Player Discussion Phillip Danault: What's My Line Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Danault actually plays less than 3 minutes more than KK a game so you are wrong on that. That's like 3-4 shifts.

Bergevin also made it clear that the management group expects a lot more from him, but they can't even scratch him because we got no C depth.

Lehkonen has done dick all outside of his PK chances early in the season.
Scratching Tatar was to send a message although he was the wrong player to scratch.

Ya that's just not true. The problem is 4 players only scoring goals. People here are acting like KK has 10 goals on the year already but it's not even close. 2 goals or 0 goals, it's both terrible. KK wasn't even NHL caliber last year and had like 9 good games in the playoffs(with the same ice time) and although he hasn't been bad this year, he hasn't blown anyone out of he water.

If we had any center depth and any center that can win a faceoff besides Danault, then I'm all for scratching him because he's been awful. But all I hear is Danault sucks and is getting way too much ice time compared to KK which is just bullshit since like 6 forwards and 5 dmen on this team need to step up and score goals.

Evans is less than one percentage point below Danault in Faceoff Percentage this year, so that line is complete bullshyte, as is the line of Lehkonen doing nothing; he's the best forechecker we have in the Bottom 6...wanna fix the offense??...fix the damn transition game by deploying a PMD on each D pairing!!...you do nothing but make excuses for Danault & Clod while ignoring that allowing our young C's time to progress their game will help in the long run...

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
At this point I would sit Danault for 1 or 2 games. Bring in Weal for that time lapse to bring a fire under Danault's butt.

Not saying this would absolutely work, but maybe it could 'reset' him and everybody else. That cheap shot on Stutzle was nasty. Danault seems to be pretty frustrated right now and is not his usual self.
Scratch him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Evans is less than one percentage point below Danault in Faceoff Percentage this year, so that line is complete bullshyte, as is the line of Lehkonen doing nothing; he's the best forechecker we have in the Bottom 6...wanna fix the offense??...fix the damn transition game by deploying a PMD on each D pairing!!...you do nothing but make excuses for Danault & Clod while ignoring that allowing our young C's time to progress their game will help in the long run...
How about the other 2 centers? Who else do we have that can even play center if we do scratch Danault(and I do agree he deserves to be scratched)? Where's the bullshit exactly?

Lehkonen has done absolutely nothing offensively besides the PK chances, like even worse than Danault. Not to mention that Danault has the history of being substantially better offensively too. Claude Julien loves Lehkonen like his own son, if he scratches him, it's because of his offensive ineptitude. Once again, no bs there.

You do nothing but see red when the name Danault comes up. I've said ad naseaum that Danault has been awful, but you can't comprehend that because you are just too mad. I'm merely calling out the bullshit excuse that KK would be a lot better if he had he 3-4 extra shifts. I've also said that I agree that KK should play more, and Danault less, but again, you are way too pissed off at Danault and overlooked that. As if playing KK on the PK for a shift a game and giving him 2 more shifts at even strength will catapult his pathetic goalscoring totals to the top.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
At this point I would sit Danault for 1 or 2 games. Bring in Weal for that time lapse to bring a fire under Danault's butt.

Not saying this would absolutely work, but maybe it could 'reset' him and everybody else. That cheap shot on Stutzle was nasty. Danault seems to be pretty frustrated right now and is not his usual self.
Scratch him.

...or the rest of the line happens to all be skating the other way when Gudbrandson/Tkachuk try to tear his face off...:popcorn:

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
...or the rest of the line happens to all be skating the other way when Gudbrandson/Tkachuk try to tear his face off...:popcorn:
Ok.

I will still think the same. Danault doesn't seem to be himself. I don't think a snicker would work at this point. Try a reset.

Scratch him.

Reactions: Runner77

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
How about the other 2 centers? Who else do we have that can even play center if we do scratch Danault(and I do agree he deserves to be scratched)? Where's the bullshit exactly?

Lehkonen has done absolutely nothing offensively besides the PK chances, like even worse than Danault. Not to mention that Danault has the history of being substantially better offensively too. Claude Julien loves Lehkonen like his own son, if he scratches him, it's because of his offensive ineptitude. Once again, no bs there.

You do nothing but see red when the name Danault comes up. I've said ad naseaum that Danault has been awful, but you can't comprehend that because you are just too mad. I'm merely calling out the bullshit excuse that KK would be a lot better if he had he 3-4 extra shifts. I've also said that I agree that KK should play more, and Danault less, but again, you are way too pissed off at Danault and overlooked that. As if playing KK on the PK for a shift a game and giving him 2 more shifts at even strength will catapult his pathetic goalscoring totals to the top.

Lehkonen is a 4th line winger who gets almost no offensive zone time, not our "supposed" Top 6 C who gets a collection of our best wingers and LOTS of O-zone time AND LEHKONEN HAS 2 LESS POINTS THAN DANAULT!!...wanna talk Kotkaniemi, OK, let's:
he has outplayed Danault in every damn game this season despite getting 3rd line minutes and a collection of bottom 6 wingers since the "hot guy" was taken off of his line; so why was Toffoli removed from KK's line??...was it because they weren't scoring??...NO, it was so Black Hole Danault could have the hot guy and KK could get the LW who's having his worst year since he was a rook...you're literally trying to defend the indefensible...stop attempting (poorly) to move the goalposts...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lehkonen is a 4th line winger who gets almost no offensive zone time, not our "supposed" Top 6 C who gets a collection of our best wingers and LOTS of O-zone time AND LEHKONEN HAS 2 LESS POINTS THAN DANAULT!!...wanna talk Kotkaniemi, OK, let's:
he has outplayed Danault in every damn game this season despite getting 3rd line minutes and a collection of bottom 6 wingers since the "hot guy" was taken off of his line; so why was Toffoli removed from KK's line??...was it because they weren't scoring??...NO, it was so Black Hole Danault could have the hot guy and KK could get the LW who's having his worst year since he was a rook...you're literally trying to defend the indefensible...stop attempting (poorly) to move the goalposts...
Holy shit dude calm down lol. Danault also has 2 less points than KK who got pretty much all his points playing next to white hot Toffoli, Armia playing the game of his life, and Perry coming in and playing incredibly.

Toffoli was removed from KK's line because that line was painfully slow as f*** and stopped scoring. Ik KK would prefer playing with literal garbage instead of Tatar who only had 61 points in 68 games just last year(playing with Danault no less!), but that's the reason. Toffoli also wasn't playing that great once we stopped playing the Canucks, but whatever fits your garbage agenda I guess.

You are spewing such nonsense are so deluded with these conspiracy theories that Julien wants everything for Danault when he got called out by management. You don't even know what you are talking about anymore. Which center do you want to play instead of Danault? Jordan Weal who has been garbage for like 3 seasons? Ryan Poehling who was barely an AHLer last year? Micahel Frolik who has lost 8 steps and is closer to an AHLer rather than an NHLer?

Reactions: ZUKI

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Danault actually plays less than 3 minutes more than KK a game so you are wrong on that. That's like 3-4 shifts.

Bergevin also made it clear that the management group expects a lot more from him, but they can't even scratch him because we got no C depth.

Lehkonen has done dick all outside of his PK chances early in the season.
Scratching Tatar was to send a message although he was the wrong player to scratch.

Ya that's just not true. The problem is 4 players only scoring goals. People here are acting like KK has 10 goals on the year already but it's not even close. 2 goals or 0 goals, it's both terrible. KK wasn't even NHL caliber last year and had like 9 good games in the playoffs(with the same ice time) and although he hasn't been bad this year, he hasn't blown anyone out of he water.

If we had any center depth and any center that can win a faceoff besides Danault, then I'm all for scratching him because he's been awful. But all I hear is Danault sucks and is getting way too much ice time compared to KK which is just bullshit since like 6 forwards and 5 dmen on this team need to step up and score goals.

''Lekhonen has done dick all outside the PK''
Lekhonen has done more than Danault did this season entire season and play 3min less average a game and was anchored with Byron for most of the part.

Danault average 16:23 TOI this season. 0 goal 6 assists . 8 blocked shots. 23 hits , 9 turnovers 0 takeaway. Plays with Gallagher , Toffoli and Tatar.
Lekhonen average 13:11 TOI this season. 2 goals 2 asissts , 8 blockes shots , 28 hits , 3 turnovers 1 takeaway. Plays with Anchor Byron and Evans

Ya Lekhonen has done absolutely nothing. Well deserved healthy scratch over Danault that can play replaced 1 or 2 game against Ottawa for a Weal or Poehling at this point.
Also once again blaming the goals scored means absolutely no sense with what we are talking about right here.
Also for Kotkaniemi. When did he ever get 2 good wingers for 17min a game? Never.
He's 20 and our future meanwhile you make him play with Armia and Lekhonen for 2 seasons.
Meanwhile Danault gets the best winger every night and does absolute f*** all except getting carried for 2 season by his wingers.

It's about sending a god damn message. It was the perfect timing against Ottawa to do it. Btw Byron can take faceoffs and could also taken center 4th line for a game or 2.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
''Lekhonen has done dick all outside the PK''
Lekhonen has done more than Danault did this season entire season and play 3min less average a game and was anchored with Byron for most of the part.

Danault average 16:23 TOI this season. 0 goal 6 assists . 8 blocked shots. 23 hits , 9 turnovers 0 takeaway. Plays with Gallagher , Toffoli and Tatar.
Lekhonen average 13:11 TOI this season. 2 goals 2 asissts , 8 blockes shots , 28 hits , 3 turnovers 1 takeaway. Plays with Anchor Byron and Evans

Ya Lekhonen has done absolutely nothing. Well deserved healthy scratch over Danault that can play replaced 1 or 2 game against Ottawa for a Weal or Poehling at this point.
Also once again blaming the goals scored means absolutely no sense with what we are talking about right here.
Also for Kotkaniemi. When did he ever get 2 good wingers for 17min a game? Never.
He's 20 and our future meanwhile you make him play with Armia and Lekhonen for 2 seasons.
Meanwhile Danault gets the best winger every night and does absolute f*** all except getting carried for 2 season by his wingers.

It's about sending a god damn message. It was the perfect timing against Ottawa to do it. Btw Byron can take faceoffs and could also taken center 4th line for a game or 2.
Well that's just not true. Danault faces teams top players while Lehkonen faces the teams bottom 6 players. Lehkonen should be feasting on them, but he hasn't for a while. That Byron-Evans-Lehkonen line was money for the start of the year by destroying the other team with their speed and relentless forecheck, but that hasn't happened for a while. Not to mention that Danaults offensive resume blows Lehkonens out of the water.

Lol replace Danault with AHLer Jordan Weal and Ryan Pouteing who we are trying to develop. Great idea when we are trying to make the playoffs.

Also for KK, he's not playing anywhere near as good as he did in the playoffs in the same scenario in terms of linemates and ice time. He's played with white hot Toffoli, most productive player last year in Tatar and Armia this year so stop lying. He played with Lehkonen and Armia for very little this year, and in game injuries were a reason.

We can't send a message when we got no competent replacement. I'm all for scratching Danault because he's been garbage offensively, but we got nobody.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Holy shit dude calm down lol. Danault also has 2 less points than KK who got pretty much all his points playing next to white hot Toffoli, Armia playing the game of his life, and Perry coming in and playing incredibly.

Toffoli was removed from KK's line because that line was painfully slow as f*** and stopped scoring. Ik KK would prefer playing with literal garbage instead of Tatar who only had 61 points in 68 games just last year(playing with Danault no less!), but that's the reason. Toffoli also wasn't playing that great once we stopped playing the Canucks, but whatever fits your garbage agenda I guess.

You are spewing such nonsense are so deluded with these conspiracy theories that Julien wants everything for Danault when he got called out by management. You don't even know what you are talking about anymore. Which center do you want to play instead of Danault? Jordan Weal who has been garbage for like 3 seasons? Ryan Poehling who was barely an AHLer last year? Micahel Frolik who has lost 8 steps and is closer to an AHLer rather than an NHLer?

You're full of shyte and you know it; Toffoli was given to Danault to "hopefully" boost the Black Hole's numbers so Clod could justify why he's playing more than the kids who are still outplaying him...that's it, that's all...you can't even retort with anything that makes sense, just utter foolishness about conspiracies and make-believe because it's apparent to anyone that has eyes that Danault has been our worst C this year and it's not even relatively close...wishing upon butterflies and rainbows isn't making the Black Hole play any better, nor is giving him the best we have in line mates/deployment, so the answer is simple; remove him from the lineup and see if it helps or hinders...but instead of logic, you'll come back with "but last year" or some other gem that has absolutely nothing to do with this season's piss poor play from Danault...you're as easy to read as a Clod lineup...

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Well that's just not true. Danault faces teams top players while Lehkonen faces the teams bottom 6 players. Lehkonen should be feasting on them, but he hasn't for a while. That Byron-Evans-Lehkonen line was money for the start of the year by destroying the other team with their speed and relentless forecheck, but that hasn't happened for a while. Not to mention that Danaults offensive resume blows Lehkonens out of the water.

Lol replace Danault with AHLer Jordan Weal and Ryan Pouteing who we are trying to develop. Great idea when we are trying to make the playoffs.

Also for KK, he's not playing anywhere near as good as he did in the playoffs in the same scenario in terms of linemates and ice time. He's played with white hot Toffoli, most productive player last year in Tatar and Armia this year so stop lying. He played with Lehkonen and Armia for very little this year, and in game injuries were a reason.

We can't send a message when we got no competent replacement. I'm all for scratching Danault because he's been garbage offensively, but we got nobody.
Yes because clearly Danault as done a really job against the top line players this year. /s
Also If you think you can't sit Danault 1 game against the Ottawa Senators who are getting riled 5 goals a game except against us will make a big difference if Weal plays a single game against Ottawa , it would have not changed a single thing offensively since Danault generates nothing.

KK played 2 games with Tatar lmao. Also yeah he had Toffoli earlier this season and then so what? Who was on the right wing with him? Ah yes Mr armia. 4 points a game then 2 points in 9 games.
KK might not be a solid second liner right now but they could give him a chance for like 10 games with 2 top 6 wingers instead of letting Danault who generates absolutely nothing offensively with 2 top 6 wingers instead.

Edit : Also they gave Tatar to KK because Toffoli was hot and wanted to ''start'' Danault offensively. So Clode rather help Danault than KK.

Well we both knows that Julien is an awful coach who didnt make the playoff in the last 7 years.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Danault's nose is going to end up with a more pronounced curve, if the Sens look to exact revenge for that idiotic slash he made on Stootzlahhhh.

Just like we hate it when other teams do it to our guys, when one of our guys pulls something like this, he should have to answer the bell.

The 'turds did nothing about it then,will they this game? some how I doubt it. So much for intense fiery hockey that so many were expecting,been a dud overall. If it so happens to come to fruition where they go after dumbo,cant see him dropping his gloves and more likely morphing into one of my all time favorite snacks.

images

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Everyone know he was carried by those two offensively. The only thing Danault is good for is keeping plays alive in the corners and cycling the puck to someone that can actually make plays. The guy has no offensive awareness or skill.
you said " He doesn’t belong with good offensive wingers because plays die on his stick "
I said then they wouldn't have good stats if plays die on his stick. Now you are telling that he's good to keeping the plays alive in the corners and cycling the puck . Do you realize that it's a part of the offensive game , and that it could complete very well the game of his linemates ?
Gally with +- 30 goals /seasons is good, but what ? you think that he would put 60 if he was playing with another centre ?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
you said " He doesn’t belong with good offensive wingers because plays die on his stick "
I said then they wouldn't have good stats if plays die on his stick. Now you are telling that he's good to keeping the plays alive in the corners and cycling the puck . Do you realize that it's a part of the offensive game , and that it could complete very well the game of his linemates ?
Gally with +- 30 goals /seasons is good, but what ? you think that he would put 60 if he was playing with another centre ?

Are you going to argue the fact that Gallagher-Tatar carried the line offensively??...

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

i don't understand how fans are so desperate to put the blame on 1-2 players shoulders. And how those "expert" fans are just awarded of the minutes on the ice to prove their rhetoric.
Danault plays against the best liners, he plays on the PKs , so of course he will get more minutes when game after games the Habs got 5-6 penalties but just 1-2 PP.

It's a team sport and every players are working in a system. KK has more success then Danault offensively ? the fact that he doesn't have to play the best lines helps him to produce more, for example .

Danault doesn't play well for several games, so is Tatar and honestly, i think that Gally isn't that good either even if he got points. The line is still out producing the opposition

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Are you going to argue the fact that Gallagher-Tatar carried the line offensively??...
did i say that ?:facepalm:
re-read the messages.
They are the ones that puts points and that are more skilled to score . But Danault is also a part of the equation by the way he carries the puck in the offensive zone, battles in the corners ... This is his role and yes, he belongs to play with them

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
re-read the messages.
They are the ones that puts points and that are more skilled to score . But Danault is also a part of the equation by the way he carries the puck in the offensive zone, battles in the corners ... This is his role and yes, he belongs to play with them

I mean Evans can do exactly what Danault does (carry the puck half assed and battle in the corners) and he’s actually scored.

What you’re naming are basic traits for a bottom 6 player.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
re-read the messages.

I don’t think he has looked good at all this season and is definitely not playing like he once was. I don’t think he played all that well in the bubble either. I don’t think he should be getting as many minutes as he is the way he is playing. I know he’s not a goal scorer but he has beaten a goalie once in the last 50 games. He needs to do better and I hope he does. His 5 on 5 stats have also dropped off in the last calendar year as well.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
re-read the messages.

I mean Evans can do exactly what Danault does (carry the puck half assed and battle in the corners) and he’s actually scored.

What you’re naming are basic traits for a bottom 6 player.

By your definition, then, anyone who plays centre with Gallagher-Tatar is part of the equation and the other 3 centres on this team have outworked and outplayed Danault this year...the entire premise here is exactly how Clod thinks it; that they were his best line for the previous two or three seasons, so it has to work now...despite all the evidence showing that it isn't working and hasn't all year...so do we wait for Danault to either magically pull his head out of his arse or to continue sucking & negate any value he has earned himself by his previous years' play??...or do we make a change that could actually help the team out of the funk they are in??...seems pretty straight forward and logical to not go the way of "trying the same ol' thing over and over, expecting a different result"...we all know what that's the definition of...

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
The reality here is that we either keep moving forward with the deployment Clod wants and hope things get better or make changes from the lineup we have in order to shake it up and see if things get better/worse...that's it, that's all we have...

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad