Value of: Philip Broberg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Can not recall where I was reading it, but a comment about broberg potentially being available at some point to improve the Oilers team. May have had something to do with Konecny I don't know. The jist was that he was developing slower than the Oilers needed him to and as such might be available to help improve the team faster than his development was allowing for.

So simple question.

What is he worth in a trade? 22 year old; 6 foot 3, 200 pound LHD that hasn't exactly progressed in their development the fastest.
He’s approaching future considerations status of trade value

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
In this situation, I want to trade Broberg so he can get away from what appears to be a coach who absolutely hates him.
As a hockey fan, I can think of about a dozen players I think this about who are being misused or maligned by their coaches and potentially wasting good careers with bad on ice management

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So uh...Broberg or Bouchard for sale you think?

Also, gonna be interesting to see how attitudes have changed since June/July regarding Broberg/Bouchard after this start
Bouchard won’t be. He hasn’t been good defensively but neither has anyone else, and he’s at least producing and hit three posts himself last night.

Broberg should be but the sunk cost fallacy is real there.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Broberg for Podz?
I think, knowing Holland's track record, he would pull together a package including our 1st, Broberg and a player with some salary for an upgrade. Similar to the Barrie/1st/Schaeffer deal from last year. So if anyone has any suggestions for a right-side defenseman that Edmonton could target for a package of Broberg, our 1st, and Ceci, let's hear it.

No to Tyler Myers.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He's shaping up to be Jakub Zboril or Julius Honka at this point. I was very high on him but if we are seriously in win now mode and a GM wants him for some good value back.. then pull that trigger.

At this point I'm not sure if he would return Jakub Zboril though .. or Libor Hajek.. or Andrej sustr. You get the point. His value is rock bottom

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think, knowing Holland's track record, he would pull together a package including our 1st, Broberg and a player with some salary for an upgrade. Similar to the Barrie/1st/Schaeffer deal from last year. So if anyone has any suggestions for a right-side defenseman that Edmonton could target for a package of Broberg, our 1st, and Ceci, let's hear it.
No to Tyler Myers.
Nobody wants Ceci.
Righty defense very scarce, all the more so if a right hand shot.

There remains legit upside, but value is low due to improper development.

Rs could be interested b'c -- and again, they should listen to me -- now is the time to sell high on Lindgren supplement KAM w/Robertson + Scanlin
Brob is a good depth add to compete for those 2 spots

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
No to Tyler Myers.
Nobody wants Ceci.

Rs could be interested b'c -- and again, they should listen to me -- now is the time to sell high on Lindgren supplement KAM w/Robertson + Scanlin
Nobody on HF wanted Barrie either, but he had to be included to balance salaries. Plus, Ceci likely has more respect among GM's than he gets on HF. He's a good defenseman in a 2nd or 3rd pairing role, but Edmonton needs an upgrade to partner with Nurse.

We aren't looking at other teams development-challenged players or projects here. It would be rebuilding teams looking for futures in the form of draft picks, and a high upside project for a player that would help Edmonton better today, like the Ekholm trade was last year. The Rangers aren't a rebuilding team, so I don't feel this is a good match at all. The ideal trade partner on paper might be our most bitter rival in a trade for Tanev, but I don't expect the Flames are ready to bail out on the year yet, nor do I expect the two teams to do a trade for any significant pieces.

Realistically, this wouldn't happen until later in the season anyway, due to the cap ceiling.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Broberg is awful - i don't see an NHL dman in him. He's lost and after this many years, you gotta think its him.

Going into the season i tagged for 2nd round pick value. Now, i don't see much value in him at all. I don't think he will make it.

Reactions: EdmFlyersfan

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
No to Tyler Myers.
Nobody wants Ceci.

The bolded is quite interesting coming from you. You’re the one who always says that Rangers prospects, who aren’t living up to their potential, are still valuable because they’re only bad due to Mismanagement. Only applies to Rangers prospects though, huh?

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Oilers should hold onto Broberg, once Woodcroft is fired and they bring in a coach who’s fair yet patient with younger players and gets the biggest forward group of cherry pickers to commit to the back, he’ll have the opportunity and support to improve.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
A prospect swap change of scenery type deal would make sense. Oilers are full up on the Right side adding Ekholm and Kulak to Nurse. Broberg can’t find minutes.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
At this point I'm not sure if he would return Jakub Zboril though .. or Libor Hajek.. or Andrej sustr. You get the point. His value is rock bottom

The Pens have Hajek in the AHL now, but he's too valuable to part with. ;)

We'll happily give you a weak, overrated and pretty much useless P.O. Joseph though.

Reactions: Czechboy

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The bolded is quite interesting coming from you. You’re the one who always says that Rangers prospects, who aren’t living up to their potential, are still valuable because they’re only bad due to Mismanagement. Only applies to Rangers prospects though, huh?
Stop the bs, shall we?
While any assessment I make, like the rest of us is still guilty of mistake due to human error, I do make a visible, concerted effort to provide an accurate assessment -- and I'll go with that for an overall track record.

Case in point proving it:
When LaF was early on here w/his troubles, I did not THEN say he was potentially another Steve Vickers.

I said, don't know why this guy who they said was 'best 1OA since MacKinnon who is not a generational player' is not doing well, let alone not Jagr 2.0.

Howev, let's hold on to him and try and figure it out.
We did and then we concluded it was principally his skating, and it took a bit, but that finally got up to NHL par. Still does not have sufficient reaction time, but that also is improving.

Once he did turn the corner with the skating, THEN I said he had Vickers potential, an assessment that become more bullish w/the player actually progressing.

So what you are saying is wrong. It implies I demand overpay beyond a reasonable price [which any side doing a deal must feel there is enuf profit in it for them], and that is regardless of the true production of the player.

I like some players more than others.
I get some wrong.
I get most right.
But there is a reasonable attempt to assess.
You conveniently ignore that.

I said Broberg has legit upside
How much any team should gamble on that b'c it is now obv that Oil have effed it up so far w'him, is another story, one likely being driven by the currency involved

Reactions: Dr Awesome

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
Stop the bs, shall we?
While any assessment I make, like the rest of us is still guilty of mistake due to human error, I do make a visible, concerted effort to provide an accurate assessment -- and I'll go with that for an overall track record.

When LaF was early on here w/his troubles, I did not THEN say he was potentially another Steve Vickers.

I said, don't know why this guy who they said was 'best 1OA since MacKinnon who is not a generational player' is not doing well, let alone not Jagr 2.0.

We did and then we concluded it was principally his skating, and it took a bit, but that finally got up to NHL par. Still does not have sufficient reaction time, but that also is improving.

Once he did turn the corner with the skating, THEN I said he had Vickers potential, an assessment that become more bullish w/the player actually progressing.

So what you are saying is wrong. It implies I demand overpay beyond a reasonable price [which any side doing a deal must feel there is enuf profit in it for them], and that is regardless of the true production of the player.

I get some wrong.
I get most right.

How much any team should gamble on that b'c it is now obv that Oil have effed it up so far w'him, is another story, one likely being driven by the currency involved
Honestly it doesn't change the fact that your offers to the Oilers are not setting then for an upgrade this season. You are selling hope, the Oilers had enough dealing with hope in the decade of darkness. We want upgrades!

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Stop the bs, shall we?

I get some wrong.
I get most right.

The only BS is you trying to deny it. To name two, You did it repeatedly with Kravstov and now you’re doing it with Laf.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not a lot of value in Broberg. Likely he’d fetch another poorly progressing top 10 pick of similar age. If just for a pick he’s likely worth a second/third rounder. Elite size and skills but seemingly is just short on hockey thinking. And that’s key to high end players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad