they are really inhibited in their progress to get the team ready in time, so it really wouldn't really be worth the effort to try to keep this a secret for a substantial period of time.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Can't keep a secret forever, and the more people that know, the harder it is to keep that secret. If they have to keep that secret, then they are really inhibited in their progress to get the team ready in time, so it really wouldn't really be worth the effort to try to keep this a secret for a substantial period of time.

The Remparts are on par with some NHL franchises. They'll be fine in terms of being ready. Probably even better than Winnipeg.

King_Stannis

Jun 14, 2007
Erie PA, USA
as far as the May 31st deadline..the NHL could use the lockout as an excuse...say the season started late and next season will begin late also...which gives them another week or two.

The Jets announcement came the day before the Finals began...if the league still plans on moving the Coyotes to Quebec I'm going to guess they will announce it the day before Finals..in about 2 weeks.

Until then they will continue this last ditch attempt to get a deal done
For the last time, there is no may 31 deadline. The NHL isn't and never was under that constraint.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
In following the title of this thread, if the Coyotes stay for another year, the title of the first thread following that announcement should be: There's No Way Out!

enarwpg

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
For the last time, there is no may 31 deadline. The NHL isn't and never was under that constraint.

And there was no magic unsealing of bids/opening of envelopes for RFP responses.

Beacon should already have a preliminary idea of the viability of the responses to the RFP.

manisback121

Feb 28, 2008
So I make myself a cup of coffee this morning, pick up the sports section of the Winnipeg Free Press and the headline "Coyotes' dope opera picking up steam" is staring me in the face.....

Great choice of words to describe what's been going on in Glendale the past four years. Not that there's any more insight into what's going on but here's the link >http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/nhl/coyotes-dope-opera-picking-up-steam-209772711.html

Usually it's no money no honey, they should check the money makers before proceeding lol...usually nothing is free especially in that department

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Comment from Mike Smith.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coy...smith-wants-return-team-stable-contender.html

“The biggest part about me signing back here will be: Is the ownership group coming in, is this going to be a place that free agents are going to want to come and play and are they going to spend the money to make this a better team on an every-year basis?†Smith said. “I think that’s the most intriguing piece of the puzzle.â€

So not only is Mike Smith waiting for new ownership, he wants a new owner that's going to open their wallet to make this team better. That might be difficult for any owner of this team when they are coming in with so little cash and a bunch of loans that need to be paid back one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad