Proposal: Philly and Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Easy no for the Leafs. Brown will be more valuable than Couts in a few years book it.

So Brown will be a 65-70 point winger? Because that's what it will take....even then, maybe not.

And it's not homerism. Flyers fans would take Couts NOW over Simmonds and Schenn who are/can be 60 point guys. If Couts takes the next step, like he showed this past year, his value goes up even more.

buttman*

Don'r care if Flyer's fans don't want Kadri but don't suggest Courourier and his 11 goals are ">>>>>>>" than anyone. :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Is he good defensively ? Yes no one can argue that. But if he wants to be regarded a top 6 player his offence needs to improve greatly. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks he's very overrated

He was 47th in PPG for centers last year. Is that not 2nd line?

Oh...and Kadri was 57th.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Don'r care if Flyer's fans don't want Kadri but don't suggest Courourier and his 11 goals are ">>>>>>>" than anyone. :laugh:

Oh I never said I would not want Kadri. He would be the perfect guy to add to who we have.....but not at the cost of Couts.

As I just said above, it's not a Kadri thing...it's a Couts thing. We would take him over Schenn and Simmonds as well. Kadri is not alone in that group.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
So Brown will be a 65-70 point winger? Because that's what it will take....even then, maybe not.

And it's not homerism. Flyers fans would take Couts NOW over Simmonds and Schenn who are/can be 60 point guys. If Couts takes the next step, like he showed this past year, his value goes up even more.
What is this :laugh: So Couturier is more valuable than say Corey Perry?

Couturier has never touched 40 points once in his career, and he`s turning 24 in a couple months. The guy is a 3rd line C, albeit with elite defense. At 22 Kadri had 44 points in 48 games. No way does Toronto trade a young 2C and a top 5 prospect for that.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
He was 47th in PPG for centers last year. Is that not 2nd line?

Oh...and Kadri was 57th.

It depends. If you do 30 centres * 2 then yes he is. But watching him play his offence doesn't seem top 6 to me

Also I already said I'm not comparing the two and I didn't comment on the value of the trade.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What is this :laugh: So Couturier is more valuable than say Corey Perry?

Couturier has never touched 40 points once in his career, and he`s turning 24 in a couple months. The guy is a 3rd line C, albeit with elite defense. At 22 Kadri had 44 points in 48 games. No way does Toronto trade a young 2C and a top 5 prospect for that.

I never mentioned Perry did I. I did however mention Schenn and Simminds.

Couts was just our #2 C for a playoff team. But don't let that info cloud your judgement If you think Couturier is only a #3 C, then I can't change your mind. Your wrong, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I never mentioned Perry did I. I did however mention Schenn and Simminds.

Couts was just our #2 C for a playoff team. But don't let that info cloud your judgement If you think Couturier is only a #3 C, then I can't change your mind. Your wrong, but you are entitled to your opinion.

how many #2 centers in this league have never hit 40pts?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Couts>>>>>>kadri
Tor needs to add alot more than just brown. Or the phillies(^^) laugh at the leafs

6 > huh?

pretty high praise for a guy who has never topped 15g or 39 pts in a season. kadri has 40 more pts in 26 less games. couturier may be the better 2 way guy, but his lack of finish screams #3C. a #2C on a contending team is scoring more than 10-15g a year

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
So you are really going with the stance that Couturier is not a #2 C? Good for you...lol. Goodnight.

yup. offense just isnt there. seriously how many players who havent hit 40pts in this league after 5 years would be considered a top 6 player?

I havent seen a non flyers fan yet proclaim couturier to be a #2.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'm not very good with this type of stuff, but I think 63 games might be more projectable than 7

im not very good with this stuff but surely his first 4 1/2 seasons count for more than a decent 20 games?

last 3 seasons 39-37-39. surely there is a pattern there

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013

I'm expecting Brown to be a 50-60 point scorer in the future while being good defensivly. That's better than Couts

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The only way Kadri would be a flyer (he'd be a fantastic fit, btw) is if one or two of those nice little defensive prospect that Philly is hoarding are coming back the other way.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
To clarify, Couts was on a 51 point pace this year....63 games played.

He was on a 62 point pace from Nov 28th onward....a span of 46 games.

Kadri had 1g/6pts through 26 games as he struggled with linemates who couldnt finish (grabner,boyes etc) and adjusting to a new coach.

in his last 50 games he had 16g/39pts, a 64 pt pace.

leafs are more than happy to see what naz can do with talented wingers (JVR,Marner,Nylander) surrounding him. we certaintly arent gonna dump him and brown unless the return is immense. couts isnt that

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
This is an auto-yes by the Leafs every time

except that anyone who actually watches leafs games says no?

surely those guys know what kadri brings to the table more than a random jets fan? wasnt that the same sentiment in jets threads regarding trouba deals?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
To clarify, Couts was on a 51 point pace this year....63 games played.

He was on a 62 point pace from Nov 28th onward....a span of 46 games.

Yet from Dec 4th onward it was 57. LOL

I'm probably a bigger Couts fan than most Flyer fans (having watched him locally as a kid before most here ever heard of him).

His offense has yet to translate and until it does, people are just stretching things for argument's sake. While the Connor Brown comment is tongue in cheek, let's not overlook how he has been dominantly successful at every level he has played at.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad