Player Discussion Phillip Danault: What's My Line Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Danault is currently 27 years old. He will be 29 at the end of next year.
good point. For some reason i thought he was 29.

BUT if he continues this trend of poor play, nobody will be offering him any type of extension of value.

IF like you say he'll come back to Montreal on another one year it would be so unlikely. His role is already reduced here. If he's trying to play himself into a better contract it will be elsewhere. All athletes have a pride, at times very stubborn.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
4f1QWsD.gif

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sens fans are convinced Danault speared Stutzle in the throat last game

Lol smdh

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
They are probably referring to this play:

Yeah I saw the link...but I mean, it's quite the leap to suggest he intentionally speared him in the neck.

He's not even looking at his direction lol, there was no altercation between both players and Danault just isn't "that" type of player.

Refs missed a high stick, he was reckless with his stick.

But suggesting he intentionally tried to felt Stutzle's neck is quite the reach...apparently DOPS agreed.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
No I didn’t complain when in the playoffs he sucked so much that they eventually put him with Byron and Lehkonen, because that’s where he belongs. He doesn’t belong with good offensive wingers because plays die on his stick and his shot is as bad as Mete’s.
What's that crazy kind of logic ?

He played with Tatar and Gallagher for more then 2 seasons , they both have reach their best career production playing with him. The line's ranked top of the NHL at 5/5.

Now you try to convince us that Danault doesn't belong to play with them because plays die on his stick. If it was true, both Tatar and Gally would have never put those good stats.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What's that crazy kind of logic ?

He played with Tatar and Gallagher for more then 2 seasons , they both have reach their best career production playing with him. The line's ranked top of the NHL at 5/5.

Now you try to convince us that Danault doesn't belong to play with them because plays die on his stick. If it was true, both Tatar and Gally would have never put those good stats.

Everyone know he was carried by those two offensively. The only thing Danault is good for is keeping plays alive in the corners and cycling the puck to someone that can actually make plays. The guy has no offensive awareness or skill.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can see the problem with Phil now, instead of curving his stick, he curved his nose,that's gotta throw you off some, and a right hand curve to boot!:laugh:

Danault's nose is going to end up with a more pronounced curve, if the Sens look to exact revenge for that idiotic slash he made on Stootzlahhhh.

Just like we hate it when other teams do it to our guys, when one of our guys pulls something like this, he should have to answer the bell.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Prediction: Danault plays more than KK and Evans again despite being vastly outplayed by both.
Prediction: People will relentlessly bitch and whine about Danault playing 3 more shifts than KK even though a bigger problem is having 4 players score over 60% of our goals.

Reactions: ZUKI

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Everyone know he was carried by those two offensively. The only thing Danault is good for is keeping plays alive in the corners and cycling the puck to someone that can actually make plays. The guy has no offensive awareness or skill.

Not everyone knows that, people were trying to convince us for years that he was at least a #2C and the reason Tatar and Gally reached a career high.

I'll never forget.

Reactions: le_sean

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Prediction: People will relentlessly bitch and whine about Danault playing 3 more shifts than KK even though a bigger problem is having 4 players score over 60% of our goals.

Jake Evans has scored this year...Jesperi Kotkaniemi has scored this year...so they are in the category of "Need to Score more"...not the category Phillip Danault is in; he's in that "WTF is he providing" category, since he hasn't scored AND is being outplayed by both kids...

Reactions: Habs178

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Jake Evans has scored this year...Jesperi Kotkaniemi has scored this year...so they are in the category of "Need to Score more"...not the category Phillip Danault is in; he's in that "WTF is he providing" category, since he hasn't scored AND is being outplayed by both kids...
Wowza, 2 goals in 17 games for Kotkaniemi, Matthews better watch out! Evans has pretty much only been a threat on the PK early on, and I really like the player. If Danault scores 2 goals, we will still f***ing suck and have MAJOR issues. If he doesn't, we are in the same boat. He's been better defensively. I don't disagree that he should play less, but we are talking about like 3-4 shifts here. That's NOT the reason why we suck at scoring goals.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Wowza, 2 goals in 17 games for Kotkaniemi, Matthews better watch out! Evans has pretty much only been a threat on the PK early on, and I really like the player. If Danault scores 2 goals, we will still f***ing suck and have MAJOR issues. If he doesn't, we are in the same boat. He's been better defensively. I don't disagree that he should play less, but we are talking about like 3-4 shifts here. That's NOT the reason why we suck at scoring goals.

We can't score because we lack a transition game...we're a "score off the rush" team that plays Dump & Chase because our Top D pairing can't move the puck...we have no structure once we get into the offensive zone except "fire it at the net from anywhere"...teams clog the neutral zone and Clod is out of ideas...all this comes back to Clod...

Jul 6, 2016
We can't score because we lack a transition game...we're a "score off the rush" team that plays Dump & Chase because our Top D pairing can't move the puck...we have no structure once we get into the offensive zone except "fire it at the net from anywhere"...teams clog the neutral zone and Clod is out of ideas...all this comes back to Clod...

The transition game was working super in the first 10 games. But for some reasons, the wheels fell off the train since then. Losing vs Ottawa is like loosing vs Detroit last season. These are bad for team morale. And like last year, it starts a series of bad games and losses.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
The transition game was working super in the first 10 games. But for some reasons, the wheels fell off the train since then. Losing vs Ottawa is like loosing vs Detroit last season. These are bad for team morale. And like last year, it starts a series of bad games and losses.

It worked against Vancouver, who's defensive game is a train wreck...once teams realized that Weber-Chairot-Mr. Ed can't do anything with the puck except ICE it, they adjusted...we didn't...

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Nobody is gonna dodge the fact that he plays 4min more than KK a game and has 1 goal in his 50 games.
He's like a king in this lineup. He's never punished , never his fault always get the better end.

Scratch Lekhonen which was not deserved at all over him.
Scratch Byron I understand but hes bad like him
Scratch Tatar our best forwards in the last 2 seasons over him makes 0 season

The only excuse is that we have no '' center'' to replace him to send him a message which is wrong.

Difference between Danault and the fact that 4 players scored 60% the goals is not the problem. Some players who barely scored are playing 5x better than him. Also Gallagher scored 6 goals and you know better than anyone than he's not even playing that good.

He's always the player whos impossible to punish becauce Clode loves him to the point that he thinks i'ts Patrice Bergeron in his eyes. Which Danault is not even 25% of what Bergeron is.

Apeironic

Jan 10, 2019

And the line that he is at the center of is entangled in that same lull. You see what were getting at here?

* face palms*

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Nobody is gonna dodge the fact that he plays 4min more than KK a game and has 1 goal in his 50 games.
He's like a king in this lineup. He's never punished , never his fault always get the better end.

Scratch Lekhonen which was not deserved at all over him.
Scratch Byron I understand but hes bad like him
Scratch Tatar our best forwards in the last 2 seasons over him makes 0 season

The only excuse is that we have no '' center'' to replace him to send him a message which is wrong.

Difference between Danault and the fact that 4 players scored 60% the goals is not the problem. Some players who barely scored are playing 5x better than him. Also Gallagher scored 6 goals and you know better than anyone than he's not even playing that good.

He's always the player whos impossible to punish becauce Clode loves him to the point that he thinks i'ts Patrice Bergeron in his eyes. Which Danault is not even 25% of what Bergeron is.
Danault actually plays less than 3 minutes more than KK a game so you are wrong on that. That's like 3-4 shifts.

Bergevin also made it clear that the management group expects a lot more from him, but they can't even scratch him because we got no C depth.

Lehkonen has done dick all outside of his PK chances early in the season.
Scratching Tatar was to send a message although he was the wrong player to scratch.

Ya that's just not true. The problem is 4 players only scoring goals. People here are acting like KK has 10 goals on the year already but it's not even close. 2 goals or 0 goals, it's both terrible. KK wasn't even NHL caliber last year and had like 9 good games in the playoffs(with the same ice time) and although he hasn't been bad this year, he hasn't blown anyone out of he water.

If we had any center depth and any center that can win a faceoff besides Danault, then I'm all for scratching him because he's been awful. But all I hear is Danault sucks and is getting way too much ice time compared to KK which is just bullshit since like 6 forwards and 5 dmen on this team need to step up and score goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad