Value of: Philip Broberg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Were the LaF thing to be on the table, that would happen to be an upgrade now [in that atm LaF has mo upside now than Holloway].
But in addition to value is currency.
On top of trading partner having to work around your zero level of cap elbow room, you want better to higher end guys, and YOU are not offering an incentive to go there. Which is fine, since NY can only cut so much before it gets to the bone.

Trouba won't waive and Schneider goes nowhere
We have no righty shot replacements for either
closest is Zac Jones, lefty shot, plays RD w/def +s and -s.

You have some pieces w/potential, but which currently are not kickin it.
Unlike LaF, where we could identify the prob [skating] and solve it [in process], Brob + Hol are ?s.

So again, you want/need to be in win now, fine.
There are limited matches for NYR
likes of Kreider, KAM are not available.
Deal w/it.
But this is parallel to where other clubs also are.
Deal w/it x 2
Is Deal w/it really actually saving enough typing time to disregard "deal with it"?

No offense but your post is worded so oddly. Actually it goes deeper than that....not kickin it? Man you the "opps"

Reactions: ManofSteel55

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He was such a puzzling pick at the time. EDM fans have to beating their heads on the nearest available wall, especially considering who else was available in 2019.

At this point, he needs to get away from EDM, and into an organization who plays very a structured defensive game, and see if he can develop his game.

I have no clue as to his value. 3rd seems low- mid/late 2nd? Veteran 5/6 Dman with low cap hit? 4th liner? As add on in a bigger deal? Depends if EDM is looking for a payoff now, or in the future.

I would unenthusiastically offer Merrill(1.2M) from the Wild, or maybe Addison(RHD 825K) We are awash in D prospects, so this is more of an indication of value than any desire for Broberg.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Problem is no one wants Ceci or Campbell cap hits and both of them are mediocre players. The plus has to be something good to offset the negative value and Broberg is not enough

Campbell I will agree with having negative value. Ceci, I don't believe does. He doesn't have a ton of value, but if we're trading for a Top 4 RD from another team, he's a decent replacement for the next couple of years at $3.25M. The problem we have is that we keep putting him out there with Nurse and they just don't seem to play well together.

In my mind, the depending on the player in return, the plus is at least a 1st round pick and/or one of the Oilers better prospects.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
something like
Jones + Lindbom + Domingue
for
Broberg + Holloway + Lavoie

As other posters have pointed out, this doesn't help the Oilers at all. You're taking out at least 2 current roster players for the Oilers and replacing them with no one that steps in. Jones appears to be a NHL/AHL tweener and we don't need two more minor league goalies, especially since we have, what appears to be a better one in our system.

I know you really want Broberg, but the criteria seems pretty straight forward imo. An similarly aged player/prospect that needs a fresh start or Broberg included with ++ to improve the current lineup. Your trade does not accomplish that at all. Your offer isn't even a lateral move, it sets the Oilers back. Only positive to a trade like this, is that if something stupid like this happens, maybe Holland gets fired.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Campbell I will agree with having negative value. Ceci, I don't believe does. He doesn't have a ton of value, but if we're trading for a Top 4 RD from another team, he's a decent replacement for the next couple of years at $3.25M. The problem we have is that we keep putting him out there with Nurse and they just don't seem to play well together.

In my mind, the depending on the player in return, the plus is at least a 1st round pick and/or one of the Oilers better prospects.
Ceci reminds me of a cheaper Myers

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
fair enuf
LaF for Hol+++ would be an immediate upgrade to Hol, but that is W, only helps as to moving secondary pieces and clearing room

and as I have said, LaF on the open market, esp now, likely to get better offers.

Unless Blues make Para available and you are willing to pay that price, and ditto for maybe Gibson from ANA, not seeing instant upgrade opportunities as you are seeking.

If you admit Bro currently has low value, and thus you're not getting like KAM for Bro ++++ from anybody, you can choose from multiple lateral moves, which given EDM situation, can't hurt.
I personally would have already gotten better coaching etc to develop my players. But that is water under the bridge.

something like
Jones + Lindbom + Domingue
for
Broberg + Holloway + Lavoie

2 D cancel, swap of 2 Gs for 2Fs
Jones can skate. His positional D/hockey sense is fine. But he's 5'11, 175 lbs
best paired w/a big body.

Lindbom got off to slow start here contract wise, etc, but is doing ok. We drafted him 39OA b'c our G guru Allaire said to. Would be emergency depth option who might compete in the near term.

Domingue we saw 2 POs ago w/Pens, did well vs Rs.
Has experience.
It's a gamble, but a cheap one.
Skinner needs help, Cambell sucks.
Lateral, but cost is low and you can see if you get lucky w/Para etc

Rs will take potential those 3 might hit and we have good enuf G depth
It's actually kind of impressive that you've managed to put together a trade offer so bad it actually makes me nauseous. Break that into three separate trades and Edmonton loses every single one of them.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Kind of wondering what it is that Edmonton would take for him now.

They need help on the blue line.
Need secondary scoring.
Need goaltending.
Need to start banking futures

Is it a scoring depth winger and a mid to late pick? Is it a quality young goaltending prospect or young starter stuck in a back up role? I mean it's looking pretty desperate all around in Alberta right now so I am genuinely curious if they start shedding youth for help right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad